Diamond lake

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
kevin07
Petty Officer

Diamond lake

Post by kevin07 » Thu May 03, 2007 10:14 pm

We are going up to Diamond lake this weekend, any advice on fishing this lake, new to washington.

Also is there any campground at the lake, or RV parks?

jmay
Lieutenant

RE:Diamond lake

Post by jmay » Fri May 04, 2007 8:54 am

I hit diamond opening day. Only suceess was on a oragne wedding ring tipped with a warm with no weight. Caught several planters in the 10 inch frame. I saw a couple of guys pull out some huge triplods. I don't not of any camping in the area adjactent to the lake, but there is pently of camping north of Newport

Palmer
Warrant Officer

Post by Palmer » Wed May 23, 2007 4:46 pm

Andy at the Pend Oreille Valley Sportsmans shop in Newport advised me to use fly spinners that look like rooster tails. They're supposed to be good for catching trips. I prefer a large red wedding ring behind ford fender. Browns seem to hit the fire tiger flat fish in this area.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tug's the Drug

Palmer
Warrant Officer

Post by Palmer » Wed May 23, 2007 4:50 pm

I'll be in Priest River this weekend and I may go to Diamond, Pend Oreille River, and Priest. I really would like to try for a 10# pike.
Tug's the Drug

glastron876
Petty Officer

Post by glastron876 » Fri May 25, 2007 11:34 am

Been to Diamond a couple of times - no dock at the launch, sort of rocky, what we did was launch the boat, then pulled the boat up on the shore to the LEFT of the launch (looking out on the lake from the road) - a bit sandier there.

We fished at the South end ( to the left of the launch) down by the weed beds w/ worm & marshmallow, power bait, etc (off bottom) and had some luck. Also trolled with the larger wedding rigs (red) - also rooster tails w/ larger flasher. Did alright with that as well.

There are a couple of good spots accrossed the lake towards the south end - think there is a Scout Camp of some type there.

I tried fishing from the shore a couple times also, possible to lose your lures/tackle due to the drop/ledge out off the shore if not careful.

Don't know of any camping there. Mostly residential along the lake shores.

Good Luck & enjoy the weekend.
"Give someone a fish and they eat for a day. Teach someone to fish and you get rid of them for the whole weekend"