Another win for the good girls

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Big D

Another win for the good girls

Post by Big D » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:46 pm

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11 ... snhp&pos=7

Woman pulls gun on flasher: 'I'm going to blow your brains out
A flasher allegedly got more than he bargained for when he approached a woman at a lake in Washington state this week: a Ruger .380 pointing back at him.“I put the magazine in my gun. I cocked it,” the woman told The Daily News online. “I said, ‘You need to leave or I’ll shoot you. I’m going to blow your brains out.’”The gun reportedly had the intended effect.
“Oh, [expletive]!” the man declared, according to the paper, before running away.
The 35-year-old woman was at Lake Sacajawea in Longview, Wash., with her 6-year-old son and a dog Wednesday evening when the man approached, police confirmed to NBC News. He allegedly sat down and began performing a sex act and said she should watch. It was at that point that she pulled out her gun.After the man ran away, she sent her dog, a Norwegian Buhund Hound, after him, police said. The dog cornered him, and when she called the dog back, the man disappeared into the darkness. The alleged flasher is described as a “white male in his early 20s with short dark-blond hair and wearing a gray hoody and dark blue jeans,” the paper reported.
Detective Kyle Sahim said police are actively investigating the incident, including whether it is connected to another reported flashing in the area. "Not a common event in Longview," Sahim said.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Another win for the good girls

Post by Amx » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:47 pm

:cheers: Image
Tom.

Interests: living

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:02 pm

With a gun pointed at the perp, why not subdue him until the cops arrive? Now the search to find the basT@@rd begins. She certanly told him "now who is the be-atch"!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:50 am

MotoBoat wrote:With a gun pointed at the perp, why not subdue him until the cops arrive? Now the search to find the basT@@rd begins. She certanly told him "now who is the be-atch"!
Well, because she would have ended up in the can along with him. After his release on bail, he would have secured a lawyer and sued her for everything she's got. Apparently the only danger she was in was being grossed out by watching him play with himself, not truly and actionable offence for the use of deadly force. Subdue = Assault Hold for Police = Kidnapping and lets not forget, setting the dog on him.

None the less, he does need a little time in the grey bar with a lot of shrinking.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Bodofish wrote:
MotoBoat wrote:With a gun pointed at the perp, why not subdue him until the cops arrive? Now the search to find the basT@@rd begins. She certanly told him "now who is the be-atch"!
Well, because she would have ended up in the can along with him. After his release on bail, he would have secured a lawyer and sued her for everything she's got. Apparently the only danger she was in was being grossed out by watching him play with himself, not truly and actionable offence for the use of deadly force. Subdue = Assault Hold for Police = Kidnapping and lets not forget, setting the dog on him.

None the less, he does need a little time in the grey bar with a lot of shrinking.
Interesting. Where does the term "sue her for everything she's got" come from? That is not realistic, more of a pipe dream in my experience.

Since the lady was reported as "admitting" to pulling a gun on the perp. Isn't she supposed to be in jail bodo?

Hold for police = kidnapping? .....What is the logic behind that statement?

Trout_hunter
Angler

Post by Trout_hunter » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:35 am

Bodofish has it right. In the training class for concealed weapons permit, they were VERY clear that you'd better be in danger with NO options left before pulling your weapon on someone. The CWP gives you a tool to defend yourself, not to play sheriff. He was sitting on a bench, she was standing. Was he a sick creep? yes. Was she in immediate danger of physical harm? No. Sounds like she could have walked away. Oh, and unless your pet is trained for that sort of thing, sending them out after a stranger (if he truly is dangerous) is a good way to lose them.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:01 am

Thanks for that TH! I get worried when I read advice about getting the bad guys. We don't live in a made for TV movie, we live in the real world were every one of our actions carries consiquences especially where the use of deadly force is concerned, regardless of weither one is using it or mearly it's intent, the cosiquences can be quite severe on both sides of the law. So how about we just keep John Wayne in the movies and leave the chasing and holding of the bad guys to the guys we as a society hire and pay, the police.

<Off Soapbox>
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:09 pm

I totally get that the lady was perhaps over reacting. By "reportedly" pulling a gun and sending her dog. My point is: If your already in trouble for producing the gun. Why not hold the perp until the cops get there? Instead of wasting time, money and resources to find the perp........that has already been caught?

Isn't that like catching someone stealing the outboard off the back of your boat and letting them go, instead of holding them? Or seeing someone peeping in your home window, confront them, report it, and let them go as apposed to detaining them?

The remaining confusion was in the two statements below:

Hold for police = kidnapping? .....What is the logic behind that statement?
Where does the term "sue her for everything she's got" come from? That is not realistic

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 pm

The logic behind is, if you hold someone against their will, regardless of situation, they have every right to have the police arrest you for kidnapping. I might add, it's a federal offence. Not one I would like to try again.