How many secret lakes do you guys have?

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishnislife
Admiral

RE:How many secret lakes do you guys have?

Post by fishnislife » Sat May 19, 2007 9:34 pm

That's a sweet set-up you got going on fishunt.
I wish I had more secret lakes than I do, but I have just one. A nice little private trout and bass fishery. If anyone wants to give any info up on a secret lake around Kitsap or Jefferson Counties, PM and I'll let you know if I will consider adding that lake to my secret lake list. [-(

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sun May 20, 2007 8:58 pm

I know of an irragation canal off I-90. I fished it a lot when I was younger. There is some nice trout in it too. Its very dangerous and I havnt been there for years but I know there is still fish in there. I dont want to give up the location but if you PM me Ill tell ya how to get there

flying_soldier
Petty Officer

Post by flying_soldier » Thu May 24, 2007 9:39 pm

I was just stationed out here in Kirkland and was wondering if anyone was willing to shoot me a coupel nice hidden spots. I understand this is a long shot but after being deployed for a year and a half I really want to get into some fish and prefer not having a million people around me. I live right next to Lake Washington but it is huge and I fish from a pontoon until I find a good secret place to walk in. If anyone has some help for me my emil is lbc007@gmail.com

Thanks!!!
"Ultimately the courage to do the harder right rather than the
easier wrong is easiest to find when we are reminded regularly of the
immense sacrifices and miraculous bravery of people like our US soldiers."

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Fri May 25, 2007 12:36 pm

F S, drop me a PM and I'll send you to a couple of local lakes that don't get much attention.

jbball50
Commander

Post by jbball50 » Fri May 25, 2007 7:04 pm

fishnislife wrote:That's a sweet set-up you got going on fishunt.
I wish I had more secret lakes than I do, but I have just one. A nice little private trout and bass fishery. If anyone wants to give any info up on a secret lake around Kitsap or Jefferson Counties, PM and I'll let you know if I will consider adding that lake to my secret lake list. [-(

fishnislife
I heard a few years ago that there are a few beaver ponds up by Tahuya/Lake Tahuya area where the hike-in areas are at. I've heard they had some nice bass in some of them but I'm not sure how it is now.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Fri May 25, 2007 9:29 pm

PM sent to ya jbball50.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Thu May 31, 2007 7:34 pm

flying_soldier wrote:I was just stationed out here in Kirkland and was wondering if anyone was willing to shoot me a coupel nice hidden spots. I understand this is a long shot but after being deployed for a year and a half I really want to get into some fish and prefer not having a million people around me. I live right next to Lake Washington but it is huge and I fish from a pontoon until I find a good secret place to walk in. If anyone has some help for me my emil is lbc007@gmail.com

Thanks!!!
i dont have any secret lakes to fish but hey i would love to get a soldier on a bunch of fish! THANKS FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:37 pm

i have a couple secret spots....
one is at the potholes, it's a shore spot that at times can be loaded with crappie.
i have quite a few nice spots on lake washington for perch & bass.
i've got a great spot on roesiger that holds some really nice crappie.
and i also know of a small lake/pond that is loaded with crappie (and some decent bass)! and the great thing is, people walk around the lake everyday and i'm almost always the only one fishing it!
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:24 pm

CK 14,

I see that you're in Edmonds? I grew up out there. Are you a lifetime resident?
Regarding a couple of "Secret lakes" you have... the one where people walk around you all day, but your the only one fishing.
I was wondering if you've ever thrown a line in at Chase lake on 84th and about 212th? Where the bridge goes over 84th.
Sometimes these "Secret Lakes" can be a little odd in that they are located in places that you just wouldn't be fishing, and they are sort of managed as little kid playgrounds. I always feel a bit embarrased to whip out ugly stick, but then I look at Chase and wonder.

Chris
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Don't be embarrased about it Chris, I got two ponds that are little 2 acre ponds that are in a dog park...No one thinks there is anything in it, until they see me pull out one of the couple 5lb bass in it...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

tmusky1
Lieutenant

Post by tmusky1 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:12 pm

I have a pond on my property (20 feet deep) that has a pet bass in it. I feed it goldfish that I buy at the pet store. I've got that thing so accustomed to me feeding it that the thing follows me around the pond. Trust me goldfish do not last long. It also has a ton of baby bass in it because I used to have 6 adults but something ate the rest. Its has bluegill and bullhead catfish in it along with crawdads and bullfrogs. My father in law also has a pond which is way bigger than mine. (40 feet deep) Anyway, a couple years ago I caught a bluegill that weighed 2 lbs-2 ozs. For those of you that keep track, it was roughly 3 ozs. short of the state record. I released it to get bigger but haven't seen it since. He also has some giant bass in there.