Why so few secret lake reports?

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
MikeFishes
Commander

Why so few secret lake reports?

Post by MikeFishes » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:45 pm

Okay, I know lot's of you have your own zipperlip lake(s). So I know you guys fish it somewhat often. Where are all the secret lake reports? I love to see the fish people pull out of the lakes, especially the non-typical lakes.

Derrick-k
Commander

RE:Why so few secret lake reports?

Post by Derrick-k » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:02 am

sorry mikey i will post some more soon

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:27 pm

Some people think the Secret lake Reports section is lame (past feedback). I enjoy those reports, although I like them better when we are given a few hints to try to figure them out.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:34 pm

Mike Carey wrote:Some people think the Secret lake Reports section is lame (past feedback). I enjoy those reports, although I like them better when we are given a few hints to try to figure them out.
Yeah, me too. It's kind of fun just even trying to find them. I've got a few places I have my eye on, just need to figure out who owns the water and get permission.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:09 pm

Mikey wrote:
Mike Carey wrote:Some people think the Secret lake Reports section is lame (past feedback). I enjoy those reports, although I like them better when we are given a few hints to try to figure them out.
Yeah, me too. It's kind of fun just even trying to find them. I've got a few places I have my eye on, just need to figure out who owns the water and get permission.

Just be careful out there Mikey some of these property owners can be real but holes ..i know a guy who was shot at before for fishing on private property .. #-o

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:52 am

yeah i agree be very careful. when i lived in NC it was common for people to knock on your door if you had a lake or pond on your property.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:04 pm

Some of my secret bass lakes are those with public access. They are not fished for bass as far as I know.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:02 am

Bigbass Dez wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Just be careful out there Mikey some of these property owners can be real but holes ..i know a guy who was shot at before for fishing on private property .. #-o
Makes sense to me. I'd be pretty ticked for someone tresspassing. In any case, I'll make sure I talk to the property owners first. :cheers:

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:53 pm

Okay Mikey,
I'll give you a secret report, but it's a river, not a lake. Salmon Creek near Vancouver has a bunch of largemouth bass!!!

During the floods of 1996, Klineline Ponds all fllooded over. The high water scrubbed the ponds severely sending bunches of fish into the creek. Since then, a couple guys and I started wading (swimming) downstream with a light spinning rig and downsized lures. It's easy to catch a bunch of bass. Have never caught one over 2 pounds, but it's still a hoot. I usually wait until August so I can wear shorts and old sneakers.

TroutCowboy
Lieutenant

Post by TroutCowboy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:45 pm

i can back up past feedback rec'd by our supreme overlord... personally, i never understood the point of a secret report. for all i know the report could be complete fiction, and my primary reason for visiting sites like this one is i'd like to take a shot at duplicating your success. heck, i'm even OK with feeling dejected when i've had no luck at the same lake. that's fishing!

however, like mike, i would tend to read these more if some clues where left so i could a) guess what lake you were on, and/or b) where on that lake you were fishing, and/or c) what lure/bait/method you were using.

in particular, i love stories about non-typical fishing locations, like the pond at the local gravel pit, or the shallow creek running through some farmland. i'm typically a C & R guy anyway, so i have no qualms about fighting a monster carp out of a irrigation ditch!

so... how about some clues in those secret reports? a page # out of the washington atlas? GPS #'s? the intersection of two roads? "left at the red barn, right at the forked tree, over the rickety bridge..."

share 'em and i'll read 'em! :thumright
JOHNNY K.
Liberty Lake, WA

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:30 am

Shshshshshshsh secret lakes are a secret. If ya post about them, guess what? No more secret. #-o
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

raffensg64
Commander

Post by raffensg64 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:04 pm

My guess is that while most of have our "old standby" lakes, most don't have secret lakes either. I'm also guessing that lakes that folks consider secret are well off the beaten patch and are difficult to get to, and are not fished often by those who even know of them. For those that do, they probably don't want to risk talking about it or even giving hints as to its' whereabouts. I used to have a secret Washington lake until I found out there's an access through private land that some folks are privileged to travel! It's still a great lake (pond actually), though, and I enjoy the beautiful 3-mile hike in with packs, tubes and gear but I can no longer consider it secret when other folks are driving up to within a couple hundred yards of it.

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:41 am

Mikey wrote:Okay, I know lot's of you have your own zipperlip lake(s). So I know you guys fish it somewhat often. Where are all the secret lake reports? I love to see the fish people pull out of the lakes, especially the non-typical lakes.
i have a few that i have to post

:king:

i have just been too lazy. sometimes report feels like too much work.
.: Half Man Half Amazing :.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 201 HDSV
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:47 am

Mike Carey wrote:... I enjoy those reports, although I like them better when we are given a few hints to try to figure them out.
TroutCowboy wrote:... however, like mike, i would tend to read these more if some clues where left so i could a) guess what lake you were on, and/or b) where on that lake you were fishing, and/or c) what lure/bait/method you were using.

so... how about some clues in those secret reports? a page # out of the washington atlas? GPS #'s? the intersection of two roads? "left at the red barn, right at the forked tree, over the rickety bridge..."

share 'em and i'll read 'em! :thumright
i have figure out some of the locations where people have fished in the secret reports already.

:king:

i have a few to post, but im not sure how many clues i will leave, or if i will leave any at all
.: Half Man Half Amazing :.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 201 HDSV
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV