WTB - Sabiki Rod

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
hawkoath
Petty Officer

WTB - Sabiki Rod

Post by hawkoath » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:27 pm

Anyone have a Sabiki Rod they are willing to sell?

goonatic
Commander

Re: WTB - Sabiki Rod

Post by goonatic » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:27 pm

honestly i wouldnt bother wasting money on a sabiki rod, yes they are conveniant to store the sabiki rigs in between uses but they generally are not very good rods themselves. theyre usually a bit stiff and not very sensitive. id personally just use a 7ft or 7'6 med action rod, and to store the sabiki i just wrap it around a section of pool noodle and or put it in a pvc pipe long enough to hold it and stick it in my fishing backpack. cuz i kinda like using a a light bass rod with a 3/4oz weight and feeling the baitfish tap and it and all that. just my 2 cents

hawkoath
Petty Officer

Re: WTB - Sabiki Rod

Post by hawkoath » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:00 pm

Definitely agree with you there. I have used exactly your suggested setup before though the rod can be anywhere from 6'6" to 8'6" for me. Any medium power or lighter rod has worked really well for me.

However, the places I fish in are no longer my place of solitude and I have had up to 20 people (a couple of parties of families) join me in what used to be places that no one really fished except me and a very few locals. The issue for me and the main reason for getting a Sabiki Rod is safety. There are starting to be more kids around and I'm starting to get a little more forgetful (I'm not old by any means but every passing year...). I feel spending a few extra dollars now is worth it if it can even prevent one unnecessary injury.

So hopefully someone out there has a sabiki rod they aren't using and is willing to sell.