Wilderness Cutthroat adventure

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishcreekspinners
Lieutenant

Wilderness Cutthroat adventure

Post by fishcreekspinners » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:41 pm

Marie and I went Colorado camping with the grandkids a couple of weeks ago in the Mt Zirkel Wilderness area of the Route National Forest.

Here's a link to some movie footage of a high country fishing trip with my grand-daughter Sable.

The fishing was as wild as the surroundings! Old growth pine (notice the beetle kill), plenty of wild flowers, and countless frisky cutthroat chasing the F117 Red and Orange Armadillo. Ice cold water and healthy fish.

This footage was taken in the first of many ponds we fished. I used a handsfree camera in a chest harness, so you get up close and personal with my trusty Abumatic spinning reel. I'm working to improve my technique, btw...

Fish Creek Spinners wilderness adventure movie
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gringo Pescador

RE:Wilderness Cutthroat adventure

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:08 pm

Very cool! Why no sound?
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

fishcreekspinners
Lieutenant

Post by fishcreekspinners » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Patience is a virtue Gringo! How about I didn't want to disturb the pristine surroundings or my voice sounds like gravel in a blender?

I'm still working on learning the video software and quality of the video was phase 1.

Truthfully, for sound, I had the camera in a waterproof case and the microphone pickup sucks when sealed up.

I plan to add a voiceover or a music soundtrack, but for today, I was happy just to get it all trimmed out, spliced and rendered.

I have a couple other movies worth of footage to play with. Stay tuned.

fishcreekspinners
Lieutenant

Post by fishcreekspinners » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Here's a condensed list of the three video's I created from the hiking trip. The quality is a little better following some tips I found with a search, but the buffering is still slow.

There are some pretty beaverpond cutthroat if you stick with it and let youtube spin it out. (Still no sound though)

Dashboard views - Condensed view of Colorado back range driving to camping spot
Getting there

Top Pond - first fished
Movie 1

Middle Ponds - Most nice fish
Movie Sequence 2

Lower Ponds - Smaller fish, but plenty of them for a very full day.
Fish Creek Spinners YouTube movie sequence 3
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishcreekspinners
Lieutenant

Post by fishcreekspinners » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:39 pm

I added in some music, no voiceover, and rebuilt with fewer frames per second and slower recording sampling. That reduced much of the buffering delay and they are less fuzzy now. Take a look (and listen).

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:21 pm

You choose music as well as you make spinners.:cheers: Beautiful setting that you are in there.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

urbanangler
Warrant Officer

Post by urbanangler » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Fabulous videos. What a treat! thank you!
==urban== please don't tell me to C&R or to fish your way, thank you

VooDuuChild
Warrant Officer

Post by VooDuuChild » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:53 pm

I can't watch the videos due to my no-speed dial-up internet access. However; I do have some experience when it comes to doing some first person shooting. If you search around the net, you can get nice and fairly inexpenive cameras that were originally designed as helmet cams for snowboarding/dirtbikes (name your adrenaline sport) and they are small and light enough to wear right one your baseball cap. There is sound, they are waterproof and work great! Just thought you might be interested....Google helmet cam and you'll find more than you can take in, haha.
________
[l_,[____],
l---L -[]lllll[]-
()_) ()_)---)_) Jeeps are my other addiction......I need help, no, just more money!!!!