NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
jake_k
Warrant Officer

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by jake_k » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:55 pm

Hey my name is Jake
Im 17
been fishing ever since i could remember
I will fish where there are fish
I live in Seattle near haller lake
i would just like to mention i will go fishing with any body as long as they are not creepers
Ps I can identify most fish just from a picture so if your are ever confused just send me the picture
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:09 pm

Welcome aboard Jake. If you live near Haller... then you must know Bitter. If you are shore bound I can give you a tip on Bitter. 99% of the public access at Bitter is of course along the ball field/park area. But if you go to the N. side of the lake... you will have to access it by one of the streets (not sure which one exactly,, use Google maps) you can find a street that dead ends about 20' from the waters edge. There is enough room for one person to fish from there. I believe that this is where the WDFW planter truck drops the fish in. So, don't know if you fish for stocked trout or not, but this exact spot was hot about a week ago with every pass on trolling.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

jake_k
Warrant Officer

Post by jake_k » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:29 pm

ok thanks for the advice how did u launch a boat there

OKfisherman
Angler

Post by OKfisherman » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:29 am

Howdy all:

My name's Rob; I'm originally from Miami, OK. I've been in the NW for a while, and haven't quite had the opportunity to fish like I want or used to. I'm in the Army; been in the military for almost 17 years (Army and Marine Corps), and I am a hair's breadth from retirement and fishing for my paycheck...

I joined the site to gain some insight on these "smart" fish; the fish in the Midwest are significantly dumber than a wily trout or salmon, and I've had some difficulty. My style of fishing used to be a lawn chair, catfish bait, and the adult beverage of choice. I haven't had much luck with that tactic here; figured I'd ask the guys in the trenches "what they're hittin." After reading the lake and river reports, I'm a little more comfortable with the techniques that the fish "up here" seem to be attracted to.

I've got a 14 foot camo johnboat with a 9.9 hp Yamaha tiller; figured that should be more than enough for all but the bigger lakes (doubles as a duck boat). I'm looking forward to getting out there this season and hopefully meeting some of you. Best of luck to everyone this season; hopefully i won't get skunked again this year...
"Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he forgets about eating..."
-Unknown

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:32 am

Okfisherman, welcome aboard!! Send a PM [personal message] to any one of us for any specific details concerning specific lakes.
Have a good fishing season!
Cast first, worry later.

grubinit
Petty Officer

Post by grubinit » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Hello my name is Mark
I live in lewis county and have most of my life. I have been fishing for anything that swims for 38 years now and love it now more than when I started. About 12 years ago my then neighbor took me out bass fishing for the first time. I always thought of them as junk fish and waste of time, now I am the President of Lewis County Bass Club and hopelesly addicted.
My favorite places to fish bass would be Riffe Lake and the Columbia River. I have and will fish most any place at least once.
If anyone wants to know about waters around Lewis County or our club let me know I like to talk fishing almost as much as going.
Other than bass I have caught about everything in our state, some by mistake, but still caught them. I can't think of one that I don't enjoy either.
I just found out about this site and so far I think it's great.

Keep your tip up and your line tight,
Mark
Get the net!

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Welcome Rob and Mark...hope you guys enjoy this great site...and look forward to your contributions! [woot]

Boba
Petty Officer

Post by Boba » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Bob A From Post Falls Idaho, I just found this great site. Looking to take the boat out soon. Going to try Liberty Lake and a few more on the Washington side. I fish alot at Priest lake for macks. Bob Anderson

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Boba wrote:Bob A From Post Falls Idaho, I just found this great site. Looking to take the boat out soon. Going to try Liberty Lake and a few more on the Washington side. I fish alot at Priest lake for macks. Bob Anderson
Looking forward to your posts Bob.

ingi
Warrant Officer

Post by ingi » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:33 pm

Name Ingi
Age 24
Location pullman,wa for school home is lake stevens
Hobbies homework
What You Do im one of those rotten commercial fisherman in bristol bay, AK
Favorite Species To Fish For largemouth bass but I love fishing in general
Where You Fish The Most a little pond called stitch pond which is south of Lake stevens about a quarter mile....but i have been tinkering around here and there around pullman
How Long You Have Been Fishing I have always loved to fish.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing fishing in the gulf of mexico for red snapper or salmon in the sound with my uncle
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing up in alaska working or in pullman doing homework
Your Favorite Picture.... my dad with a enormous halibut
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-s ... 5_9096.jpg
or me with a largemouth
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 3027_n.jpg

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:57 am

Welcome to the site Ingi! Hope you find yourself at home here! Your dad's halibut is HUGE!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

ingi
Warrant Officer

Post by ingi » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:28 pm

thank you, thats over a hundred lbs heavier than the alaska record for sport fishing, it was caught on a long liner, there were 5 other hooks on the line that were straightened out with the bait gone, so they think there were even bigger fish in the area they were, but thought you guys would appreciate a big fish.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:39 pm

panfisher wrote:
Boba wrote:Bob A From Post Falls Idaho, I just found this great site. Looking to take the boat out soon. Going to try Liberty Lake and a few more on the Washington side. I fish alot at Priest lake for macks. Bob Anderson
Looking forward to your posts Bob.
Welcome, Send us lots of ID reports!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:41 pm

ingihuswick@hotmail.com wrote:Name Ingi
Your Favorite Picture.... my dad with a enormous halibut
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-s ... 5_9096.jpg
or me with a largemouth
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 3027_n.jpg
:cyclopsan WOW!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

FishTank
Petty Officer

Post by FishTank » Thu May 20, 2010 9:27 am

Figure I can play along.

Hi, my name is Don. I'm 27 and do a lot of my fishing in the Spokane area. Been living in the NW for about the past decade, but I only recently got into fishing around here. I fish for bass. I might occasionally target other fish. I'm still learning the ropes around here, though. Fishing in the NW is a rather unique experience... one that offers some fun challenges if you're not used to the geology or climatology of the region!

Like some others have stated, I came to the site looking for information. Just in the short time I've been visiting WL.com, I've fallen in love with the site. Been lurking around here for a year or so.

Any way, if you're ever out on one of the dozens of wonderful lakes in this area, you stand a very good chance of running across me. I like to fish... ... a lot.

As always, practice being kind and courteous to those around you. And always practice catch and release with bass. We wanna give some of those southern states a run for their money on the state records list!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 20, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donny - Software Engineer

It's time to catch bass and chew bubble gum, guys... and I'm all out of gum

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu May 20, 2010 11:02 am

Welcome all newcommers to the site.Ifin any of you need help adding extra pounds to your fish story just ask me. I have the talent of making my fish way bigger then they really are..
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

masterbaiter6
Angler

Post by masterbaiter6 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Hello, my name is Jesse and i live in Spokane. I fishing and hunting and try to get out as much as possible. I have been fishing most my life but i still have a lot to learn. I am headed out to Liberty for the first time tomorrow so we will see how that goes. Thanks and good luck fishing.

fishnut
Angler

Post by fishnut » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:49 pm

Hello to all fishnuts. My name is Rich and I live in Marysville about 5 minutes from Lake Cassidy. I'm a 58 yr old fishaholic who was raised trout fishing but have mainly Steelheaded and salmon fished in both rivers and the salt. Also love bottomfishing for Lings,etc. Have recently got the bug to fish from a sit on top kayak and own 2. Bass fishing is new to me and there's a ton for me to learn. Any help or on the water traing would be greatly appreciated. Have also done well from my yak for Kok's on Lk Stevens.

Pogue
Petty Officer

Post by Pogue » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:17 am

Name - Rob Jackson
Age - 40
Location - Brier
Hobbies - Hunting Mule Deer, Salmon fishing, Art, Building fishing lures
What You Do - Write contract specifications
Favorite Species To Fish For - Salmon
Where You Fish The Most - Puget Sound
How Long You Have Been Fishing - As long as I can remember
How You Got Introduced To Fishing - On family camping trips (small rainbows on tiny streams)
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing - Work, Art, and more recently building wooden plugs (its a blast)!!!

I just saw this post this morning. I joined about a week ago.

Maybe you should add a line for how you found this site. I found it completely by accident by doing an internet search (I don't even remember what I was looking for).
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

dizbuster
Angler

Post by dizbuster » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:26 pm

Name: james norman
Hobbies: Fishing, Camping, Hunting
What You Do: Currently a full time student, a little volunteer work as well.
Favorite Species To Fish For: Steelhead, Trout
Where You Fish The Most: Clear Lake, Yakima County
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Forever
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Runs in the family
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Raise two daughters, go to class,

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”