Mean Greenie?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
spokey9
Captain

Mean Greenie?

Post by spokey9 » Mon May 31, 2010 6:27 am

A couple buddies and i are planning on hitting the green on opening day for steelies. I haven't fished it to much other than in the fall for salmon, so i'm not sure how far up the river we should be heading. Any ideas on where some fish might at??
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

nickbell
Commander

RE:Mean Greenie?

Post by nickbell » Mon May 31, 2010 9:13 am

Try flaming geyser park. I hear that is a great place. I might be going there to fly fish for trout.

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:09 am

Check the regs to make sure what areas are open and what restrictions there are. There are lots of great holes on the green to hit. Flaming geyser has some good holes. Also right when you come off the 18 there are ots of great holes in that area as well. The river has changed alot in that area now with this winter. The few holes I fished for coho last year are no longer there as they have been blown out. There are still great holes in the park though, the best thing to do is park and walk up or down river and jsut work it. Bring gear for float, drift and spoon fishing. You never know what is going to work.

Good luck and post up your report once you go.

Knox
Petty Officer

Post by Knox » Mon May 31, 2010 7:00 pm

When does the season open?

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Mon May 31, 2010 7:34 pm

This Saturday it opens for trout and steelies.
More fish please!

Knox
Petty Officer

Post by Knox » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:25 pm

I checked the Washington Fish and wildlife Sportfishing Regulation Pamphlet online, but it didn't say when it opened.

Thanks for the info :salut:

nickbell
Commander

Post by nickbell » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Flaming Geyser opens this saturday, I hear it gets quite a few people swimming in it on summer days, but i wouldnt worry about it because it wont be that warm this weekend and i expect the water will still be pretty high for swimming, but OK for fishing.

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:17 pm

As far as I can tell, the whole river opens to trout and steelhead this saturday. The salmon season on it is a little bit trickier. Lower river opens for salmon Sept. 1st. Upper sections don't open until Oct. 1st, Oct. 16th and Nov. 1st. Of course, check the regs for specifics. Looks like it should be a good summer season. Bring on the chrome!!!
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:59 am

i have never seen or caught a fish at flaming guyser. it seems like most success is further down stream, or further upstream. I have heard of great salmon success further up, and i know people were killing them last year further down.

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:16 pm

I might be heading out to my little honey hole this Saturday

Curtis
Angler

Post by Curtis » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:54 am

Dustin07 wrote:i have never seen or caught a fish at flaming guyser. it seems like most success is further down stream, or further upstream. I have heard of great salmon success further up, and i know people were killing them last year further down.
I've caught tons of fish on the upper river. Oh wait, you mean bigger than 6" don't you? ;-)

Curtis