Pike tourny

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bill G
Petty Officer

Pike tourny

Post by Bill G » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:34 am

So, how did everyone do? Was the fish fry good? I was tempted to come over just for that.
I'm not in the toilet yet, but I'm definitely standing on the rim.

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Pike tourny

Post by YJ Guide Service » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:33 pm

Lets just say next time we need to have 2 people with the permits lol. We had to cancel the tourney because our permits never made it over ,but the 6 boats that fished for fun lets just say didnt do all that good except for colton who is 14yrs old and caught 7 fish which included the biggest at 8lbs. The fish fry was great and the company was even better, we had lots of great food. I want to thank everyone at Chapter 57 for everything the weekend was great. We had the pleasure of fishing with Doug who caught a 30 inch Pike. Way to go Doug. Thanks Brett your probley going to hear from Colton about this lol!!!!!!!
YJ Guide Service 509-999-0717

Official WashingtonLakes.com Guide Sponsor
YJ Guide Service Guide/Owner
Jerry's Lure Design Field Staff

We fish for Sturgeon, Chinook Salmon, Walleye, Burbot, Tiger Muskie, Rainbow Trout, Channel Cats and Largemouth Bass

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:23 pm

That stinks the fishing wasn't better. At least you guys got to fish a bit. The fishing isn't much better here in Wisconsin thus far. I have only had 1/2 an hour dipping lines so far....
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies
http://www.mountainmuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:15 pm

I would like to apologize to everyone that went to the P.O. River to have a little competitive fun and win a little money from your fellow anglers. Work was brutal the week proceeding the tournament which I ended up having to cancel my vacation day on Friday. So we decided to leave at 11pm Friday to be at the boat launch by 5am on Saturday but while en route, my fishing partner received a phone call from his wife that she was in the emergency room and there is a possibility that she might have their baby. Her due date is at the end of July first part of August, so it was premature to say the least and we turned back right at the Columbia River Bridge to get him to the Airport by 7am. If I could have been there I would, and our Secretary and Doug could attest to that for as many times as I called them throughout the day. I am at least glad every boat caught some fish. A little change up from catching muskie. If there are pictures of that 8lb fish, I sure would like to see them. Again sorry guys, but family (my buddy's family) comes first. Definitely lessons learned.

#-o

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Yes, our fearless leader, Lucius, had a medical emergency and while being enroute that morning, had to turn back. A tough call, (especially for HIM, being a pike fanatic) but the right one; family comes 1st no matter what. We carried on and even though we had to cancel the official tournament, each angler could free fish if they so chose. The moon was right and the reward was 19 pike. 8 small ones were kept and brought in for the evening meal: an old fashioned fish fry complete with deep fried tempura pike, onion blossoms and French fries, which were all topped off by Mo Mo’s homemade strawberry rhubarb pies. Great day! -- water temp ranged from 55 degrees in Campbell slough at 6:30 a.m. to 68.1 degrees in the slough by the RV Campground at 3PM. Temps in the 70's and light breeze from the south. River was running high and fast, so that many pike were a nice surprise.
Got to fish for the first time with official Chapter #60 members ; what a great bunch they are – looking forward to more get-to-gethers!!

(I moved the pictures to their own post)
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:18 pm

Its ok Lucius its all good and family does come first and being a Pike finatic myself i understand the dissapointment of not being able to go fish Pike. Hopefully you'll make it over here soon to try your luck. Hopefully the fishing picks up soon since its very slow right now. Doug you need to take a little you time and go fish fo Muskies buddy lol....
YJ Guide Service 509-999-0717

Official WashingtonLakes.com Guide Sponsor
YJ Guide Service Guide/Owner
Jerry's Lure Design Field Staff

We fish for Sturgeon, Chinook Salmon, Walleye, Burbot, Tiger Muskie, Rainbow Trout, Channel Cats and Largemouth Bass

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:37 pm

Tuesday all day I will be on the Apple River. One of my old stomping grounds! Glad to hear everyone had fun even though there wasn't an 'official' tourney. I'm sure there was some great eatin' after the line dried.

Craig, I have started a list of possible names for our new chapter! Been checking for domain names as well for the web site. Did you have any suggestions yet? I will check the domains on each I think of, so we will know right away if we can get the name or not.
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:38 pm

Nice picture Colton!!!
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies

sparky1doug
Lieutenant

Post by sparky1doug » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:45 am

Even with the slow fishing and Buddy (no show) I had a great time!! The fishing was ok but the friends and food made it all worth the trip. How fortunate are we to have a club with so many fisherman who get it. It isn't always about catching fish, its being out there on the water enjoying friendships, making new ones and passing it on the the kids. Buddy I know it was killing you to not be there, Special thanks the Dowdys who rescued me and made my trip, heck I'll be back if its only for the pie, Mel. Good luck and good fishing!
"Forever Fishing Washington State" my fish friendly blog on Google.
http://foreverfishing-sparky1doug.blogspot.com/

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:52 am

Doug. wish more people in this world got it that it isn't all about catching, but rather being out there! Glad to see you had a good time! I wish I could have been there. Next one!
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies

bad esox
Lieutenant

Post by bad esox » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Bill G. and Doug:

I will keep this short and simple....It was great! Every part about it! Good times...wish you could have been there my friends...next time:)
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>----):< A good gamefish is too valuable, to be caught only once.
NW TIGER PAC, Chapter 57 of Muskies, Inc.