Kayak

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
linxx77
Angler

Kayak

Post by linxx77 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:57 pm

I'm looking for a Kayak with one of those fishing pole holders. I'm not looking for anything fancy, mostly because I'm poor! I'd just like something to go out onto the lake with. Maybe I'd even go for someone's old float tube? Those things are a trip! Thanks guys and gals.

R.

Bscman
Warrant Officer

RE:Kayak

Post by Bscman » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:26 pm

FWIW, you can mount a typical rod holder to most-any kayak or canoe.
Also, the "flush mount" type rod-holders can be found at most kayak/boating supply shops--so don't get too hung up if you can't find a kayak with a rod holder....any of them can be outfitted for $10-20.

Not sure of your budget, but joes has some small (8-9ft) perception's for under $400 quite often...small, sit-inside type kayaks that aren't exactly "speedy" but they work well for small lake fishing.

Also keep in mind they make trolling motor brackets for canoes.......:-"

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:34 pm

You can pick up great used tubes on WFF.com or Craigslist or Ebay. I bought my tube from a place in Oregon (no sales tax and no shipping charge :). You would probably love tubing!! It's not that expensive...one could do it for around $150.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:49 pm

kutthroatkilla wrote:You can pick up great used tubes on WFF.com or Craigslist or Ebay. I bought my tube from a place in Oregon (no sales tax and no shipping charge :). You would probably love tubing!! It's not that expensive...one could do it for around $150.
And then if you got a tube, you could join the bass fishing tube club that is recently forming through members of walakes.com
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

linxx77
Angler

Post by linxx77 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:03 am

hey thanks for all the info everyone! I'll look into the tubes, joining the club sounds very interesting.