Will Duck Dynasty continue without Phil???

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
AJ's Dad
Commodore

Will Duck Dynasty continue without Phil???

Post by AJ's Dad » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:35 pm

OK,
I just edited this post. My previous words got a little long winded and could have been construed as stirring a pot.

I will just ask these questions.

Does anyone on this site enjoy the Duck Dynasty show as much as I do?
Will the show be the same if Phil is not involved?
Will the rest of the Robertsons allow the show to continue without Phil?

I love the program and I don't believe this is happening. Bummer!!
Last edited by AJ's Dad on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark K
Lieutenant

Re: Will Duck Dynasty continue without Phil???

Post by Mark K » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:55 pm

I think A&E is commiting suicide if they continue this suspension, or whatever it is they're calling it. Honestly, I think a majority of Duck Dynasty's viewers have the same opinion as Phil and yourself. He should be allowed to express his opinions, this is America. A&E will lose a lot more viewers if Phil is gone, than they will because of his opinion on this contraversial subject.

c_saeteurn
Warrant Officer

Post by c_saeteurn » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:37 pm

They entire family should just pull out
Im sure another network will take them up

Buck Dynasty

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:13 am

I heard Fox signed Phil a contract. But im not sure if that's true or not. I love the show!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

YellowBear
Captain

Post by YellowBear » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:26 am

Phil for president!

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:29 am

YellowBear wrote:Phil for president!
All in favor say "I"
"I"
Then it shall be done! [biggrin]
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

ncwflounderer
Lieutenant

Post by ncwflounderer » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:54 am

I don't watch the show myself, I saw about 2 minutes of it once and turned the channel. I think this guy didn't say anything wrong and he was clear he was expressing his beliefs and expressed no hate in anything he said.. His family posted this, and it looks like the whole family may be going their own way from a & e http://duckcommander.com/news/robertson ... s.facebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eat, sleep, fish

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:43 pm

Phil has the right to speak his mind. What I dont like are messages of hatred. Isnt there enough hatred in the world today. Why continue on hating.On a large network like A&E there is no room for this kind of behavior from a multi millionaire like the Robertson family. These are not poor ole rednecks. These are wealthy rednecks wannabes. Stop the hatred already.

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:33 pm

I didn't see the show, so AJ's dad what did he say that got him suspended that some of you happen to agree with.

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:04 pm

I think he has/had every right to say what he wanted and be true to his beliefs and A&E has every right to manage their brand and business however they see fit. It's a non story as far as I'm concerned. I disagree with his views but that's life.
Once full equality under the law is achieved, and it will be sooner or later, I hope we can all move on from this embarrassing era in our national culture and not give a &*$% what people think about it one way or the other. Just my $.02.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:07 pm

He quoted the Bible during an interview for GQ magazine in a manner that wasn't to the liking of GLAAD. GLADD has taken to speaking for all gay and lesbian people living in the United States and called for his immediate removal from the show. I'm kind of sick and tired of all this and wish that GLAAD and the rest of the special interest groups would just give it a rest already. You will never get 100% of the people all on the same page, it just isn't going to happen no matter how hard you stamp your foot or hold your breath, so stop trying. Our country has this thing called freedom of choice and when I don't like something I don't watch, read or listen to it.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:34 pm

G-Man wrote:He quoted the Bible during an interview for GQ magazine in a manner that wasn't to the liking of GLAAD. GLADD has taken to speaking for all gay and lesbian people living in the United States and called for his immediate removal from the show. I'm kind of sick and tired of all this and wish that GLAAD and the rest of the special interest groups would just give it a rest already. You will never get 100% of the people all on the same page, it just isn't going to happen no matter how hard you stamp your foot or hold your breath, so stop trying. Our country has this thing called freedom of choice and when I don't like something I don't watch, read or listen to it.
Amen. [thumbup]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:10 pm

sickbayer wrote:I didn't see the show, so AJ's dad what did he say that got him suspended that some of you happen to agree with.
He was expressing his opinion based on the bible, related to homosexualtiy. That said, that's why I deleted my original post and changed it to what you see now.
I did not want to get into a big pissing match with people that sopport the GLBT lifestyle. That already happened to me on this websiote a while back. I don't happen to agree with that lifestyle but that matters not. It is just my opinion. I do not in any way dislike or hate anyone that chooses that lifestyle. That's their choice. I am a christian and I believe what the bible teaches and tells me. Period.
Do I have all the answers? No. Do I think everyone should think like me? No. That's what makes this world such an interesting place. Do I judge people that live that particular life style? No. I simply make observations, and form my own opinion, based on my beliefs.

Now they are saying that he is a racist. I have not read the magazine article, just parts that have been refrenced in the media. I have now read the things he said referring to african american people. From what I have read, I did not see anything that popped out at me that showed him being a racist. He said he worked with black people, they were happy people, and he was with them. He also said that he never with his own eyes saw a black person being mistreated. How in the world does that make him a racist and get the NAACP all up in arms????
There are too many people out there just waiting to say "OH, this guy or that guy is not being nice to me or people like me" Maybe they should look at the other things he said like We should all be more like God and just love one another.

I see now that he is saying more things. I will have to read those and see if I agree with what he is saying now. My opinion so far is simply related to what I read originally.

Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Post by Mordalphus » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:34 pm

It's all a planned PR stunt.

If you think anything on that TV show is real, you're an idiot.

Mark K
Lieutenant

Post by Mark K » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:21 pm

Mordalphus wrote:It's all a planned PR stunt.

Who said anything on the show was real? This is all referring to something that didnt happen on the show at all.

PR stunt? Mabye. It is getting a lot of time everywhere you look now. I guess we will see. If the rumors are true and they do leave A&E then it's not PR.

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Could be for them depending on their contract with A&E. If they own the rights to the show, they may owe A&E to move, but could be a lot of money in shopping it to other networks. It is a hit show and the views expressed have support in this country, some of us may wish it wasn’t so but reality’s a you know what. The debate will continue, this probably isn’t the venue for it though.
Regardless of how you feel about the topic, Merry Christmas all, tight lines this holiday season!

Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Post by Mordalphus » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:30 am

Mark K wrote:
Mordalphus wrote:It's all a planned PR stunt.

Who said anything on the show was real? This is all referring to something that didnt happen on the show at all.

PR stunt? Mabye. It is getting a lot of time everywhere you look now. I guess we will see. If the rumors are true and they do leave A&E then it's not PR.
A&E have little to do with the show, they simply paid the most for it.
Remember, these "rednecks" came up with a pilot, and shopped it around to networks just like any other show. Maybe they feel like they could get more money with someone else now, so they perform this big PR stunt. Maybe Sarah Palin will pay them twice as much to grace her network, you never know.

Anyway, the GQ article is an obvious plant. These rednecks calculate every move they make, they just pretend to be stupid so that most of America will relate to them.

skagit510
Lieutenant

Post by skagit510 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:40 am

i agree it's a non story. he has a right to his opinion, network has a right to do whatever. i will say this though and that is I'm a bit tired of media portraying being an uneducated idiot redneck as cool. it's the same as glorifying being an idiot rapper or something. no wonder Americans are hated abroad if that's the two stereotypes being portrayed. i personally wish suck dynasty, honey boo boo and the like would just go sweaty and extinct. those people should be on animal planet and studied by scientists as they may hold clues to the missing link.

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 pm

Not a fan, but PC (Polite Censorship) does not outrank free speech. I heard some of the rhetoric from the "other side" and it was worse. I suspect if he said something hateful about something on the right, he'd be lauded instead of lambasted. Not going to clone them, though. I support the Constitution, not opinion. And of course, that's my opinion...

skagit510
Lieutenant

Post by skagit510 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:50 pm

free speech???? on a private network???