Chelan Mack Bar Location

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
stevoblue
Petty Officer

Chelan Mack Bar Location

Post by stevoblue » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:49 pm

I did a search but had no luck, would someone be kind enough to tell me were the Mack bar is at on Lake Chelan. We are doing some boat camping over there next week. Thanks in advance for your help.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Chelan Mack Bar Location

Post by Amx » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:55 pm

Not labled in this picture, but maybe it's worthwhile to you, and no I know nothing about Chelan;

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/TopoMaps ... akeMap.gif
Tom.

Interests: living

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:04 pm

A map here that you can zoom in on the lake;

http://www.experiencewa.com/experience- ... n&radius=1
Tom.

Interests: living

blufin loui
Lieutenant

Post by blufin loui » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:53 pm

stevoblue wrote:I did a search but had no luck, would someone be kind enough to tell me were the Mack bar is at on Lake Chelan. We are doing some boat camping over there next week. Thanks in advance for your help.
Stevoblue, The bar lies out from the Mill Bay Boat Launch. If you have a depthfinder, watch the depth as you motor from the launch across toward the opposite shore. The water will drop off into a trough (170-190 feet), then rise (the bar-120-15feet), these depths are approximate, and will vary depending on where you cross the bar. Years ago back when I fished out of a wash tub and paddled (tongue in cheek), its location was described to me like this. If you motor out toward the middle of the lake from the launch, then take a visual bearing from Mill Bay point (up lake), and the middle of the lake at the down lake side. With you being on this hypothetical line, you should be on the bar. I haven't checked it out while using the depth finder, but it should give you a starting point. Hope this is of some small help, and I wish you the best on your upcoming outing. Look forward to reading your report..

stevoblue
Petty Officer

Post by stevoblue » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:33 pm

Thanks for your help, I ran across this finally after several hours of searching. I always like the directions with the visual cues. They seem to be the most accurate when describing fishing locations, they were prefected long before the internet. Depth finders are great but visual cues will never fail you. ( unless it is foggy)
Attachments
Chelan.jpg
Chelan.jpg (251.11 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:03 pm

stevoblue wrote:( unless it is foggy)
GPS brother.... GPS!!!!
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

stevoblue
Petty Officer

Post by stevoblue » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:13 pm

I was on chelan last year during the fourth of July. My GPS was working but my sounder was broken. ( I dont want to go back again without knowing where the mack bar is.) After the fireworks stopped the clouds rolled in and covered most of the moonlight. I had to motor back up to safety harbor I think it was at least 15 miles. It was so dark I couldnt see a thing. There are no lights uplake from 25 mile creek. You cant even see the sides of the cliffs unless you got real close. I was literally navigating blind only looking at my GPS all the way back. It was one of the dumber things I have done.