who is looking forward to first ice

Brrr, it's cold outside - hey, let's go fishing!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
ice seaker
Petty Officer

who is looking forward to first ice

Post by ice seaker » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:12 am

This weekend i was sitting around the house, just mowed the lawn and figured it would be a great time to break out all the ice fishing gear and clean it up again and charge all the batteries. I must really have the ice fishing bug to be doing this on one of the only nice days around here we have had but i just needed to sit in the ice shanty and dream about catching the perfect fish.

Any one else starting to think about ice fishing yet?? or am i the only crazy person out there.

Any one buying new gear or planning new equipment? I for one am looking for an 6x6 argo or 8x8 argo for better safety going on to the lakes i go to.

I hope you all are crossing your fingers for good ice this year that way we can get on the ice early and enjoy the sound of the ice cracking and moving.

ryan2202
Warrant Officer

RE:who is looking forward to first ice

Post by ryan2202 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:54 am

I've never ice fished...wouldn't mind trying someday....no desire really right now to try it...But I love that you've started this thread as Summer begins!!!! HAHAHAHAH AWESOME!
Ryan

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:14 am

NOT ME!!! Ice sucks. Give me summer time bass fishing anyday. Image

Yes I ice fished as a kid in Michigan. :)
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Interests: living

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:54 am

I am with you.... It sucks putting away the ice gear#-o
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

ice seaker
Petty Officer

Post by ice seaker » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:25 am

COME ON i cant believe you guys and the no ice thinking. its great :scratch: As long as you forget the fact that its cold, hard to catch fish, freezing water, no girls in swim suits, hard to find lakes that freeze over, oh ya did i mention its cold.
But other than that its great and truthfully i catch more fish in the winter than i do in the summer. the trick is finding the lakes and then learning the fish and understanding that as soon as the ice comes in the fish start to react different to each lure or jig you present. but if you have a good shanty with a heater you can stay very warm and if your lucky to find the fish then its good times.
but thanks for the info and of course i hope you change your mind. if not then that just means more fishing oppertunties for me. but it shur would be good to find alot of ice fishermen on the lakes this year.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:08 am

I save my ice fishing till winter. I love going to Fish Lake.The way the weather has been we all might be ice fishing in July.Hahaha.Ive seen some great ice fishing setups. Everything from BBQs to refurbished Sanikans or Honey buckets made for fishing.People are so imaginitive.I usually rent an auger (my hand held one sux.Like AMX said I'll take cruising a lake in the 80 degree morning anytime.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:43 pm

I was just looking at my gear for ice fishing last night as i had to move the stuff. Got me to thinking what I'll use this next winter AND will I have ICE over my spots. for the short time I had to fish around yakima I caught alot of fish in the short amount of total time fish'd. But this year has been really good to me as far as number of decent panfish caught per hours of fishing, so I guess I can wait till the fall weather comes when I'll be then getting ready for some good fun.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:01 pm

$%^&&%, Ice fisher,, dude... I know you are, "The Ice fisher" but man,, it's only June. Most of us are still waiting for the real summer months for our summer bass etc, to wake up. I encourage you to try the warmwater fisheries. :-" :-"

On a side note... It must be hard to be in Tacoma and have an Ice Fishing Jones! I too am here.... we are a long ways from any Ice.:rendeer: I give you the reindeer for hopes of ice soon!
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Kfedka
Commander

Post by Kfedka » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:16 am

I haven't had enough of summer fishing to even think about ice fishing. But ice fishing sure was a blast this last winter.

Jay K
Warrant Officer

Post by Jay K » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:45 pm

Thought I'd be doing some kayak fishing, but I get seasick... sucks... I miss ice fishing... badly... I'm with you man... bring on the ice...

LakeAngler
Angler

Post by LakeAngler » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:24 pm

I'm ready for the ice! Hopefully I'll have my FL-22 vex by first ice.
See you on the Water!

IceFishingReports.com

ice seaker
Petty Officer

Post by ice seaker » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:52 am

thats what im talking about some die hards who cant get enough of the ice. well we are now only about 4 minths until early ice up high so bring it on. i heard that this year is going to be a colder year than last year so if that comes tru we should have better ice all over the place.

every day i get on this website and ice shanty.com to read adn dream about next ice. DOES THAT MAKE ME ADDICTED? any way have a great end to your summers and have possitive thoughts about ICE.