Bogachiel & Hoh River

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
bluebullitt2003
Petty Officer

Bogachiel & Hoh River

Post by bluebullitt2003 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:23 am

so i really need some help from you all. i know you hate to give up your favorite fishing spots, but my girlfriend and i are taking the second weekend in july off of work to go fishing on the bogachiel and hoh river. Can you believe i found a girl that loves to fish? lol its amazing, and another reason we are going over there is because she is obsessed with all that twilight garbage. but i was wondering if i could get tips from anyone on where to go. I have never been to forks, and i have never fished those rivers. i see in the regs that we can fish for kings and silvers. will they even be in the rivers then? or am i totally screwed for fishing so i will have to twilight it up all week.... any help on some roads on where to get to the rivers/fishing holes/ etc would be much appreciated. thanks a million you all :)
<*)))><

bionic_one
Captain

RE:Bogachiel & Hoh River

Post by bionic_one » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am

I'm bad at editing and I'm not typing it up again.

#-o
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lee

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:40 am

Don't forget to fish the Sol Duc as well. It is only a 10 to 20 minute drive from Forks depending on which location you want to fish.

Have you looked at a map yet? there is a hatchery right on the bogie and a fe holes down from that. The river should semmi low as long as we don't have any hard rains. You should be able to walk down the bank of the river for a little ways. If you guys don't have wadders...buy some. The same goes for the sol duc..you can walk up and dow nthe bank for a ways if the river isn't high. Pull up a map and look for launches and pick to walk up or down the river. there are tons of holes along both rivers. Bring everything with you...float gear, drifting gear and some sand shrimp and eggs.

I don't know the Hoh at all so no help there.

there is a outfitters store in Forks, they are very helpful.

On a side note....there is a pizza joint in Forks...it isn't cheap but they have some damn good pizza. the burger joint there isn't bad either.

Once you look at a map and figure out the general location on where you would like to go pm me and I should be able to give some details. I know the hoh is putting out some fish right now but jsut have never fished it........hmmm.....I might have to make that trip in a couple weeks as well.

Take a couple days and fish man....the rivers are beatiful. Whe nI was out there with donman we watch a eagle catch...well we think he caught it and eat it right on the bank accross from us. Just don't get discouraged if you catch anything right away. it is new water for you and you shouldn't go expecting to catch. jsut go and enjoy your time on the river.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:42 am

If I get the chance this week I will set up a google map for you on locations for the bogi and sol duc.

bluebullitt2003
Petty Officer

Post by bluebullitt2003 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:22 am

sweet thanks a bunch, i really appreciate that you will make a map for me. I cant wait to head up there with the girl. I think we will have a blast just enjoying the scenery out there. I will look for that hatchery and i will be sure to bring my waders. I am going to plan on mainly fishing the hoh and and the bogi, but now that you say the solduc is good.....haha now im torn if i should just go to all of them. anyways thanks for the help

scott080379 wrote:Don't forget to fish the Sol Duc as well. It is only a 10 to 20 minute drive from Forks depending on which location you want to fish.

Have you looked at a map yet? there is a hatchery right on the bogie and a fe holes down from that. The river should semmi low as long as we don't have any hard rains. You should be able to walk down the bank of the river for a little ways. If you guys don't have wadders...buy some. The same goes for the sol duc..you can walk up and dow nthe bank for a ways if the river isn't high. Pull up a map and look for launches and pick to walk up or down the river. there are tons of holes along both rivers. Bring everything with you...float gear, drifting gear and some sand shrimp and eggs.

I don't know the Hoh at all so no help there.

there is a outfitters store in Forks, they are very helpful.

On a side note....there is a pizza joint in Forks...it isn't cheap but they have some damn good pizza. the burger joint there isn't bad either.

Once you look at a map and figure out the general location on where you would like to go pm me and I should be able to give some details. I know the hoh is putting out some fish right now but jsut have never fished it........hmmm.....I might have to make that trip in a couple weeks as well.

Take a couple days and fish man....the rivers are beatiful. Whe nI was out there with donman we watch a eagle catch...well we think he caught it and eat it right on the bank accross from us. Just don't get discouraged if you catch anything right away. it is new water for you and you shouldn't go expecting to catch. jsut go and enjoy your time on the river.
<*)))><

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:02 pm

Go to all of them! :cheers:
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:43 pm

bluebullitt2003 wrote:sweet thanks a bunch, i really appreciate that you will make a map for me. I cant wait to head up there with the girl. I think we will have a blast just enjoying the scenery out there. I will look for that hatchery and i will be sure to bring my waders. I am going to plan on mainly fishing the hoh and and the bogi, but now that you say the solduc is good.....haha now im torn if i should just go to all of them. anyways thanks for the help
Here are a couple of links for fishing the area to help a little http://www.steelhead-fishing.org/WA_Calawah_River.jpg

Sol Duc reports http://www.fisheyesoup.com/fishing-repo ... c-River/1/

There are lots and lots of areas to get onto the Sol Duc like I said before look up boat launches for the river and start there. I have a couple listed on the map I am linking for you.

Just get out and fish man these are some sweet areas to fish even when you aren't catching.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... 9a73a88114

spadam98
Petty Officer

Post by spadam98 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:17 pm

also if you go to the hatchery on the bogi you can hike into the upper rearing ponds on the calawah and try to score some nice summer run steelhead they should be stacking up in there now use light gear and bobber and jig is the way to go there has been times when i could see hundreds of fish stacked up there just another idea for ya but bring waders for sure

also there is a good hole on the quillute called richwine ask around about it but also try not to fish it when the indians are netting in there they are pretty rude and will drift right over the top of your gear and cut it if the get caught up with you well good luck