4th of July Fishing

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
personfly18
Petty Officer

4th of July Fishing

Post by personfly18 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:53 am

Hey guys, planning on going fishing on the morning of the 4th. Either going to hit up Clear or American. Anybody know how busy these lakes get on the 4th? I was also wondering if these lakes are hot or cold right now. Open to any suggestions.

fishingboy
Commander

RE:4th of July Fishing

Post by fishingboy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:20 am

Thoses lakes should be near 67-73 degreess right now!
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

dave g
Warrant Officer

Post by dave g » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:41 am

as with any popular lake with decent facilities, you can expect them to be teeming with people looking to get out on or near the water. personally, on holidays and opening day of the regular season, i look for an out of the way place where i can actually enjoy. not really my thing dealing with crowded ramps, water skiers, etc. [scared]
fishing may not be life, but it's a great alternative

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:21 am

I suspect that both of those lakes could be quite busy but with American being a large lake,it may or may not be that noticable. Clear might be ok but again,I would just expect to see large crowds.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:34 am

I was thinking the same if I want to haul the boat on whats supposed to be a real hot (weather) outside. Im going out in Lk Wa. for sure. I hear the eastside of MI is kicking butt on perch and bass.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:39 am

I`m gonna go deal with the nut`s at the potholes this weekend:rambo: . Only time I can get the wife to go over so I have to take advantage of it.:-({|=