Three small lakes off the beaten path (not secret)

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Three small lakes off the beaten path (not secret)

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Mon May 28, 2007 9:31 am

Here's three lakes for those wishing to explore but still not get too far from the road. Over by George, just as I-90 flattens out from driving over the Columbia there's an exit named Silica Road. Take that exit and go under the freeway to the north side. There's a gate in with ponds on either side, don't know if the gate is locked or unlocked these days.

Anyways there's 3 lakes back in there, furtherest one is maybe 1.5 miles from the paved road that hold good sized trout. They are named if one gets the right map to look at.

Used to be a person could drive right to the first lake and the second two were a short hike.

Years ago befor the time of triploids they used to put out big trout. Story was they would get muddy tasting as the season warmed up. I never knew as I never kept any.

beerman1981
Commander

RE:Three small lakes off the beaten path (not secret)

Post by beerman1981 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:19 pm

The name of the most southern of these lakes is "Hillton Lake," and the one just north of that is "cabin lake" (it's the smallest of the three. I don't know the name of the most norther of these lakes.

Here's a radar picture of them:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll= ... &z=14&om=1

Joe
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!