Secret bass lakes

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Secret bass lakes

Post by A9 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:44 am

Anyone got any secret bass lakes that warm up a little earlier then most lakes? I'm planning on hitting a few of mine in the coming weeks. They have been known to push out bass a few weeks before other lakes become productive....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

cavdad45
Commodore

RE:Secret bass lakes

Post by cavdad45 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:04 am

Yeah, I got one that I will be hitting next weekend. It is less than 50 acres, dark water (which retains heat and warms up faster), with a nice orientation so that the NW corner is ledged with a couple breaklines from deep sanctuary to spawning flats. It's in Oregon and gets passsed by thousands of drivers everyday along I-5.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am

Careful cavdad you might be giving it up right now....

The bodies I will be fishing are about an acre or less. One is about 2 acres...Darn small but I've caught a handful over 5 lbs in one of the lakes (my fav early season lake) and a lot of 3-4 lbers...

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:08 am

Mine is so obvious, but no one really fishes it much. And I have only seen 3 or 4 other people even use a boat in the last couple years.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:38 pm

That'll be one of my first spots too Sam. I know the bass are there, but I have yet to catch one pushing 20 inches. Did catch a few 18 inchers though. I'll have the whole season to fish it this year, last year I only it it in fall a few times.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:57 pm

iPodrodder wrote:That'll be one of my first spots too Sam. I know the bass are there, but I have yet to catch one pushing 20 inches. Did catch a few 18 inchers though. I'll have the whole season to fish it this year, last year I only it it in fall a few times.
Nah that's not the one I'm talking about...I actually completely forgot about that. That ones probably closer to 5-6 acres...Good shallow lake and grubs fished weightless in March seem to do the trick :-$

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:42 pm

Ahhhh. Are they close in proximity?

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:53 pm

i am planning to fish a small secret bass lake very soon, probably in 2 weeks at most. it is maybe an acre big and warms up fast.

no one fishes this lake and there are some large bass in it.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:20 pm

iPodrodder wrote:Ahhhh. Are they close in proximity?
Negative. 30 mins away.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:24 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:
Negative. 30 mins away.
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:25 am

iPodrodder wrote:
Sam Kafelafish wrote:
Negative. 30 mins away.
And I've caught a bunch of 3lb+ bass and a few 5lbers...Just to rub it in!
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:
iPodrodder wrote:
Sam Kafelafish wrote: Negative. 30 mins away.
One more and I'm going to hunt you down.:batman: 8-[

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

(you know I'm kidding right? I've seen all the other blowups on the internet about stupid things like this)
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:14 pm

iPodrodder wrote:
Sam Kafelafish wrote:
iPodrodder wrote: ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
One more and I'm going to hunt you down.:batman: 8-[

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

(you know I'm kidding right? I've seen all the other blowups on the internet about stupid things like this)
LOL. I let you in on that one lake. Good luck getting me to spill this one out to you!=p~

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:10 pm

I used to fish a private bass lake up near the Granite falls area.I have no clue to the name of it.It had some humongus bass in it.I went with Chubby and Tubby .79 plastic worms and my fishing bud had 250.00 in bass gear.I was catching every cast it seemed like and he got mad at me for gloating on my cheap tackle.Anyone know what lake it might be? i just left this guy a message to let me know.If I find out I'll let you all know.Its all C&R though.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:22 pm

racfish wrote:I used to fish a private bass lake up near the Granite falls area.I have no clue to the name of it.It had some humongus bass in it.I went with Chubby and Tubby .79 plastic worms and my fishing bud had 250.00 in bass gear.I was catching every cast it seemed like and he got mad at me for gloating on my cheap tackle.Anyone know what lake it might be? i just left this guy a message to let me know.If I find out I'll let you all know.Its all C&R though.
Rainbow Lake?? North from the center of Granite Falls?

Menzel lake which is south of Granite Falls?

I used to fish Rainbow about 20 years ago and might drive back up for a "look see".

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:34 pm

ipod rodder i know he lake u are talking about and last year i pulled a 22 inch 5 pound bass out of there and there are also an abundence of perch and pumpkinseed if u cast out a worm and bobber i bring my raft out there sometimes and do pretty well
shot me a pm if u want to hit it up together sometime

fishunt83
Warrant Officer

Post by fishunt83 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:52 pm

Its a secret but yes I know of a lake thats on a property thats going to have houses built in 2012...but we hike our butts back there a couple times a week to check it out. Nothing ever to big...but with the right pole and the right amount of beer, you can have lots of fun!
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:34 pm

Hey Sam, you gotta let me tag along to one of those lakes. I have a rediculous amount of tackle, and I'll let you use some of it for sure lol. In all seriousness, sounds like alot of fun. I have a few secret lakes I fish, nothing super productive.
aka Powerworm

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:15 am

ChrisB wrote:Hey Sam, you gotta let me tag along to one of those lakes. I have a rediculous amount of tackle, and I'll let you use some of it for sure lol. In all seriousness, sounds like alot of fun. I have a few secret lakes I fish, nothing super productive.
I'm willing to let some of the regulars here on the site come along, as long as it's kept a secret after I show em the spot....

VooDuuChild
Warrant Officer

Post by VooDuuChild » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:20 am

I mostly only fish my secret spots, but don't stop for the rain and cold. In mid january my Alpine Puddle was totally frozen over, but I crashed through it in the canoe to nab a bass and a decent crappie. In my trout puddle just a couple days ago, I got two more very nice browns and lost three more right next to the boat (one was a rainbow). Trout Puddle has produced very nice cutts and browns on many occasions (pics in secret lakes reports. The water in all the bodies of water I've been fishing have been very close in temperature as of late, and it is coming up.....
________
[l_,[____],
l---L -[]lllll[]-
()_) ()_)---)_) Jeeps are my other addiction......I need help, no, just more money!!!!