New From Chicago

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
GeoFishing
Petty Officer

New From Chicago

Post by GeoFishing » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:39 am

Hello Everyone!!

Just thought I would introduce myself

My name is Geo, I just arrived in Tacoma Washington after living all 27of my years in Chicago IL. I'm getting my fishing license today my saltwater and freshwater and the shellfish which is 46.20 I would love to pick up any information about the area rivers streams lakes near me I'm an extremely adaptable fisherman I would love to learn from all of you phenomenal local Anglers. In Illinois I considered myself a multispecies catch-and-release enthusiast. My Instagram is instagram.com/geoFishing and I'm very eager to get some crabbing and possibly shellfish and also do some saltwater fishing before I even attempt freshwater stuff.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you

see you on the water

happy fishing

Geo

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: New From Chicago

Post by Larry3215 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:03 pm

Welcome to Washington and NWFR Geo!

Check out the Lakes section for details and fishing reports for local lakes. There will also be the Hotspots for each lake. You can filter the reports for species, time, etc. There is a similar section for salt reports. Very useful info.

Be sure to check out the regs carefully. They have been changing on a daily basis this year - especially for saltwater and rivers. I would download the regs and then check the on-line emergency rules section before going out.

Good luck!

DavidA
Lieutenant

Post by DavidA » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:40 pm

Geo: Welcome to the area. I'm sure you will find much to keep you busy in the water here. I'm sorry to have to tell you though that the last day of the regular crab season was yesterday. It is possible, and even likely that there will be a winter crab fishery, but that won't be known until summer harvest has been tallied. Listen for an announcement mid to late September. The free WDFW pamphlet (Walmart or any sporting goods place) has an abundance of information in it and well worth familiarizing yourself with. Best of luck.

GeoFishing
Petty Officer

Post by GeoFishing » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:15 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome Gentleman. I appreciate kind and generous Anglers. In Chicago I was always one to give a helping hand. I've done tons of research this last week, and I mean tons. I Have my licence for both salt as well as fresh and looking to go and respectfully " Tear " up the water ways this weekend.

I look forward to Seeing you on the water!!

George