WashingtonLakes.com BBQ and FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
bassackwards
Commander

RE:WashingtonLakes.com BBQ and FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

Post by bassackwards » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:14 pm

I'm in!!!!!

Fishinislife...I'll give you a call on Monday to work out the details of what you want me to do. As of now, I'll be bringing Mrs. Bassackwards and my three baby bass with me.

Sounds like I'm in charge of the prizes / gifts and things like that. If anyone has any leads / ideas, PM me. I'm gonna be making a few gag gifts for the "winners" and the "losers" (no such thing).

Sounds like a good time. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Jon
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:52 am

I have requested the day off from work and I'm 90% sure I will get the day off so put me down as coming.Woohoo! I will not commit to bringing anything till I get the official day off. Is there anything in particular that you know you will need for sure? looking forward to a day hanging with fellow fishermen!:cheers:
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO FISH!

EdmondsBassman AKA Jerz Jay

Fish-or-man?
Commander

Post by Fish-or-man? » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:19 am

There's a slim chance I can make it. I'll be able to accurately RSVP in about two weeks!

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:13 pm

Without getting toooo technical with this tourney, just wondering what the guidelines are gonna be. I'd like to see it as more of a "meet and greet / BBQ" than an actual tourney, but I'll leave that up to the majority vote.

If we DO want to put some rules to it, we should keep it fun. Just a few ideas: (granted, I don't have ANY bass tourney experience what so ever)....

1. Highest weight (4 fish)
2) Biggest Fish
3) Best Average (4 fish)
4) Smallest Fish
5) Lowest Average (4 fish)

We should turn the prizes on their head, meaning, the smallest fish gets the biggest prize, and so on.

Thoughts??

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:25 pm

No tourney, just a fun fishing get together. We can talk about putting a tourney together in the near future at the bbq. I didn't want to have to buy the permit and there is not enough time to really put on a good tourney.
There may be a little side pot between anglers, but I'll let that go down at the lake. :-"
There will be prizes given out for various things so you will have a chance to walk away with something. I am going to make this as much fun as possible. It will be something you won't want to miss.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:00 pm

everyone, please be mindful to have a fishing tournement you need the proper WDFW paperwork. Like fishinslife said, WL.com is not putting on a fishing tournement. This event is a member initiated BBQ for socializing and friendship only. Aaron and I don't mind everyone getting together but this is not an "official" WL.com event. Aaron and I both need to look into liability issues when things become officially organized. Thanks for your understanding!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:17 pm

so if i lose my eye in an unfortunate BBQ accident i can't sue you because it's not an "official" WL.com event? DANG!!! #-o

:albino:

if i can make it my dad will be there as well.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fish-or-man?
Commander

Post by Fish-or-man? » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:41 pm

Good call Mike; however, I'm afraid your last post gave me mental anguish. Time to make the WL.com legal defense team work for their money!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Judge Wapner
Petty Officer

Post by Judge Wapner » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:23 pm

Your WashingtonLakes.com legal defense is right here.
I will always rule in favor of WashingtonLakes.com

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:26 pm

Judge Wapner wrote:Your WashingtonLakes.com legal defense is right here.
LMAO...

That's pretty bleeping funny. The sad thing is...now you gotta be Judge Wapner for the rest of your WL.com life.

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:31 pm

So what's the deal?? Is everyone showing up early to fish and then around noon start burning food? I think the family may trail behind a few hours if "serious" fishing is gonna happen. I usually end up being the official worm guy and line un-tangle-er when I'm fishing with the kids...I wouldn't trade it for the biggest bass in WA though.

I too am "shore bound" so unless someone's got room on their boat, I'll be the bald guy on the shore throwing my arm out trying to go deeeeeeep.

Yes, that is a shameless cry for a ride. LOL

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:53 pm

Judge Wapner wrote:Your WashingtonLakes.com legal defense is right here.
LOL
No way!
Cool. We have legal representation now. So are you going to make it to the bbq Judge?

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fish-or-man?
Commander

Post by Fish-or-man? » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:34 pm

E-gads! I withdraw my plea if it's not too late (WL.com may get some kind of huge reverse settlement)!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:55 pm

where's that eye-rolling Smiley?

#-o

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:08 am

(Joe Cries).... I'm not going to be able to make it for that. My schedual is pretty much set in stone, and that Saturday, I wouldn't get out of work until two, which means it would be well after five before I could make it over to the West Side. So, everyone have some good BBQ for me. I'll be thinkin' of y'all.
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:09 am

Fish-or-man? wrote:E-gads! I withdraw my plea if it's not too late (WL.com may get some kind of huge reverse settlement)!

Not sure if you guys are aware of the "BASS MAFIA" but it works like this ..TONY Is not the guy to play around with . all i know is that anglers who break the rules end up with broken knee caps , and those who continue to disrespect "Sleep with the Fish" ..Dont make them upset guys, it's not a pretty site .. just a rumor, MAYBE !!!!lol .... BBD :-$ :pirat:

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:39 pm

I looked into getting a covered area today and they're are all reseverd since late April. So we will be gathering at a radom table with grill in the park. No worries. There is plenty of room. Now we are just looking for someone to bring a big barbie.

fishnislife

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:54 pm

fishnislife wrote:I looked into getting a covered area today and they're are all reseverd since late April. So we will be gathering at a radom table with grill in the park. No worries. There is plenty of room. Now we are just looking for someone to bring a big barbie.

fishnislife
I was out there today checking out the "lay of the land"...it looks REALLY nice. Plenty of tables in the shade, nice big play area for the kiddos, tennis courts and tons of dock to fish from if you wish. The boat lauch looks pretty organized as well. Good access, plenty of parking, etc.

Just to clarify, we're talking about SOUTH BEACH, not the North end (canoe launch). It's the first left as you enter the park. If you're GPS'ing it, it's officially called Gene Coulon Memorial Park, if anyone needs directions, PM me. It's pretty easy. Just head for the big Boeing hangar, Exit 5 off the 405 Fwy.

I took some pictures that I will post later on tonight. Should be a good day. I might get stuck at the kiddy park most of the day, not too many bass over there #-o

I'll throw my BBQ in the mix. It's nothing fancy...but it's very experienced at burning burgers and dogs.

Jon

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:23 pm

bassackwards wrote:
fishnislife wrote:I looked into getting a covered area today and they're are all reseverd since late April. So we will be gathering at a radom table with grill in the park. No worries. There is plenty of room. Now we are just looking for someone to bring a big barbie.

fishnislife
I was out there today checking out the "lay of the land"...it looks REALLY nice. Plenty of tables in the shade, nice big play area for the kiddos, tennis courts and tons of dock to fish from if you wish. The boat lauch looks pretty organized as well. Good access, plenty of parking, etc.

Just to clarify, we're talking about SOUTH BEACH, not the North end (canoe launch). It's the first left as you enter the park. If you're GPS'ing it, it's officially called Gene Coulon Memorial Park, if anyone needs directions, PM me. It's pretty easy. Just head for the big Boeing hangar, Exit 5 off the 405 Fwy.

I took some pictures that I will post later on tonight. Should be a good day. I might get stuck at the kiddy park most of the day, not too many bass over there #-o

I'll throw my BBQ in the mix. It's nothing fancy...but it's very experienced at burning burgers and dogs.

Jon

YES !! WE GOT FIRE !! THANKS MAN !! :chef:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:52 pm

Here are a few pictures of "Gene Coulon Memorial Park" where we're having the BBQ
Attachments
Park5.jpg
Park5.jpg (365.13 KiB) Viewed 2098 times
Park4.jpg
Park4.jpg (301.86 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
Park3.jpg
Park3.jpg (274.56 KiB) Viewed 2096 times
Park2.jpg
Park2.jpg (364.06 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
Park1.jpg
Park1.jpg (333.34 KiB) Viewed 2118 times

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”