Nintendo Wii

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
tcb
Warrant Officer

Nintendo Wii

Post by tcb » Sun May 06, 2007 12:44 am

So my wife picked up a Nintendo Wii this past week, and it seemed pretty neat (a novelty almost). Then I was at Best Buy and noticed the Rapala Fishing game for the Wii! Will it be cheesy? Will it be a waste of money?...

It was getting dark by the time I got home, so.. there I was sitting in front of the TV playing this silly game.

3 hours later, and here I am -- stopping to take a break because I am sweating and swearing at the thing!

If you have a Wii (or your kids do), try it out. It's not very repetitive and I havent lost interest in it yet. Quite the opposite, I am addicted.

The interactive Wii remotes make it much more fun than any other fishing game I have ever played. The game is probably going to get shelved soon in favor of summer, but I can bet you that this winter I will be playing this often.

Good thing I'm going out to do the reel thing in the morning!

- Tim
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 06, 2007 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Nintendo Wii

Post by A9 » Sun May 06, 2007 1:51 am

I might have to go pick it up even though I never play my system. I didn't even buy it. Would rather be fishing instead of video gaming it, but when theres a few spare minutes it'd be nice to have a sweet fishing game.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

bustin
Warrant Officer

Post by bustin » Sun May 06, 2007 12:12 pm

I would really enjoy getting a Wii due to how interactive it seems. I already have some other gaming systems. If you have a XBOX Rapala is also available for that. It is an older game, but very fun when not able to actually go out and fish.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Sun May 06, 2007 5:58 pm

A couple of my friends have the Wii, and it does make you sweat and swear as tcb says. It's pretty sweet.

dlt074
Petty Officer

Post by dlt074 » Tue May 08, 2007 12:00 pm

that rapala game is a hoot. my brother will waste hours in the winter on that thing. it's fun when he loses fishing just like real life!