April 1st renewal?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

April 1st renewal?

Post by soulfishhawk » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 am

Just was wondering if we are required to buy a new fishing license as of April 1st, or is it by the last Saturday of the month? I was thinking we are required as of April 1 to get our fresh and/or salt licenses renewed on April 1.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:April 1st renewal?

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:49 am

April 1st it is... of course you can buy it any time before that.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

Post by soulfishhawk » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:10 am

Thanks bro', I figured as much. Looking forward to filling up the freezer again this year:chef:

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:49 am

If you buy it online through the WDFW website, you can instantly print a temp license, and the real thing shows up in the mail a few days later.
Lee

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:55 pm

You can buy it at anytime after about Feb. and I think even earlier. You can also buy it in Sept, Nov. or Feb. or March. Of course it'll only be good until the end of March if you buy it in the middle of March and buy one that expires March 31st. so you can go fishing in March. As in buy itday, go fishing tomorrow, it'll expire March 31st. If you buy it today for the time period of April 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011 you can't go fishing until April 1st.
Tom.

Interests: living

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:16 pm

Remember to check out this years aditions to your licence.Like to fish tribs off the Columbia or the two rod fishing program.Dont just assume you will have all those included. Just a tip!!!Good luck filling your freezer.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Actually, if you buy a 2010 license online through WDFW, you get a temporary 10 day license, that says it's valid for 10 days, no matter what date you purchased it, and provides a starting time (for example, mine was 3/26/10, 08:09:06) So it's Valid for the days in March that are technically part of the 2009 year, and the 2010 license will come in the mail.
Lee

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:58 pm

this year is going to be pricey. 2 pole option for full season too. I didn' get it last year because it wasn't validated until late in the season.

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:06 pm

I just paid out $50.50 for the freshwater/2 pole license.have to catch twice as much this year.

Kfisherman
Petty Officer

Post by Kfisherman » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:42 pm

$50.00 bucks for me too. I got the two pole endorsement...

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:07 am

$75.00 Combo w/ Crab and the two pole endorsement for me, bought it today which paled in comparison to the 250$ anchor setup I bought for the boat, lol. Can't ever seem to get out of holiday sports without spending 300 bucks #-o I decided to hold off on the CR endorsement for now.... gunna hold off till the day before I get in the truck headed for the Cow lol. Luckily I turned in my crab card too or they'da tacked on an additional 10$ on top of all of that. Fishing is more expensive than any drug habit, and twice as addictive.... although 10 times as satisfying :)

Tight lines.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:33 am

I parted with $84.45 for my renewal at Holiday yesterday also.
Breakdown as follows:

46.20 Combo License
2.50 PS Crab Endorsement
8.25 Columbia Tribs Endorsement
24.00 Two Pole Endorsement
3.50 Dealer Fee
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teal101
Warrant Officer

Post by Teal101 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:51 am

$26.00 for just the freshwater license yesterday...

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:53 am

Yup, I got mine yesterday too. Now to wait for sunny and WARM weather.
Tom.

Interests: living

mallard433
Petty Officer

Post by mallard433 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:30 pm

20cbucks for an extra pole is too much just to use two poles your limit stays the same you dont get more fish

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Yep $89 for the works and a jar of the NEW Pautzkie Power Bait

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:08 pm

mallard433 wrote:20cbucks for an extra pole is too much just to use two poles your limit stays the same you dont get more fish
exactly.

I stuck with the basics: one combo license. Pretty much covers everything I will do in a course of a year (lake/river fishing in the puget sound area--no columbia tribs; and covers: saltwater fishing, and crabbing/clamming on the coast instead of puget sound).

Cost me $48

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:47 am

Shad_Eating_Grin wrote:
mallard433 wrote:20cbucks for an extra pole is too much just to use two poles your limit stays the same you dont get more fish
exactly.

I stuck with the basics: one combo license. Pretty much covers everything I will do in a course of a year (lake/river fishing in the puget sound area--no columbia tribs]
True, but you west siders are paying just as much, and more, as those of us on the east side with just a fresh water license and 2-pole permit. :-" Granted, limits don't change, but when I drive 150 miles or more round trip to fish, I like having the option to use more than one rod at a time to get more "offerings" out and cover more water to find what's working. It's not about increasing the number of fish one can catch, rather, improving the on-water experience and chances for success. :cheers:
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:45 am

hewesfisher wrote:
Shad_Eating_Grin wrote:
exactly.

I stuck with the basics: one combo license. Pretty much covers everything I will do in a course of a year (lake/river fishing in the puget sound area--no columbia tribs]
True, but you west siders are paying just as much, and more, as those of us on the east side with just a fresh water license and 2-pole permit. :-" Granted, limits don't change, but when I drive 150 miles or more round trip to fish, I like having the option to use more than one rod at a time to get more "offerings" out and cover more water to find what's working. It's not about increasing the number of fish one can catch, rather, improving the on-water experience and chances for success. :cheers:
I’m in Hewes’ boat and I’ll give an example as to why. Just a couple of weeks ago when I was at Rufus...the 'plan' was to catch my limit of trips, then head to a predominantly wally area and at least catch a few of them. Of course what ‘really happened’ was that it took me most of the day to get the trips and never got a chance to fish for the wallys. The same thing happened up on Roosevelt for silvers, trout and wallys that weekend. After driving 200 miles (one-way) I would have paid $50, just for that one weekend, to be able to expand my offerings in order to be able to zero in on what they wanted faster, and possibly come home w/ more fish. Of course this is no gurantee of anything, but I at least want the opportunity of increasing my chances of putting more meat in the freezer. That’s why I recently included the 2nd rod endorsement to my license package as I still have 3 more trips planned for the Eastside this spring. The thing is it’s totally a personal decision, not a right or wrong thing, for each person to decide for themselves. :geek:

mallard433
Petty Officer

Post by mallard433 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:55 am

i am not saying its bad but i am not out trolling for koks every trip so 20 buck to plunk for trout on a small lake when you have to fight to keep them of your line is not wort it maybe10 bucks but the only whay i would pay 20 bucks if i could use it in salt water and the point i was making a bout catching more fish was a info coment i dont care about more limits i catch and release any ways i just think it to much for what it is