Photos during spawn

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
nickbell
Commander

RE:Photos during spawn

Post by nickbell » Mon May 24, 2010 5:29 pm

spindog wrote:
nickbell wrote:Well, i havent caught a bass at all, and i am struggling to catch my first one. I go out every saturday and sunday, fishing at places like american lake, ward (pierce county) waughop, spanaway lake, with things like senkos, tubes, spinnerbaits, jigs, swimbaits, even live nightcrawlers, but not even one bite. I cant get a single bass to bite right now, and i know its probably because of the spawn.
What areas on these lakes are you targeting?
Well, iv been targeting structure like fallen logs, over-hanging branches, weeds, i have found beds and put lures like senkos, spinnerbaits, tubes, right in front of the fish's face!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Mon May 24, 2010 5:57 pm

gpc wrote:Ok I am not a big bass fishermen, but 2 Fridays ago I found myself on Trout lake trying for some bass. The temp was 70-71 and the surface temp was 70-74. We did some sight fishing and my buddy pulled a 2lber off a bed CPR of coarse. But we also noticed 2 different age groups of bass fry. They were pretty close to the same age, but one set was bigger than the other. What does this mean? I am not trying to stir the pot, just a bass rookie looking for some answers.
2 reasons for the fry being different sizes.

1] they are probably a week or two weeks seperated from hatching, and between the different batches being spawned.

2] different genes from the different mothers and fathers. The bigger fry might be from parents that are geneticely bigger.
Tom.

Interests: living

Shadow Caster
Petty Officer

Post by Shadow Caster » Mon May 24, 2010 9:06 pm

And so the thread diverts to yet another topic!!!!! I'm just waiting for the first photo to be thrown up on this post so it can be the new

trophy/where are you fishing/when do bass spawn/photos during spawn thread.

Please add more people......

FishTank
Petty Officer

Post by FishTank » Tue May 25, 2010 8:06 am

nickbell wrote:
spindog wrote:
nickbell wrote:Well, i havent caught a bass at all, and i am struggling to catch my first one. I go out every saturday and sunday, fishing at places like american lake, ward (pierce county) waughop, spanaway lake, with things like senkos, tubes, spinnerbaits, jigs, swimbaits, even live nightcrawlers, but not even one bite. I cant get a single bass to bite right now, and i know its probably because of the spawn.
What areas on these lakes are you targeting?
Well, iv been targeting structure like fallen logs, over-hanging branches, weeds, i have found beds and put lures like senkos, spinnerbaits, tubes, right in front of the fish's face!
It's hard for me to imagine the spawn has been going on for that many weeks... in full swing. I imagine you've tried fishing the shallows. Seems like you'd at least luck into a bass or two.

It's tough, but keep at it. My first trip out was rough: cold, windy, and rainy. Second and third trip only yielded one bass each trip. Then this past weekend my luck changed a little. My buddy and I boated five bass. Things are just warming up over here on the East side.

It's all about finding the right spot. The spawn doesn't help matters... of course.
Donny - Software Engineer

It's time to catch bass and chew bubble gum, guys... and I'm all out of gum