Cooper Lake Question RE: Motors

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
blackfoot
Petty Officer

Cooper Lake Question RE: Motors

Post by blackfoot » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:59 pm

Does anyone know if you can use electric motors on Cooper Lake. Not in regs. Thanks

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Cooper Lake Question RE: Motors

Post by Bodofish » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:28 pm

I'm pretty sure electric is cool anywhere. It's the intermitten comustion engines they scoff at.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:21 am

Bodofish wrote:I'm pretty sure electric is cool anywhere. It's the intermitten comustion engines they scoff at.
I know there are some lakes that will not allow even electric motors but I am not sure on this lake. Are you refering to the Cooper Lake above Salmon La Sac in Kittitas County?

blackfoot
Petty Officer

Post by blackfoot » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:22 am

Thanks fellas for responding! Yes it's the Cooper Lake above Salmon La Sac. Do you know, the sign poted there is not clear. The lake would be bear to fish w/o a trolling motor because of sudden wind that comes up ther. Let me yknow if you can.Thanks

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:35 am

The only signs I've seen anywhere, restrict "internal combustion engines" Out at cooper lake you could probably run a drag boat and never get caught. That's a long way out a dusty road. I've only seen tubes and canoes on the lake so be prepaired to carry any boat you bring. Never seen a launch just a wide spot in the trees but then I wasn't trying to launch either.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:46 pm

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:53 pm

Ok, hear is a better link. No motors at all are allowed.

http://www.kittitasfieldandstream.org/fishinglakes.html

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:31 pm

Oh so right! straight from the county code.

MOTOR BOATS PROHIBITED ON COOPER LAKE

Sections
9.16.010 Violation.
9.16.020 Motor boat defined.

9.16.010 Violation.
It is unlawful and a violation of this chapter to operate any motor boat or aircraft of any type on Cooper Lake located in Township 22 North, Range 13 East, Kittitas County, Washington. (Ord. 99-09, 1999; Ord. 63-1 § 1, Vol. M, p. 517, 1963).

9.16.020 Motor boat defined.
For the purpose of this chapter a "motor boat" means a boat equipped with either an inboard motor or an outboard motor or a boat which has in the boat an outboard motor even though it may be temporarily detached from the boat and shall include both gasoline and electrically operated motors. (Ord. 99-09, 1999; Ord. 63-1 § 2, Vol. M, p. 517, 1963).

blackfoot
Petty Officer

Post by blackfoot » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:27 am

Thanks fellas for your help! Another stupid law : i guess we need to be controlled some more by the people who are serving us. A Freeman.