Thanksgiving Day

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Thanksgiving Day

Post by racfish » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:27 am

I want to wish everyone a very good Thanksgiving.I've been baking pumpkin breads,cranberry breads,and zuchinni breads . Also got my turkey rubbed ready for the smoker.Im making a sweet potatoe pie . Now after this TDay Im sure my chest waders will be too tight. G_d Bless all you and your families.

BentRod
Admiral

Re: Thanksgiving Day

Post by BentRod » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:41 am

Thanks Ralph. Same to you and yours. [thumbsup]

bassplayer17
Lieutenant

Post by bassplayer17 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:13 am

Thanks Rac Happy Thanksgiving to you and remember to turn your scales back 10# today...
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught....

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:45 am

HAPPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:10 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to All. Thank you for another fun year of reports and posts. =D>

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Happy Thanksgiving
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:27 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL and your families near and far! Let's eat brothers and sisters! :cheers:
Attachments
2013 Thanksgiving.jpg
2013 Thanksgiving.jpg (150.42 KiB) Viewed 1801 times
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

soundkite
Petty Officer

Post by soundkite » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Happy Thanksgivin'!

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:59 pm

UGH. Food coma and football and a 3 hour drive. And the family running around yelling about politics, back and forth from the living room to the den to fact check each others arguments. Arguing about the benefits of homemade eggnog versus store bought (myself and my brother-in-law prefer the store bought, even though homemade has a certain appeal for most things, eggnog is not one of the things you should mess with (we all agreed that it should have brandy)). The fruit cake was delicious, although we decided that there wasn't enough booze, so we gave it another good soaking and vac-packed it until Christmas. We debated whether white wine or red, I know, I'm crazy, but I don't like white, even with turkey. Our pumpkin pie was again crustless. I don't know what my family's aversion to crusts is, but we don't like them. You just eat around them anyway. The picture of the dead chum of course came up, that was a fun one, but as the night wore on, my bro-inlaw and I decided to take a step back as my wife's voice rose about 10 decibels and an octave and the fact checking became a furious pacing to and fro, and we went outside to play fetch with the dogs.

It was a wonderful day! It's times like these that I am so thankful for the things that we have. We spend so much time chasing the next big thing, the next promotion, the next run of big fish. Today is about family, and enjoying what we do have. I'm thankful that I can do my job and pay my bills and come home to crazy political arguments and soft, soft sheepskin moccasins, that were my early birthday present from mom-in-law. They are AWESOME.
Attachments
IMG_0336.JPG
IMG_0336.JPG (50.02 KiB) Viewed 1767 times