por fella needs a boat

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
Rthr_B_Fishn
Petty Officer

por fella needs a boat

Post by Rthr_B_Fishn » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:01 pm

Hiya guys, well looks like i need a 12-15 foot alum rower,, i dont care about beauty thats what my gf is for. i do care about safety, im no gazzillionaire but 500 bucks is bout rite anyone have a tip on a good 1 ive been prowlin CL for months but im new to boating and dont realy know the first thing about boats or motors,, lol heck i dont even swim but bet your life your boy wears flotation diveces! TY guys in advance.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:por fella needs a boat

Post by A9 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:00 pm

Keep working on Craigslist. Those boats are hard to come by so your gonna wanna regularly check craigslist. Several times a day. Good luck though, hope you get the right boat for your fishing needs
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:53 am

Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:02 am

"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:44 am

that's the one. thanks still trying to figure this link thing out.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

Rthr_B_Fishn
Petty Officer

Post by Rthr_B_Fishn » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:14 pm

Thanks for the help guys its great to know yall look out for one an other :):batman: ::brilsmurf :thumleft:

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:34 pm

what part of the state do u live in
KEEP UR LINE TIGHT SO U CAN FEEL THE BITE!!!!!

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:14 pm

Travis,
You can look at the people (edit: profile on the left side there) and it will tell you there location FYI. His is Tacoma so thte west side of the state...
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:36 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:Travis,
You can look at the people and it will tell you there location FYI. His is Tacoma so thte west side of the state...
Sam, I knew I should have put Bellevue too!! LOL!
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:59 pm

fishnislife wrote:
Sam Kafelafish wrote:Travis,
You can look at the people and it will tell you there location FYI. His is Tacoma so thte west side of the state...
Sam, I knew I should have put Bellevue too!! LOL!
What?

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:05 am

[/quote]

What?[/quote]

What? So he wasn't payin' attention, take it easy buddy! FYI
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:07 am

I was being nice I didnt mean it in a mean way at all. I just told him in a nice way. I didn't mean for anyone to interpret it that I said it in a mean way. Not at all...

Not really sure how I could have worded it any differently to be nicer....

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:11 am

Whats going on fishnislife?
You always finish your posts with your signature "fishnislife" at the end of your post? All done with it or what?

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:34 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:Whats going on fishnislife?
You always finish your posts with your signature "fishnislife" at the end of your post? All done with it or what?
He only does that for regular replies, when he's bustin someones balls, he leaves it off. That way you know your balls have been busted....

Is that a bad "forum" word??? I meant golf balls :-"
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:17 pm

He just had a lot of un-fishnislife like posts last night that way too...

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:39 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:He just had a lot of un-fishnislife like posts last night that way too...
Let's call it "Signature Watch". We can closely analyze his posts to see what he means. :-S

:safe: out.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:57 pm

Hey guys, sorry for the last posts. I actually haven't posted for a couple days. I logged on to a buddies computer on Friday night and I am still logged on everytime he goes to this website. I apologize for any posts that are out of line. I have told him how to delete his cookies and to please stop the madness. If he wishes to devolge who he is you guys all know him. He was just having some fun at my expense. I'm glad you guys can actually tell the difference between someone else posting for me and it being me. Good looking out guys. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

fishnislife

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:14 pm

fishnislife wrote:Hey guys, sorry for the last posts. I actually haven't posted for a couple days. I logged on to a buddies computer on Friday night and I am still logged on everytime he goes to this website. I apologize for any posts that are out of line. I have told him how to delete his cookies and to please stop the madness. If he wishes to devolge who he is you guys all know him. He was just having some fun at my expense. I'm glad you guys can actually tell the difference between someone else posting for me and it being me. Good looking out guys. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

fishnislife
Behavior like that will get you...I mean, your buddy...oh crap, your buddy playing the part of you at his house signed on as you....#-o #-o

You guys all have me nervous now. If I ever put my name at the bottom of any of my posts OR...if I start sounding REALLY educated, using proper english, PLEASE SEND HELP....IT'S NOT ME....LOL

Glad YOU are back "Fishin"

Tell your buddy to sign up and join the family, a friend of yours is a friend of ours :thumright
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:50 pm

Sad thing is he is part of our WL.com family, and pretty well known. Ohh well. I learned my lesson.

Sorry Rthr_B_Fishn for twisting your thread. I apologize.

But as far as finding the boat your looking for, CL is one way to go. Other than that all I can suggest is to drive around and look for boats in peoples yards. If you have the money in hand you can try and make a deal with the owner. If it looks like it is lonely and hasn't seen the water a while, I'm sure the owner would listen to your purposal. A good place to start driving around is near lake communities, docks and launches. Good luck.

fishnislife

Fish-or-man?
Commander

Post by Fish-or-man? » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:23 pm

Rthr_B_Fishn, do you have a flat bed to strap it into and haul it in? Here's a link from 2good2toss.com for a free 12 foot aluminum boat that's currently in Tacoma (but it has no trailer).

I work for the Department of Ecology's Solid Waste Program, and many of us have to take turns manning the "Recycling Hotline" (that's 1-800-RECYCLE, if you ever need to know who takes what recyclables in your area). I actually talked to this guy because he was calling in to recycle the aforementioned boat because it's aluminum. He said it's totally safe to take on the water, but isn't the prettiest boat in the world. So I told him to put it on 2good2toss.com and craigslist before he sent it to the scrapyard. If you don't need a trailer, or can find a trailer for under $500 to haul it around in, this may be worth pursuing. I think you'd need to register for 2good2toss.com to contact him (but that's free). And I forgot to ask if he had a title (although I'm not sure if you need a title for a 12-footer or not?).

Here's the boat link.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.