BARRY BONDS HITS #756!!!!!

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
iPodrodder
Commodore

BARRY BONDS HITS #756!!!!!

Post by iPodrodder » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:02 pm

Thoughts?

bassackwards
Commander

RE:BARRY BONDS HITS #756!!!!!

Post by bassackwards » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:06 pm

Barry's a cheater and OJ is a Murderer....

I have better things to do besides watch a cheater who makes over $700K PER GAME, hit "cream" aided homers.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:08 pm

Ok, here we go. Bonds 0, Roids 1.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:21 pm

I think he is a great athlete and one of the best sluggers of the game.
Steroids can't improve your hand eye cordination or give you the skills to be an athlete.
I heard a study once that said that steroids could increase your strength and to a homerun hitter it might only give you 8-10ft on your distance.
Now, no one has proven he has used "steroids" and he hasn't admitted it. Granted he is taking something that has increased his power and bulked him up a lot. Plus the enhanced workouts that most MLB players go through now compared to back in the day. But everyone in the game is doing this. Look at who he hit the 755 homer against. That pitcher was caught before using steroids.
I agree that it is unfair to use something that is illegal in sports. But with the way people feel about Barry I would think someone could come up with hard evidence if he was being illegal.
I think in 20 years we will be talking about Barry Bonds as the greatest baseball player ever and all the bad stuff will wash away. He will become a legend and only the great stuff will be remembered.

And yes, OJ is a murderer.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:22 pm

Bonds 1, Roids 1. By the way fishinislife, Bonds did take steroids, thats hard proof. He's saying he did not take them knowingly.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:27 pm

Bonds 1, Roids 1
OJ is a murderer 2

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dbaker
Petty Officer

Post by dbaker » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:26 am

Barry is a cheater. He won't hold this record for long though. Arod will destroy this record. Unfortunately I HATE Arod. I wish Griffey had stayed healthy. This record could have been his.

8-10 ft can be a huge difference on a fly ball. Any ball hit to the warning track before steroids would be a home run with it.

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:46 am

high5

:king:

ima huge baseball fan, and breaking the record has made me watch baseball again. after the strike, it wasnt really the same

yea bonds, the most feared batter of all time
.: Half Man Half Amazing :.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 201 HDSV
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

Paul & Sammi
Petty Officer

Post by Paul & Sammi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:08 am

iPodrodder wrote:Bonds 1, Roids 1. By the way fishinislife, Bonds did take steroids, thats hard proof. He's saying he did not take them knowingly.
His "record" means 0 to me. He cheats. Period.
If I found out someone had been drugging me "unknowingly" and jeopardized my health, my career, my reputation, etc... I would be after those people with everything I had! I don't see that happening.
Hitting a ball with a stick never really impressed me anyhow. Catching a big fish on a stick is a different story. lol

dbaker
Petty Officer

Post by dbaker » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:17 pm

hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports.

All I want is some Mariner highlights. Sportscenter dedicated the whole hour to Barry Freaking Bonds. And FSN sucks so I'm hosed.

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:08 pm

dbaker wrote:hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports.

All I want is some Mariner highlights. Sportscenter dedicated the whole hour to Barry Freaking Bonds. And FSN sucks so I'm hosed.
I respectfully disagree...

Try skating on ice going 15-20 mph and then stop....try and shoot a puck past a guy wearing oversized padding while 200+ lb men with sticks are trying to stop you (i.e. clean your clock).

Hitting a baseball is about 3rd or 4th on the list...I only speak of it from SEVERAL high level years of experience in both baseball and hockey.

Congrat BARR-ROID!!! Now retire and go away!!! Jose Canseco needs a golfing buddy.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:14 pm

I don't have time to watch sports anymore but I was wondering if any of you know what kind of outrageous price that home run ball will bring on E-Bay? Just curious.

dbaker
Petty Officer

Post by dbaker » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:53 pm

I've heard 50-100k for the ball. If I were that guy I would sell it ASAP. You never know when solid proof will come out that Bonds cheated. Once that happens the ball will be worthless.

Bassackwards- I understand considering hockey more difficult. I don't understand how those guy don't break their ankles. (Go Americans) But, I have a hard time thinking of anything else that could even be considered. and when I say hitting a baseball, I mean successfully. I'm pretty sure that I could make contact but getting a base hit is another thing. Michael Jordan one of the worlds greatest athletes couldn't do it successfully.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:14 pm

Bonds 2, Roids 4, OJ is a murderer 3 (hey, I count too).

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:02 pm

I'm more concerned with the water temperature of the North Fork of the Coeur d' Alene River and the St. Joe River in Idaho. I don't want to sound callous but "I don't care" about Barry Bonds.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:39 pm

He did it alright, but it'll always be "Barry Bonds hits 756*.... *under suspision of doping" It's a record, but it's tainted.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:52 pm

Okay, it looks like the voting is closing up. Bonds 2, Roids 5, OJ is a murderer 3 (hundred).

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:28 pm

I don't know about the rest of you but I believe that sports stars should be allowed to use roids. I feel it would make the games that much better and more worth my money to see a better game, and if they want to screw up their bodies, well thats their choice. I do however think that if they do make some sort of accomplishment in the Hall of Fame or whatever there should be an * next to their name indicating that they were helped along by a drug. Anyone agree?

dbaker
Petty Officer

Post by dbaker » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:07 am

the only problem with that is that steroids are illegal in every state. No way can you get an exemption for pro athletes. Also you would put the players who don't want to us Roid's at a significant advantage. It certainly would not be fair to go about the game the right way and be punished for it. You would force them to make a health choice they should not have to make.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:52 am

mallard83 wrote:I don't know about the rest of you but I believe that sports stars should be allowed to use roids. I feel it would make the games that much better and more worth my money to see a better game, and if they want to screw up their bodies, well thats their choice. I do however think that if they do make some sort of accomplishment in the Hall of Fame or whatever there should be an * next to their name indicating that they were helped along by a drug. Anyone agree?
Um, I'd rather not have my 13 year old feel like the only way he could reach his dreams was to dope up. Of course, he is already seeing that the level of play required to reach any type of professional baseball is extremely difficult. But it was fun to hear him talk about being a baseball player when he was younger...

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".