How our wives (or significant others) must feel sometimes

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
mizm05
Commander

How our wives (or significant others) must feel sometimes

Post by mizm05 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Saw this cartoon on Facebook today and had to share. My wife isn't into fishing. She thinks it's great that I have a hobby that I'm so passionate about.......but she does have issues sometimes with the amount of time I spend doing it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has crossed that road.

Anyways...here's a little funny for ya.
wife fishing.jpg

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: How our wives (or significant others) must feel sometime

Post by Amx » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:40 pm

ImageImage
Tom.

Interests: living

Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Post by Mordalphus » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:09 pm

My wife of has issue when I come home empty handed, so I learned early to always catch something to bring home :p

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:55 pm

Be thankful. I counsel couples where the spouse is glad for the other to be away, the more the better!!

Good cartoon. Wonder how deep that bobber is set?

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:08 am

LOL...yeah my wife doesn't like it when I skunk either...In her mind it was a huge waste of time to go fish and not catch anything. It happens though...
Mordalphus wrote:My wife of has issue when I come home empty handed, so I learned early to always catch something to bring home :p

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:24 pm

My fishing enfuriates my wife. She asks "why dont you go live on the river" and things along those lines. Especially if I Fished more than 3 days in a row. Lol
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Oh man... there is SO much that could probably be said from each of our relationships about the fishing Jones.

I always like how when I come home skunked, how my wife goes into this whole thing about, "But didn't you get in touch with yourself out there, and your power animal"... or something?
Ya, of course I have a great time whether catching or not, but it's just weird how my wife never understands a second of my frustration when I speak of a day of no single strikes, or fish. She is all about, "But did you and your friend have a good time?!"
"Honey bun.... you and your GF went to the mall. So, I understand you actually forgot your purse.... But, didn't you have a great time with your GF, just sitting on the bench in the mall and hanging out?"
(My wife doesn't go to the mall, but you get my point) [flapper]

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:24 pm

My wifes father sold fish at the public market. My wife and father in law thought I was crazy. He'd say" Ralph I'll bring you it all from the market" . Needless to say after 2 steelhead seasons 2 trout and salmon seasons she got furious. They would get mad at me then they'd all go to Longacres for the day. Who was the crazy one?

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:57 pm

During the summer months, a fishing trip for my brother and I starts around 4 am when we leave for the water, till about 10pm when we get back home.
My wife and sister in law ask my brother and I the same question. "What in the world do you do for 18 hours?"
The answer is always the same. "We fish, and we talk".
This is usually followed by another question. "What in the world could you talk about for 18 hours?"
The answer is always the same "EVERYTHING"

One would think a woman would understand the ability to have an 18 hour conversation. A famous comercial clearly points out this fact stating that A Woman Will Say 21 Million Words Before An Evinrude E-Tec Needs Maintenance. A Man Will Say 7 Million.

That reminds me of one of my favorite commercials of all time. A Nitro boat commercial.
We've all seen it before but here's a link for old times sake. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgFhJN4H0T0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:33 am

LOL I knew it was that commercial before I clicked on it. [laugh]
Tom.

Interests: living

Uncle Wes
Warrant Officer

Post by Uncle Wes » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:53 am

When I am grouchy my better half either feeds me or sends me fishing. Guess that explains why I am grouchy all of the time. But in reality I'm just fat, dumb, and happy.