Salmon Baitcaster setup for sale

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
Primevci
Petty Officer

Salmon Baitcaster setup for sale

Post by Primevci » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Well i tried over and over with my bait caster setup and i just suck at it... i love the gear but just cant use it and after buying my wife a new pole and spining reel i want the same so what i have for sale is a... would also trade for a spinning reel setup

pflueger trion with left handed retrieval

Buzz Ramsey IM8 10-20lb 8'6" rod

will get pics if someone is interested i would like to get about $150 for the setup so i can just go buy what i want... It also has 30lb power pro Hi-vis yellow on it just put on a week ago the setup is about 4 months old and looks bran new... im just tired of bird nests... SHoot me a PM willing to haggle a little...would also trade for a spinning reel setup

mav186
Commander

RE:Salmon Baitcaster setup for sale

Post by mav186 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:19 am

EDIT: Noted left hand retrieve
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

yentb
Angler

Post by yentb » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:38 am

thanks

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:06 am

Primevci - I hate to see anyone put down a bait caster in favor of a spinning reel. There are a few adjustments that need to be made to a bait caster that will greatly reduce the chance of creating a bird's nest. Have a look a the pics below. I'm not sure if your reel is identical, it doesn't really matter if it isn't as they all have similar controls. The red arrow pointing to the knurled knob is for the spool tension. If it is not adjusted properly, you are going to have all kinds of trouble until you are an expert on thumbing the reel. The best way to adjust it is as follows:

1) center the cast control disc
2) rig up with your spoon, spinner or other terminal tackle
3) crank up the rig to the tip of your rod and hold it about 4 feet off the ground
4) release the spool and allow the rig to drop to the floor (have your thumb at the ready to clamp down on the spool just in case)
5) adjust the spool tension so that the rig drops slowly to the floor and that the spool stops turning within one revolution after the rig/weight makes contact with the floor.

Once you have this adjusted, cast the rig a short distance and adjust the cast control disc as necessary. It is important to note that if you change the weight of your rig by a good margin, you should repeat the above mentioned process. The spool tension knob is just that, it adjusts the tension on the spool to make it easier or harder to turn. The cast control disc is there to help prevent the spool from turning faster than the line is going out while the gear is in the air. Start out with short lob casts from the side of your body and stay away from the over your head/shoulder casts which will most certainly lead to bird's nests if not properly performed. If confident that with a little bit of practice and a properly setup real, you will find that a bait caster is as enjoyable to fish with as any spinning reel.
Attachments
Spool_Control.JPG
Spool_Control.JPG (27.87 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
Cast_Control.JPG
Cast_Control.JPG (23.9 KiB) Viewed 2426 times

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:06 am

I have the same reel and I'm with Gman in not giving up on it. There is nothing like having the power of a baitcaster in your hands when you're battling salmon. His advice is excellent, but if you're like me, some things are just better taught with someone's help.

I can help you learn to use this reel. Mine has been tested against the brutish chum and big bass and has never failed. It is on par with the old green curado in every category except one. Its only weakness is that it won't perform well tossing weights less than 1/4 oz in strong wind. When you practice, use at least 1/2 oz. This will dramatically shorten your learning curve.

I hope you keep it. I offer you my help. I can get you familiar with such that you will get it down in less than 20 minutes, guaranteed. Stay strong. :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rob G.
Warrant Officer

Post by Rob G. » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:55 am

I will Buy it TODAY! PM me your # Let's talk!

yentb
Angler

Post by yentb » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:57 am

?????????????????????????? ????????? ?????????????????? ?????????????????
???????? ???? ??????????? ???????? ???????CMS????????? ??????????
???CMS??????????????CMS ????????????????? ??? ??????? (<::>) “Hoang Yen” Welcome to us!

coretron22
Warrant Officer

Post by coretron22 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:44 am

yentb said what I was gonna say...

Edit by Big D... yentb is a spammer and he's gone.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.