Newman Lake Open Tournament this weekend!!

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
KUP
Commander

Newman Lake Open Tournament this weekend!!

Post by KUP » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:29 pm

Ok, we are getting excited! I know you guys have been pulling some nice tigers out of Newman lately and a lot of us are anxious to get in the Tournament! WE are signed up and ready to go. Is there a launch /parking fee? Do you still want us to bring food for a BBQ after? I see your Rules on your website, http://www.mountainmuskies.com/forms/Newman_Rules.pdf and we will print out a copy to keep in the boat, just in case. Is there anything else we need? Got our cowling banner and tools....Any new updates? Weather forecast??? Inquiring minds want to know. We will be at the launch early to get the boat in the water....
thought I would start a new thread because the one below was getting long, but all the info is right on top of that one, too I see.

Can we bring snipe to bbq?#-o
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Newman Lake Open Tournament this weekend!!

Post by YJ Guide Service » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:20 pm

Cant wait to have you girls come over and fish with us. The weather is suppose to be warm 88-90 i guess. Dont think were doing a bbq unless everyone deceides to at the last minute we are still doing the raffle for the fenwick pole and the raffle for the other items. The public launch is free you just have to have the access permit in your window. Fishing the past few days has been tough i think the fish are taking a break so they can be caught the day of the tournament lol. We will be setting things up about 6 am and a manditory meeting for everyone at 6:30am. Everyone is welcome even if you dont fish come to the raffle afterwards about 4pm and support Muskies Inc. Mountain Muskies Chapter 60. We will be supplying all the snipe you can eat KUP, and we have a snipe call just for you, along with the special map of the lake. Dont forget to bring all your crappie jigs i guess those work the best out there.
YJ Guide Service 509-999-0717

Official WashingtonLakes.com Guide Sponsor
YJ Guide Service Guide/Owner
Jerry's Lure Design Field Staff

We fish for Sturgeon, Chinook Salmon, Walleye, Burbot, Tiger Muskie, Rainbow Trout, Channel Cats and Largemouth Bass

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Laugh as you may, but the crappies have been hitting my husky jerk as much as the tigers! I have about 4 13" and 1 16" crappie on the silver HJ12 this summer so far! The weather will be nice on Saturday. Hopefully it is conducive to catching as few tigers for the tourney. You girls just need to show up. The boat will be in the water before you get there. That is, unless you show up at 4am....;)
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies
http://www.mountainmuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:20 am

No doug not the big crappie jigs the little 1/32 oz ones lol in pink....

We fish for Sturgeon, Chinook Salmon, Walleye, Burbot, Tiger Muskie, Rainbow Trout, Channel Cats and Largemouth Bass

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:50 am

Did you get that 'huge' net ready for Jani yet????
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:08 am

No worries: PAD will NOT be up at 4 a.m. I guarantee it :-$
The only thing pink in my tackle box is a Double Cowgirl with #10 blades... will that work on crappies #-o
Actually, there is a landslide of every color of every lure in those plano boxes; that will be the real time consumer: deciding on which lures to bring :-({|=

So who knew I could use a crappie jig on 80 lb Power Pro, eh? No wonder Rosann tells me to fish multi-species.

Snipe on the barbie? I'll skip that entree but bring those little snipe whistles -- maybe they will lure in a 'ski.

"Huge" net? Are we in an 8 foot boat with a 10 foot net?
Is that what you meant by "handicap"

I sure hope we provide as much success on the water as we do humor for your club. :bball:

It is karma time, for us. Hopefully the fish know that.

Our husbands think we are crazy, but "girls just gotta have............ ...fish"

Thanks, CH 60 for all your help! :queen: :queen:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:10 am

Good luck KUP and Proanglersdaughter in this weekend's tournament. I think you need to give chapter 60 their final schooling on how tiger muskie fishing is really done. :-"

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:47 am

Yeah we have a net for you already to go, do you want a frame with that net or just the netting or maybe just the frame lol. The whole set-up cost extra. Time will tell at next months Curlew tournament on which chapter takes home the trophy lol.... good fishing everyone

Ryan Young
Angler

Post by Ryan Young » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:33 am

I was at a family function last wensday on Newman Lk. and my father and I snuck away long enouph to catch this little guy. I hope you guys have a fun time. I am also posting a pic of one I caught last year on Newman.

Ryan Young

Fathers

Mine

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:41 am

Wow, Ryan, nice fish! Thanks for posting them. You oughta come on over and fish with the tourney this weekend?! It will be a lot of fun.
How big is that beaut in the bottom pix? She looks real fat and sassy.

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:49 am

Lucius wrote:Good luck KUP and Proanglersdaughter in this weekend's tournament. I think you need to give chapter 60 their final schooling on how tiger muskie fishing is really done. :-"
Thanks Buddy for the smack, I was going to wait a little longer before I started in... :-#

But since Craig is going to charge me now for the "whole net" (hole net??) I figured
I'd just send you the bill. :eye:

and Craig- maybe we can follow Chucks idea about having some kind of Annual Trophy at Curlew this year for the cross-state rivalry. Like the Lunge Bucket for the National Chapter Challunge?

"The single trophy that is awarded the winning team is one of the most coveted in all of Muskies, Inc. It is the fabled Lunge Bucket. This trophy dates back to the initial Chapter Challunge in 1977. The very first muskie that was caught in that Challunge, a 40-incher, was hooked on a live sucker. The sucker had been kept in an old homemade minnow bucket. After that Challunge, the bucket was brass plated, had a brass muskie bolted to the top, and the words Lunge Bucket and Muskies, Inc. Chapter Challunge were engraved on the side. Additionally, the name of the winning chapter, location of the event, date, and number of points garnered were also engraved into the brass plating. Each subsequent years' Challunge winner has been added and the Lunge Bucket has become a unique and historical traveling trophy. The winning team keeps possession of it for the following twelve months. The camaraderie and sportsmanship that occurs during each year's Challunge is almost overshadowed by the intense and good-natured competition to gain control of the Lunge Bucket."
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:28 pm

The Eve' of the 1st Annual Mountain Muskies Newman Tournament is almost upon us. Thank you Craig for all the work you are doing for this tournament. My only wish is that the fish cooperate and make this a success. If you read this before I talk to you on Friday, I was not able to secure a judge boat. We will have to do the alternative verification for each fish. That might get kind of annoying for you, since you will have to verify all of my partner's fish!!!! Oh, and hopefully mine as well!!! :)
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies

sparky1doug
Lieutenant

Post by sparky1doug » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:40 am

Go get em girls of 57. Show them how it's done, beat the boys of 60. Girl power! Catch two for me, Maddy Porter.
"Forever Fishing Washington State" my fish friendly blog on Google.
http://foreverfishing-sparky1doug.blogspot.com/

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:04 am

AHHH let the games begin, and may the Tiger Muskie spirits bless the Dowdy family hopefully one more time lol. I guess now its time for all the trash talking Muskie fisherman to put their fishing skills to the test and lets all have a great time and hopefully meet some new people that love to Muskie fish as much as we do. Hope to see everyone at Newman Lake Resort around 6 am tomorrow. Remember try to park across the street from the public launch so we dont take up as much room so others have plenty of room to park. Chapter 60 Mountain Muskies

bad esox
Lieutenant

Post by bad esox » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:20 pm

Hey Guys,

I just thought I would give you fair warning...LOL... I just put our "jet set" ladies from Chapter 57 on the plane and they are heading your way for the weekend...They should be there by 9:00 P.M. est... I hope you all have a great tourney and that you can stay cool out there! It is suppose to be yet another warm one....you all catch lot's of fish and remember to drink lots of water out there!
>----):< A good gamefish is too valuable, to be caught only once.
NW TIGER PAC, Chapter 57 of Muskies, Inc.

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Just got back from getting the ladies boat to Newman.....Now for my boat.

I hope we have a good tournament. Weather will be warm for sure. Bring lots of sun block! Lets catch some fish!!!!
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:33 am

Good Morning Everyone!!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers:
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies

sparky1doug
Lieutenant

Post by sparky1doug » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:14 am

Go to the Bucktails Ladies! Red and Black Show Girls. The Pride of 57 is on the line. >:"":>
"Forever Fishing Washington State" my fish friendly blog on Google.
http://foreverfishing-sparky1doug.blogspot.com/

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:53 am

Good point Sparky.....

Maybe I should contact the Airlines and set up there return flight based on their performance today....

LOL

Good luck everyone

ND
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

http://www.nwtigermuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bill G
Petty Officer

Post by Bill G » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:56 am

Good luck everyone. Hope you all have a great time, sounds like you will.
Rosann
I'm not in the toilet yet, but I'm definitely standing on the rim.