Secret Cutthroat Lake Chelan County

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jmay
Lieutenant

Secret Cutthroat Lake Chelan County

Post by jmay » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:29 pm

I used to do this lake as a kid, if you are in the Lake Wenatchee/Fish Lake area and want to feel miles away from everyone this one is very nice for a little work. Named Hidden Lake, It's not secret but I have only seen a handful of people fish it. It sits about 600ft above Lake Wenatchee.

You have to drive all the way around Lake Wenatchee from the State Park until you get to Glacier View Campground..slow winding round. Great viewing of Glacier View Mnt on a clear summer day. There is a trail at the campgound, its only a 1 mile hike but it is straight up hill. Once there there is a few shore locations to fish from but a floatube and a fly rod will give you hours of 8-12" cutts that are very hungry. Best Fished mid June - Sept. Being bug dope in June and early July

Gringo Pescador

RE:Secret Cutthroat Lake Chelan County

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:00 pm

If you are talking about following the road on the west side of lake Wenatchee to the end of the road - I know the lake you are talking about - you are right, very peacefull, great views, and I have never seen anybody else fishing it (besides myself).

A bit of info to add..
There is a parking lot on the left about 1/2 mile before the camp ground - there are pit toilets there and a maintained trail to the lake. This trail is 2 miles I think, but the grade is not bad at all. I also think they put up no parking signs at the trail head you are talking about, but I could be wrong on that.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker