Getting paid for Mac's at Lake Pend Oreille

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Wilkstr
Petty Officer

Getting paid for Mac's at Lake Pend Oreille

Post by Wilkstr » Fri May 25, 2007 10:29 am

~This post is not intended to offend “mackinaw guys!”~

So I guess this would be off topic due to Lake Pend Oreille being in Idaho, or maybe it doesn’t belong on this website at all. (It's not very far for us on the East side of the state)
I was just wondering if anyone has made any money catching lake trout there or not.
I am by no means a biologist but in my opinion it is just another example of fishing and game screwing up another lake, just like priest, and Flathead in Bigfork. The mac’s have eaten everything in sight including the fresh water shrimp they planted for them. Now that they have taken over they want them gone. I know that they are jeopardizing the Gerrard’s in ID. Flat head used to be full of world class brookies…. Ok, I am getting off my off topic.
Anybody make any money catching mackinaws?
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 25, 2007 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
<*)))))><

Basshunter046
Warrant Officer

RE:Getting paid for Mac's at Lake Pend Oreille

Post by Basshunter046 » Fri May 25, 2007 12:23 pm

O yes our wonderful Fish and Game departments #-o when will they end. Yes they are paying 15 dollars a head I guess. I know a couple guys here at work that go up to fish but they don't bother with turning the heads in. I was trolling up there last year because the fish and game netted walleyes there and thought I just had to get a jump on them and try it. Only thing We caught were Bull Trout (which are eeeelegal) and pikeminnows (:-") I guess they just gotta blow money. They have a Million+ dollar hatchery they put on the Clark Fork River, to supply the lake with bluebacks and it hasn't done its purpose I guess. It be just another lake to go down the tubes. Maybe they'll get lucky and it'll come back in my kids generation ](*,)