Mercury Props

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
hewesfisher
Admiral

Mercury Props

Post by hewesfisher » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:38 am

Have two props to sell.

Prop #1 is 15 x 17p Mercury Black Max I purchased new. Other than bolting to my engine and running for no more than 30mins, you couldn't tell it wasn't new in the box. Comes with Flo-Torq II hub kit and new, unused thrust washer/prop nut. Prop was not right for my application. $150 plus shipping, prop will be shipped in original Merc box and outer box (double boxed) as shipped to me.
overall.jpg
Prop #2 is a nice, used 14 x 19p Mercury Vengeance. I bought as a "new take off" with seller claiming a scrape on two blades. I could only find a scrape on one blade, looks more like a scratch to me. This prop ran true with no vibrations at all and I ran it maybe 2hrs total, but just was not right for my application (WOT too low). Prop comes with Flo-Torq II hub kit. $175 plus shipping and prop will be shipped in same box as shipped to me.
overview.jpg
propblade.jpg
Please send zip code for shipping quote.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

hewesfisher
Admiral

Re: Mercury Props

Post by hewesfisher » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:21 am

ttt
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System

GravityRoller
Angler

Post by GravityRoller » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:00 pm

Blade angles and cups (the trailing edge of the blades) can be modified or tuned to adjust the performance of the prop based on the specifics of the application.

You may (probably) already knew this, but I just wanted to comment as buying props is both time consuming and expensive ...

If you "think" you know what you are looking for (after what appears to be some previous testing), let me know.
I have a few props that are not currently being used that I would consider selling, trading, bartering with you.
I need to get them listed ..., but I've always kinda considered them money in the bank :-)

Regards,
Christopher
No Honey, that's always been on my boat ...

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:25 am

Thanks Christopher. Yes, I know props can be modified but want to reserve that option for the right prop if necessary. Not really interested in barter or trade, just want to sell these two. My engine is sporting a brand new Enertia that should solve all my problems. If that prop needs tweaking, it will be done by Performance Propeller in Spokane. [wink]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System