Memeorial Day Weekend?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
gpc
Admiral

Memeorial Day Weekend?

Post by gpc » Tue May 11, 2010 10:50 am

I know we are a couple weeks away but whats the plans for everyone?

I will be staying on the Columbia but doing most of my fishing in the Potholes. Trying to redeem myself from my last walleye outing.Lind Coulee will probably be first on the list. Until the speed boats come out to play.
Almost impossible not to give the bass a shot as well. Panfish of coarse. Then followed up by some nice beer drinkin and sucker/NPM/carp fishen at dusk on the Columbia.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Memeorial Day Weekend?

Post by Amx » Tue May 11, 2010 10:52 am

Sleeping, staying at home away from all the traffic.
Tom.

Interests: living

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Tue May 11, 2010 11:07 am

Think I might head over to twin lakes in Ferry County for a little LMB and trout action and head over to Roosevelt for Walleye and maybe give some effort to a kokanee while I am there.

I love that are of the state, so much opportunity!
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Tue May 11, 2010 12:16 pm

Sounds like a good time gpc. I had every intention of fishing. I am being dragged kicking and screaming to "She and Him" concert with my honey in Bend,Ore that weekend. Unbelievable. #-o :-& :-({|= :-#
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 11, 2010 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."

kcc
Warrant Officer

Post by kcc » Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Im heading to Alta lake by Pateros. Been dragging my kids there every year for 23 years. This will probably be my last, Son deploys again on June 1st and my girl is out of school now. Love it there, anyone can catch fish, and the weather is usually nice, plus its close to Rufus Woods.

CRW
Petty Officer

Post by CRW » Tue May 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Matt wrote:

To bad you have to leave Whatcom Co. to get any opportunity. [cursing]

FishingFool
Captain

Post by FishingFool » Tue May 11, 2010 3:58 pm

Going to Steamboat after Memorial weekend to avoid the madness.

nickbell
Commander

Post by nickbell » Tue May 11, 2010 4:02 pm

I think i might try american lake for perch. Since the water is warming up the perch are starting to bite more. Or i might try for flounder at point defiance.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Tue May 11, 2010 5:14 pm

AMX nailed it I`m staying home also. Gonna hit a few lakes for bass around here and leave the open road to all you crazy fisherman :) . To many people on the roads for me. Plus I haven`t had very good experiences camping on memorial weekend.

eightballsaul
Petty Officer

Post by eightballsaul » Tue May 11, 2010 8:45 pm

I gotta take the horses over to Naches. Which means I can't take the boat anywhere unless I can find a way to stuff it in the horse trailer with my 2 horses. Gotta split the recreational duties with my better half. We get to take the boat (GOOD TIMES) to Banks in June.

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:56 pm

jens wrote:Sounds like a good time gpc. I had every intention of fishing. I am being dragged kicking and screaming to "She and Him" concert with my honey in Bend,Ore that weekend. Unbelievable. #-o :-& :-({|= :-#
OUCH!!! It's alright bro, I'll catch some fish for ya! Not sure where I'll end up yet but I'll be gettin' a line wet somewhere.
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Wed May 12, 2010 5:50 am

salmonslayer117 wrote:
jens wrote:Sounds like a good time gpc. I had every intention of fishing. I am being dragged kicking and screaming to "She and Him" concert with my honey in Bend,Ore that weekend. Unbelievable. #-o :-& :-({|= :-#
OUCH!!! It's alright bro, I'll catch some fish for ya! Not sure where I'll end up yet but I'll be gettin' a line wet somewhere.
lolol yea oooouch poor guy.....he hardly EVER gets to go fish'n

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed May 12, 2010 5:56 am

CRW wrote:
Matt wrote:

To bad you have to leave Whatcom Co. to get any opportunity. [cursing]
So not true!!!! I lived in Bellingham for 6 years but recently relocated for a job in Snohomish. There are some great lakes and good seasons on the Nooksack and GREAT saltwater fishing, PM me if you are interested in more details. I know plenty of places to catch Bass, Trout, Perch, Kokanee, Cutthroat, Salmon (all species), Bottomfish (lings, rockfish, cabezon, greenling, flounder), Channel Catfish ALL OF THEM located in Whatcom county within reasonable driving distances of Bellingham!
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

lonnie197272
Warrant Officer

Post by lonnie197272 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:50 am

I am going to walk out my back door drop the boat in Moses Lake and catch a few eyes and smallies then get off the lake before it gets crazy!!!!

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed May 12, 2010 8:06 am

'OL GREY DOG wrote:
salmonslayer117 wrote:
lolol yea oooouch poor guy.....he hardly EVER gets to go fish'n
Ok, so my honey tells me, "Hey babe, I want to go to a concert Memorial Weekend with my BFF and her daughter and I want to take baby..."

Of course my mind goes crazy thinking about fishing all weekend and fishing all weekend, no kids, and fishing all weekend, no responsibilities and fishing all weekend..:cheers:

Then just the other day she calls me at work to tell me that her stupid BFF invites her now boy toy to go to the concert with them and thinks I should go too..

Yep. #-o :-# :-({|= :eye:

I know for a fact though, there will be a bunch of eye candy to keep my mind off how many fish you guys are catching. :bounce:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 12, 2010 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."

crappiemaster
Lieutenant

Post by crappiemaster » Wed May 12, 2010 8:16 am

I am going to work the Columbia from Paterson to Crow Butte. Should have a trolling motor on the bow of my Bayliner by then. Heard of a way to do it and convert a family boat to a fishing boat. I am PUMPED!!!

jbball50
Commander

Post by jbball50 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:33 am

Going down onto the Columbia River and fishing for sturgeon for 2 days.

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:46 am

kcc wrote: This will probably be my last, Son deploys again on June 1st and my girl is out of school now. Love it there, anyone can catch fish, and the weather is usually nice, plus its close to Rufus Woods.
hey ya never know. I'm 27 now and Just went to chelan with my old man a couple weekends ago. We are counting down the days till my son is old enough to enjoy a fishing trip with us.

Hats off to your son, God bless and be safe. My brother got home last year.

hanapaa808
Warrant Officer

Post by hanapaa808 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:30 pm

jens, i heard it was your idea to go to te concert..... lol nah, only joking

blurock
Warrant Officer

Post by blurock » Wed May 12, 2010 10:55 pm

I fished Roosevelt last year for memorial day/long weekend camping trip with the family.
Caught a bunch of bass, and a 22" bow! Uncle managed to catch a pretty good eye and his own big bow, bout the same size as mine. I was amazed at the lack of crowds over there during the holiday weekend! They were all on Banks and Chelan
Fish Like A Girl