Secret Bass Lakes For You Guys

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Fisherman_max
Commander

RE:Secret Bass Lakes For You Guys

Post by Fisherman_max » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:03 pm

i have another kind-of secret lake. its in the klinline pond park. klinline pond(some people call it a lake) is a regular opening day trout lake but if you walk 100 feet from the pond you will find a nice little pond that is the best bass pond i know of in clark county (remember i said POND) i have personally caught 50+ small-moderate size bass outa there over the course of 3 days. there are more than a couple monster size bass in this pond but they are way skittish and dont seem to eat anything. moslty catch .5-2 pounders here but it sure is fun, floating rapalas or plastics all work.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

USMCFisherman
Petty Officer

Post by USMCFisherman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:47 pm

I have caught one that went almost 5 out of the kline line pons I caught it about 5 months ago on a spinner bait before the weeds came in.

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:17 am

How about Bow Lake near Sea Tac? Have any of you folks fished it? I fished it a few times during the 1980's from a canoe and hooked a few largemouth up to 12 1/2 inches. There are probably a few lunkers lurking in that little lake. Not a secret lake but one you don't hear much about. Access is a little difficult.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:12 pm

yea i started fishing klinline pond right after the weeds came and only caught dinks
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

sending videos soon.

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:18 pm

Anyone Heard of Fallen Leaf Lake A.K.A Deadmans Lake? Its a pond right beside Lacamas lake. Its private property, but The Mill Owns it, So if you know a mill worker you and him can go in anytime you feel like it. Theres No dock, so you will have to use a canoe or something like that because the ppl who live in the house right beside the pond get very pissed. 1 or 2 years ago me and Lyndon hit the pond and we saw millions among millions of fresh Lm hatchlings. The lake looks to be at least 15ft deep and looks perfect for jigs and soft plastics. Biggest bass I Have ever heard of coming from the lake was around 8lb+ by a guy named Eric a long time before the pond became private. Someday I will sneak in and catch me a monster because I know they are there, just waiting for us to use something they have never seen before. Im sure some of you that live or visit the Vancouver area have noticed and wondered about the large body of water across from the Moose Lodge, while now you now.
If in doubt set the hook!

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:36 pm

yea every time i pass it i wonder if a lunker is lurking there, but i heard that it is shocked all the time so no fish can live in it, thats just a rumor i heard from a friend of a friend but it makes sense cuzz the mill uses it for somthing or other so maybe they dont want fish in there

Max's Video Production

sending videos soon.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:16 pm

That's a funny rumor, Max. It's just a lake on private property closed to the public to avoid litter and vandalism, as well as to protect the owners against litigation if someone got hurt.

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:33 pm

You ever hit Dead Mans before CAV?
If in doubt set the hook!

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:48 pm

Nope, been wishing for about 15 years now. Waiting for the fence to come down.

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:23 pm

same here i can understand why they would spread a runmor like that, i really wanna fish it bad but until those fences come down u could really get in trouble for tresspassing

Max's Video Production

sending videos soon.

TravisRush
Commander

Post by TravisRush » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:24 pm

Do you think Shadow would be pretty good as of now? My classmate also swears by this lake and says that he just kills there.

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:01 pm

i have never fished there but if some people have luck there then most people can have luck there

Max's Video Production

sending videos soon.