dave ramsey

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
saltyseadog
Commander

dave ramsey

Post by saltyseadog » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:00 pm

any of you gent been through the financial peace university? or know what im talking about
fish on!

Primevci
Petty Officer

RE:dave ramsey

Post by Primevci » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:54 pm

No but im reading his book total money make over... and lsiten to him on my way home from school... when i get back tow ork we are gonna hit it hard...

Kfedka
Commander

Post by Kfedka » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:56 am

"Total Money Makeover" was the first book that I have completely read within many many years. I have also watched his FPU(Financial Peace University)DVD's. Been "gazelle" intense for the greater part of the year, now that the holidays are here its a little different story. :D

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Know of it, but haven't done the University. I know it must be good.
He has great things to say and commit to. My wife and I read his book a couple years ago and still try and implement his system. If you can't afford it with cash then don't buy it. And if your willing to pay 3x the retail price for something purchase it on a credit card, because that is what it will end up costing you. We have also tryed a couple of times to live with cash in hand only. Budgeting out everything and putting each amount in seperate envelopes. Bills, groceries, gas, play, saving, etc....If you spend what is in the envolope then you've exceded the amount for that particular thing. Any extra left over at the end of the month would go into a vaction, saving/emergency fund.
Great book and would recommend it to everyone.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:36 pm

Wish I could get my better half to make the commitment requirded to impliment his strategies.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:59 am

thats what its all about mikey:-$
fish on!

Rob G.
Warrant Officer

Post by Rob G. » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:19 am

Gotta love Dave, I'm going to Bible School and we used his book for our finance course....

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:49 pm

saltyseadog wrote:thats what its all about mikey:-$
already said too much, LOL. :-#

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Sounguru
Petty Officer

Post by Sounguru » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:19 pm

We have been on his system and will be debt free in a couple of years except for the house. We have taken a 7 to 8 year debt and cut it down to less than 4. It started out real hard to do with several false starts, but once you pay off that first bill early it is like a drug and you want to get the next one knocked out even quicker.

Once we are done it will free us up to make the move we want to make and hopefully then pay off a house in under 10 years.

So is it worth it heck yea.