Happy Fourth of July!

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
fishnislife
Admiral

Happy Fourth of July!

Post by fishnislife » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:53 am

Have a great Fouth everyone. Be safe and enjoy yourself.
Where are you going? or Where did you go?

I'm hitting up the Kingston Parade and fireworks.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JT26
Commander

RE:Happy Fourth of July!

Post by JT26 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:46 am

Have a good fourth of July fishnislife, along with everyone else!

I just got back crappie fishing at Larsen Lake. Had a few hits, but i was set up wrong (huge jig)! Ill be back later with the right stuff and hopefully get some.

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:52 am

Happy 4th of July yall be safe and enjoy the Holiday.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

northfork
Lieutenant

Post by northfork » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:31 pm

My neighbor gives ballon rides in the local park AWESOME ride.
Attachments
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG (46.61 KiB) Viewed 1712 times
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG (54.8 KiB) Viewed 1712 times
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG (69.23 KiB) Viewed 1715 times

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:34 am

How is every body, I hope everyone had a nice Fourth. I spent mine with family and friends. Lit a couple fireworks myself and had a blast. cant wait until next year. My dad is finally going to turn the big 50. Yeah his B-day was today 4th July.
If in doubt set the hook!

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:23 am

the1fishingpro wrote:How is every body, I hope everyone had a nice Fourth. I spent mine with family and friends. Lit a couple fireworks myself and had a blast. cant wait until next year. My dad is finally going to turn the big 50. Yeah his B-day was today 4th July.
Nothing like coming into the world with a bang!:thumleft: :bom:

bel83
Petty Officer

Post by bel83 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:17 pm

Just got back a little bit ago from a roughly 18 mile round trip backpacking adventure. I was originally going up to Samish Island but that fell through when we could not bring our dog with us (and can't leave the dog alone on the fourth...that is like asking for her to have a heart attack). Anyway we hiked the Wenatchee national Forest, Cle Elum area. Started at Salmon La Sac campground and tried to get up to Waptus lake. We had never been up there before but I made myself familiar with the topo maps of the area and trusted our backwoods skills and the trail guide book to lead us forward. Everything was good until we got almost to the lake...the guide book said when you come to a fork about 1/3 mile from the lake, take a right to cross the sturdy foot bridge that spans the river (Waptus river) and continue on to the lake and campgrounds. Well the sturdy bridge was missing completely and even the concrete barriers embedded into granite looked dinged up. (The Guide Book said the bridge was only a few years old too) Anyway there was a sign that said take the main trail a bit farther up and you can cross at the horse ford. well we found the horse ford and my Fiance and I decided I would attempt the crossing alone. Got 1/3 of the way across and realized the current and depth of the river and the temperature meant that I would barely make it, let alone my Fiance and our dog certainly could not have swum that so I turned around and headed back to warm up and we made camp by the river. Unfortunately from what the ranger said the river was still closed to fishing in that area even though the lake was open (and still fully flooded.) Wish I could have thrown my line in as there are supposed to be some really good trout there but all in all it was a great Hike, even if we forgot our backpacking stove so had to eat cold meals. :) A great fourth of July. I will try and post pics once I get them onto my Computer. If you like backpacking and fishing this place could be perfect from what I was able to see.

Hope everyone kept it safe out there!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to Fish and he will Drink for a lifetime."

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:03 pm

All the fingers, hands, eyes and body parts in our party stayed where they should be. No firework accidents this year...

Weather was awesome for our parade, but by the afternoon, a little wind made things a little uncomfortable and brought some clouds. Fireworks were fun this year, our beach seemed to be a little toned down from normal years, but always wild nonetheless.

Hope everyone had a great time...
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

joshswrench
Petty Officer

Post by joshswrench » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:17 pm

Was out camping at Riffe lake (sorry no report). Ended up parking at the tacoma power parks grounds and camping about 15 minutes down the lake. Boated in and boated out. The water wasn't to bad, not to cool, not to warm, but man was it high and RISING! Spent most the weekend trying to keep the camp fire going and only had time to catch two smb. All and all it was a great trip with the family before I deploy again :salut: and an awesome scenic view from the lake.
Tight lines, JG

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Well, let's say that this year's Independence Day celebrations were just as expected with an added bonus. I've blogged all about it, so read for yourself(warning, it's a bit long)
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.