Caution---Vandalism

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
fox9068
Angler

Caution---Vandalism

Post by fox9068 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:46 pm

I was talking with some at the lake yesterday and he told me that there's been vehicle break ins at Clear Lake in Skagit County so everyone be careful, it could happen to anyone anywhere especially when you leave in your boat and they know you won't be back for awhile

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Caution---Vandalism

Post by A9 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:00 am

Theres break-ins all the time now. Happens A LOT around the rivers, because you usually park your car/rig a few hundred feet away and you gotta walk to your spot to fish so a tweaker or a thief knows that A) your a long ways away B) you can't hear your window being shattered and C) Theres usually something good left in peoples cars in plain sight so it's an easy grab for them.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:26 am

We had a break in to our car last year at Curly Creek someone wanted what we had in our car.We were on the beach Salmon fishing,and came back up to the car and instead of breaking the window,they ripped our convertable top from the drivers side to the back window but they didn't take anything maybe got spooked or just wanted to be punks and do some damage.It would of been a cheaper fix if they just broke the window.So be careful where you park,and enjoy your fishing but unfortunatley keep a cautios eye on your stuff.TIGHT LINES
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

Proverb
Warrant Officer

Post by Proverb » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:29 am

Rotary Lake has had some breaks in this summer too. An older gentlemen warned my brother and I about it when we parked to go fishing. We had nothing of valuable in his car so they left it alone thankfully.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:51 am

Beaver Lake back here in june .. Same thing .. came back to a busted window and nothing taken !! I dont leave anything in plain view to tempt anyone but i guess that doesnt matter ...I would love to catch one these punks in action someday , I have a old baseball bat that i keep in my truck and i wonder if it still works (FEEL ME!) ..BBD :rambo: :ncool: ](*,)

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:57 am

That sucks!!! A terrible sign of the times.

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:59 am

Bigbass Dez wrote:Beaver Lake back here in june .. Same thing .. came back to a busted window and nothing taken !! I dont leave anything in plain view to tempt anyone but i guess that doesnt matter ...I would love to catch one these punks in action someday , I have a old baseball bat that i keep in my truck and i wonder if it still works (FEEL ME!) ..BBD :rambo: :ncool: ](*,)
I know what you me mean,we called the cops to report for insuarnce reason.They told us this kind of thing happens alot in Kitsap county,but it's not a priority with the sherrifs department.Be cause they got other things to deal with like the meth problem,I'm pretty sure car break ins are the work of the same dope fiends they are trying to catch.See I grew down south in North Carolina so next time I'll skip the Sherriffs report and put a Down South Whoopin on em.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:27 am

We should do a stake out in some of the common break in spots and just fill up a car with all kinds of good stuff they won't be able to resist. Then when they come to do their work guess who jumps out oh yeah! Unfortunatley as much as a beat down would be nice we would be the ones to get arrested but we sure can detain them (hard) and turn them punks in!!!!
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO FISH!

EdmondsBassman AKA Jerz Jay

Jo
Petty Officer

Post by Jo » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:42 pm

It is too bad they can't put a sting in to place. I think bait cars are a big help in fighting stolen cars the same would help with tweakers at fishing spots.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”