Prince of Pike Departs

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
sparky1doug
Lieutenant

Prince of Pike Departs

Post by sparky1doug » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:27 am

:-({|= Friends, some are silver and some are gold, make new but keep the old! Buddy I want to thank you for ruining my salmon and trout fishing with the power of the Pike. My wife would like to thank you for the constant comments "honey I need a bass boat right away". My daughter would like to thank you for getting that first up close and personal with a Tiger Musky. When you moved to the westside I figured I could convert you to salmon and steelhead instead you converted me. I have many fishing friends but just one Buddy.:salut: Fish on .>:"":>
"Forever Fishing Washington State" my fish friendly blog on Google.
http://foreverfishing-sparky1doug.blogspot.com/

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Prince of Pike Departs

Post by YJ Guide Service » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:54 am

Good luck Buddy and we wish you the all the best in your new adventure. As far as doug, you know im easy and can always be persuaded to fish for sand carp (salmon and trout) any day lol. That was a very nice send off to buddy to. I just seen that same silver and gold saying on Mels facebook the other day it really is true. Long live Pike,Muskie and Chapter 60 Mountain Muskies...
YJ Guide Service 509-999-0717

Official WashingtonLakes.com Guide Sponsor
YJ Guide Service Guide/Owner
Jerry's Lure Design Field Staff

We fish for Sturgeon, Chinook Salmon, Walleye, Burbot, Tiger Muskie, Rainbow Trout, Channel Cats and Largemouth Bass

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:12 am

No words can convey the appreciation so many of us feel. You were a fantastic President of our Chapter; your sense of fair-play, honesty and integrity were matched by your sense of humor [woot] [woot]
I never laughed so hard in Board Meetings - what a hoot.
God's speed and safe passage back to the Rocky Mountains.
You will be missed but not forgotten because I know we will stay in touch ("on the way home")

We all are looking forward to meeting up with you at Curlew in the future and yes,
I will pinch you if you get my favorite cabin. [rolleyes]

Prince of Pike...

May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind always be at your back,
and may God hold you and your beloved esox
in the palm of his hand.

horizontally of course. =d>
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:17 pm

Enjoyed a little starbucks with Buddy this morning, Thanks for everything brother, you will be missed....

Safe travels

ND
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

http://www.nwtigermuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bad esox
Lieutenant

Post by bad esox » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:39 pm

Buddy,

Thank-You...for all that you have done for the NW TIGER PAC, Chapter 57, of Muskies, Inc. You had the solid character and fortitude to carry this Chapter to new heights and it is appreciated by every member of Chapter 57.

Yes, like Dex has said you will be missed! I know we will remain in contact and that you do plan to come back every now and then to fish with us. Once again, yes, we will be waiting...Have a great time in Colorado discovering this next chapter in your life...I'm pretty sure it is going to be a good one!

Anytime you're in Washington my friend please just let us know and we will have a seat open just for you!

Thanks for volunteering your time, sweat, money, and sometimes sanity...LOL...to help us carry on! Thnaks for being the Man and Leader that you are...

Best Regards!

Go get'em!!
>----):< A good gamefish is too valuable, to be caught only once.
NW TIGER PAC, Chapter 57 of Muskies, Inc.

jigman
Petty Officer

Post by jigman » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:49 am

Buddy, I know I'm going to miss you! You jumped in head first to take over the president's position and did an excellent job handling that as well as the tournament duties.You were never shy about your love for pike and converted a number of members to the fun of chasing pike. I know I gave you a lot of flak about the pike but it was all in fun! Any fish with teeth is cool with me! Though I won't be around to see it I'm sure the club will continue the tradition of at least one pike outing a year..........Maybe a Buddy memorial pike tournament! Good travels my friend, and save some of those New Mexico Muskies for the rest of us! Mike.

cudaman
Warrant Officer

Post by cudaman » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:37 am

Hey Buddy im gonna miss ya .but remember we have to plan for New Mexico I;ll start makin some gold fish glide baits & swim baits .I hope you and your family the best of life .I like pike
Nw tiger pac chapter 57

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:54 pm

Thanks guys!!! I will miss all of you and a lot of others too!!! Sorry it took me so long to respond, been really hectic with the worst move of my life (truck broke down 3 times and had to miss my first day of work because of that damn thing. Had it towed to denver from salt lake city, but that is another story at another time). I will definitely miss the tiger muskie fishing of washington as it is far better than colorado and even though New Mexico is insane it is a 7 hour drive........that won't stop me for very long though:-" And as I am sure I told all of you, I will be living very close to some of my favorite pike fishing lakes. Anyway, I will keep in touch with everyone and I will throw up a few post and pictures from here in colorado.

OH by the way, a 51.5" esox was caught in Idaho......you know the new state record pike:cheers:

Until next time
THE

Prince of Pike