Newman Lake Open Tournament this weekend!!

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
dougw
Commander

RE:Newman Lake Open Tournament this weekend!!

Post by dougw » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Well, the 1st Annual Newman Lake Open Tiger Muskie Tournament is complete. We had a great time. Several fish were caught, including a 46", 45", 30", 28" and an unverified 37" fish. Of course the 28" didn't count, but I thought it was worth mentioning in the overall results. Stand by for pictures to come on our website. It was tough fishing and hot. Thanks to Craig for organizing the tournament so well. Everything went smoothly! (despite someone being late!)
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies
http://www.mountainmuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bad esox
Lieutenant

Post by bad esox » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Great job!!!

That's #1 for, Chapter 60, the Mountain Muskies! I wish I could have been there, but I'm sure our two "jet setters" from Chapter 57 kept you busy anyway...LOL... I had a great time going to and from Sea-Tac Airport on this end!

I can't wait to see you all at Curlew in Sept!...Tell Mel to bring the pies....yum:chef: It is going to be a blast!!!!
>----):< A good gamefish is too valuable, to be caught only once.
NW TIGER PAC, Chapter 57 of Muskies, Inc.

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:55 pm

:cheers: Congrats Chapter 60, heard you put on a great tournament! Sorry girls from Chapter 57 but I heard a girl from Chapter 60 did real good! Good job!:salut: Hope to see some pics soon. If it was like it was here I'm sure it was hot out there in your boats. :-({|=
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:07 am

Here are the results from the 1st annual Newman Lake Tournament for chapter 60. Herb Zielke and Don Grove came in first with a total of 85" and the biggest being 45"x19.5". Second place went to Alishia Garrison and Mark Kendale with a total of 46". Alishia's fish of 46"x20" was also the big fish of the tournament, Alishia is the daughter of chapter President Craig Dowdy and secretary Melodie Dowdy. Third place was raffled off and went to Chris and Chuck Gades. We had a total of 5 tigers caught 1 of which wasn't verified before it self released itself. Melodie Dowdy caught a 26" Tiger that wasn't a legal fish in the tournament but still a Tiger, she also caught a 26" Pike. We had a sucessful raffle after all the fishing was all done. I want to thank Jani and Tammy for coming all that way to represent chapter 57 and support our efforts. We cant wait till next year to have our next tournament. We will be supporting chapter 57 and their tournament schedule for the rest of this year.I want to thank everyone in chapter 60 that helped put this together without everyone working together it wouldnt have gone as well as it did. Chapter 60 Mountain Muskies also adopted its new logo, hopefully soon it will be posted on our website for everyone to see, thanks Alishia for putting that together. I want to Thank Newman Lake Resort and Marina for allowing us to have our tournament there and for the great bbq afterwards, your the best. I would also like to thank the following sponsors for their support of us at this event: AX Tackle,C.S. Lures, Tackle Industries,Blade Runner Tackle,The Musky Shop,Norisada Baits,Warehouse Sports,Cabelos,LAX Reproductions, and Roundtable Pizza. Without their support our chapter couldn't afford to do any events, so THANK YOU.......
YJ Guide Service 509-999-0717

Official WashingtonLakes.com Guide Sponsor
YJ Guide Service Guide/Owner
Jerry's Lure Design Field Staff

We fish for Sturgeon, Chinook Salmon, Walleye, Burbot, Tiger Muskie, Rainbow Trout, Channel Cats and Largemouth Bass

MoMo
Angler

Post by MoMo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:59 am

The tournament was great! I could not be more proud of Alisha, and her father! He is a great teacher and she evidently is a great student. It seems like everyone had a great time at the tournament and the Muskie were very cooperative. All in all a great fishing day and what a way to start out with Chapter 60!!!!!!!