Carrot Stix

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Carrot Stix

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:00 am

Does anyone have or use Carrot Stix to fish with?

Whay do you think about them vs other brands? Im looking at Extra Heavy/Extra Fast rods.

Thanks
Rich

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Carrot Stix

Post by Bodofish » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:57 am

They look pretty cool but they're so short...... You'd think they were making them to catch small fish. :-" Just josh'in, I wonder what "Bio Fiber" is? We used to use glass as a buffer for the carbon or boron fibers to make it more durable so I'm guessing that's what they're doing with "Bio Fiber" (sounds like something you eat when you're all plugged up :-& ). The color is special! Don't plan on sneaking up on any fish. Let me know if you get you hands on one the proof in in the feel.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Livin4Fishin
Petty Officer

Post by Livin4Fishin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:12 pm

I just picked up a 21 carrot gold 7ft medium-moderate. I have only had a chance to take it out once so far but caught myself about a 6 lb bass on it. I loved the feel of the rod. It has great feel at the tip and enough backbone to yard that bass in. Still havien't tried throwing all i can at the rod to see how she responds but what i have seen so far I am really impressed. By no means is my opinion a professional one so take what you will from it. Good luck and tight lines.
Have a son and you'll have a fishin partner for life.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:23 am

Right on. Thanks for the input.

We saw an XH 7 ft last time we looked at them and it would make nice Musky rod. We have a couple places were looking at poles this next week. Already have the reel picked out.

I'll let you know what we get.