Zipperlip lake worth raving about?

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Zipperlip lake worth raving about?

Post by A9 » Fri May 11, 2007 1:12 am

Lets hear you brag like a real fishermen should about your special "secret" lake..You don't need to tell where it is, just talk about some of those lunkers and great fish you get, or what not...Lets hear how good some of these lakes are to you guys...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

raffensg64
Commander

RE:Zipperlip lake worth raving about?

Post by raffensg64 » Fri May 11, 2007 8:11 am

A partner of mine located this gem for us a few years back. He'd heard a rumor of a small lake hidden away in the mountains that contained trout, 3.5 miles from the nearest road. Lots of rattlesnakes (yeah, that's no joke). He knew the general area, problem is none of our maps showed a lake! The search was on.....I thought he was chasing ghosts! But two weeks later he found it. Off we went with packs filled with float tubes and gear, through snake-infested territory. And yes, it contains trout, lots of em! Not overly large fish, but beautiful, mostly unfished 14-16" rainbows. Our results? Three of us caught and released over 100 in one trip. On slow trips we only manage 60-70 fish!

Will be heading there in the next week or so before it gets too warm and the snakes get stupid! Will post a report.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 11, 2007 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Fri May 11, 2007 9:46 am

20 bluegill between 1lb and just under 2lb from one of the potholes. Caught in a bout 2 feet of water on an all white mini micro jig

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Sun May 13, 2007 2:12 pm

I've got a little gem I fish frequently in Adams County. So far this year we have pulled out several 3-4 pound largemouth/ smallmouth, and countless 2-3 pounders. I also caught this beautifull 21 inch brown trout. I've never experienced fishing like this! Since pictures are worth a million words, here are some pictures.

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 15, 2007 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sun May 13, 2007 7:55 pm

That lake is all too familiar beerman. But dont worry I wont tell a sole

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Wed May 30, 2007 7:25 pm

One of my favorite zipper lips to fish has 8 different species of fish. Largemouth bass, crappie, bluegill, pumpkinseeds, yellow perch, rainbow trout, cutthroat trout, and the occasional squaw fish. The best fishing is for crappie which average 8-12'' and I catch roughly 20 every time I go. Bass fishing is alright for fish from 1-3lbs. But if ever everything else fails (which is rare) I can always toss on a bobber and worm and catch litterally hundreds of bluegill and pumpkinseeds. This is definatly not my favorite big fish zipper lip lake but is my most relaxing as there is rarely another soul to be found fishing here so my fishing partners and I can sit back with a case of beer and fish in peace and quiet.