North American Fishing Club

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
iPodrodder
Commodore

North American Fishing Club

Post by iPodrodder » Tue May 15, 2007 9:20 pm

Is anyone here in the North American Fishing Club? I am in it, and I was just curious about you guys.

bigastrout
Commander

RE:North American Fishing Club

Post by bigastrout » Tue May 15, 2007 9:28 pm

I was but it turned into a cd of the month club. They were always sending me something I didn't want and if I didn't send it back in time they billed me for it. It was to much hassle for what I was getting out of it, so i quit.
Read The Reg's And Pick Up Someones Trash Since They Can't

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Tue May 15, 2007 9:38 pm

Hmm...I was just nominated, so I don't have any experience with that. But if it is really like that, thank you for telling me.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue May 15, 2007 9:58 pm

Im in the NAFC and the NAHC. They have a show on Versus (chan. 34 comcast) and it has some very helpful info on that as well

guyara
Angler

Post by guyara » Tue May 15, 2007 11:06 pm

My wife signed me up as a Life Member thinking it would be a plus for me. Bless her little heart....All I ever get is junk mail wanting me to buy over-priced gear. I did get to try out one product, but I think it was their way of getting rid of me....it was a product called Blood Stop which you use if you cut yourself. Fortunatly I have not tried it yet.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Wed May 16, 2007 8:50 pm

I'm afraid I'm going to have to echo the sentiments of the rest, I don't think it would be worth it. I'm a life member of the NAHC, and have been for 16 - 18 years (can't remember when I joined). In the beginning, it was good, now (like others have stated) it seems they don't know what they want to be, offers for tools, jewelry, clothing etc. all the time.

For awhile, NAHC put out some very nice books and I have a whole collection of them. They would send them out with return postage included in case you didn't want the book. Then that stopped and they would send all kinds of things that I didn't ask for. Of course, I had to pay postage to return the items if I chose not to buy them. I finally got fed up and called NAHC headquarters and told them I would consider any item I received after that conversation as a gift and I would not pay to return it or pay for the item. They promptly quit sending unsolicited items to me.

They also put out several NAHC cookbooks which I also have, but those stopped and they started sending fishing cookbooks as a way to entice NAHC members to join NAFC. I have declined many times over the years and tossed yet another "invitation" to join the "select" group of dual membership just last week.

No, I get more bang for my buck with a subscription to In Fisherman magazine and time on the water.=;
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Wed May 16, 2007 8:59 pm

I am a Life Member...pretty cool club. Free magazine. Bunch of free crap. Actually got a really nice Diawa rod and reel (spinning)combo even has my name painted on it. Pretty cool.. Then you get involved in the field testing. Nice stuff...
Todd Reis
Prostaff Auburn Sports & Marine
Musky Team
www.auburnsportsmarineinc.com
Fish Country Sporting Goods

YellowBear
Captain

Post by YellowBear » Thu May 17, 2007 10:07 am

I am a life member of the NAFC.
The information you can gather from the club is well worth the cost.
If you are looking for free stuff you will be disapointed.
If you don,t want them sending you things out of the blue just contact them and tell them not to.
They have a promotion going on right now that you can join for free and give it a try.
I have made some good friends that are all over this country and Canada.When I travel I can meet up with fellow members and get a first hand report on whats going on in any State.Most of the members will be more than happy to take another member out.This saves me a lot of money on guides.Next year I have 6 members that are coming out for a week or so to see this great State of ours.
I would say to sign up for free.Check out the web site and stop by the chat room.
YellowBear
Life member N.A.F.C.
Angling Masters international
Good luck and be safe

kartman253
Petty Officer

Post by kartman253 » Thu May 17, 2007 8:03 pm

i recently joined NAFC its allright so far, yellowbear is right the information u gather makes u a better fishermen or woman all around .

YELLOWBEAR - REELBURNER

Kevin K
Warrant Officer

Post by Kevin K » Thu May 24, 2007 7:25 pm

YellowBear wrote:I am a life member of the NAFC.
The information you can gather from the club is well worth the cost.
If you are looking for free stuff you will be disapointed.
If you don,t want them sending you things out of the blue just contact them and tell them not to.
They have a promotion going on right now that you can join for free and give it a try.
I have made some good friends that are all over this country and Canada.When I travel I can meet up with fellow members and get a first hand report on whats going on in any State.Most of the members will be more than happy to take another member out.This saves me a lot of money on guides.Next year I have 6 members that are coming out for a week or so to see this great State of ours.
I would say to sign up for free.Check out the web site and stop by the chat room.
I would have to echo these sentiments. I too am a life member. However, while you do not receive a lot of free gear, if you sign up for the field testing you will receive some gear. In the last two years I have received about two or three different items per year. There has been nothing major (a spool of line, a bag of worms, a crankbait, etc...) Unfortunately, you have to sign up again after each test, but for occasional free gear not bad. But the magazine makes up for it. It is fairly well written and does offer good advice on a variety of species.