SEAHAWKS!!!!!

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Fish_Bait111397
Captain

SEAHAWKS!!!!!

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:40 pm

While watching the Eagles-Vikings game I saw a commercial for the Seahwaks. If the Seahawks beat St.Louis Sunday night there in the playoffs for the first time since there SuperBowl loss. If they win, you think they gotta chance at making thru the first round? I dont think so, I like the Seahawks, but there gonna be goin against some pretty good teams and I dont think they can make it thru the first round. :bounce: :bounce:
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:SEAHAWKS!!!!!

Post by Amx » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:59 pm

They are what, 6 and 9? Ain't no way they'll do any good in the playoffs, even IF they make it.

I believe if a team can't do at LEAST 50% wins, they don't go into the playoffs regardless what any other team does, or how many other teams get to play in the playoffs.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Interests: living

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Kind of a tough question. Yes,the Seahawks aren't exactly a great team this season but I suspect by next season or two they could be a serious contender. With that being said,first off they have to get past St.Louis before they start uttering
the words "Playoffs...playoffs?" Ironically my Wife got us free tickets to this game.
If Seattle should beat the Rams,then it really is a clean slate and anything is possible. Granted,their are much better teams out there but hey...its the playoffs. As a Packer fan,it would seem rather messed up if Seattle makes a playoff bid
and Green Bay has to sit home and watch but the NFC West is weak and the top team will earn a chance.
I told jens earlier that if this is the case,I will go on a serious drinking binge that will end with me on an episode of COPS

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:53 am

I've been watching games as well and quite frankly the Seahawks are the biggest bunch of millionaire crybabies and are really embarressing.If the beat St. Louis it will truly be a miracle.Hasselback needs to retire now before he gets booed off the field again.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

lonnie197272
Warrant Officer

Post by lonnie197272 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:07 am

Yes the NFC West is weak this year but over the past decade no division has sent as many teams to the super bowl than this division. Its the nature of the beast. And for all the haters just relax there have been several times that Seattle has had winning records and not made the post season. Until there is a restructure of the divisions this is how it is. If they do beat the Rams they probably wont go very far but hey at least its a victory in a very bleak season. No one expected them to win more than 3 or 4 games this year so for them to be in this position is great as far as I am concerned. What kills me is all these so called fans that are actually hoping they lose this weekend just so they can get a higher first round pick. Nothing is guaranteed from the draft, there are more busts than sure picks. But the confidence that can carry over from winning a division title even with a 7-9 record can bleed into next year. This team was blown up and will be again this spring with 30+ free agents there will be major changes ahead so take it with stride enjoy this game and the possiblity of maybe one more. Nothing wrong with that and who know if the ball bounces in there direction good things could happen. Thats just my 2 cents.

Gonefishing
Commander

Post by Gonefishing » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:19 pm

I saw that commercial too and thought ewwwwwww that is your game of the week? You nuts?

Actually it would be there third trip to the playoffs since the Superbowl loss.

2005 was the ref. infested bowl :D

2006 they went up against the Chicago Bears, having a lead of 24 - 21 in the fourth quarter. Bears would kick a field goal to tie. Seahawks got the ball first and stalled at midfield... Bears would then win with a 49 yard field goal attempt.

2007 was the freezer game against Holgren's prior team in Green Bay. Hawks would take a 14-0 lead then freeze up. And dying 42-20.

2008 was the start of the swan dive... Mikey said "I can't stand the rain no mo..."

The key question is who is gonna play quarterback. Is it gonna be back out Mat who's back and broken Hasselbeck or Charlie Clip Board Jesus who can't walk on water and really needed a GPS system placed on the ball for Christmass Whitehurst. Even if we win I don't think we will go too far period. But I'd like to see them beat the Rams... even if I was a Ram fan as a kid.

My question is where will a win and trip to the playoffs put us as far as the draft is concerned?

lonnie197272
Warrant Officer

Post by lonnie197272 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:32 pm

They finish 6-10 they pick around 12, they win and dont advance far in the playoffs they would be 21. Not that big of a difference really. There best bet is to pick a young QB in FA as in Kolb then start building the lines on both sides thru draft and FA. Get a playmaker on the outside (should have made a deal for V Jackson instead of Lynch). Then get a good cover corner. Its a work in progress but still love em.

coretron22
Warrant Officer

Post by coretron22 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:25 am

If they make it, they are the first team in NFL history to go to the playoffs with a losing record. I have to say (as a reluctant lifetime Hawks fan...) that is a record tailor-made for the Seahawks. Other notable Seahawks entries in the record books are typically the records that other teams have acheived against the Seahawks. So with that in mind, they might actually have a karmic chance of winning...all other factors would seem to indicate that they are about to get completely crushed by the lowly Rams.

...not surprised to see Hasselfool get hurt after such vicious contact from the defensive player that tackled him...oh wait, no one even touched him.
Fragile a little bit?

reigndawgs
Commander

Post by reigndawgs » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:56 am

Why all the Haseelbeck hate? He is the only QB to lead us to the superbowl. He's past his prime and can't take a beating anymore, but then again he shouldn't have to take a beating. I love the hawks and root for them no matter what.

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:00 pm

I love matt and he still has his good days on the field, he jsut isn't starting material anymore.

No team from this division deserves to see a playoff game..........Just hope the spank the rams this Sunday while I am out spanking some steelheads.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:24 pm

okay Okay okay!!!! I'm wearing my Seahawks Hat next couple days. I will show my support too. I do like the Hawks I just wish theyd try a lil harder.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

sellis_414
Commander

Post by sellis_414 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:21 pm

Over 300 roster changes this season... Humm I wonder if they will bring the right team to play. Lets hope so.
"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer."

True Hero Rod Series Representative
Fetha Styx Associate

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:16 pm

It is now legal to use the word "Playoffs"
We had a great time out there. The 12th Man really brought the noise. The game itself seemed a bit sloppy at times
but eitherway the Hawk's are in and start with a clean slate. My son was having a good time making noise
and the Packers won too!

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:45 pm

They did it !!! Now they just gotta get pass the Saints !!

I hope the 'Hawks win, if they do, its gonna be a tough game for them. Good Luck 'Hawks :salut:
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:40 am

I just ordered my Seahawks Playoff hat. Yes the game was sloppy from time to time but a win is a win. GO HAWKS..I'll sacrefice a steely for them.

reigndawgs
Commander

Post by reigndawgs » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:57 am

I don't think you can try much harder than that!

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:40 pm

Props to the Seahawks for breaking an all time NFL record; the lowest ranked team in recorded history to be awarded a playoff seed! :bball: Now there is a wall hanger of a record.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:34 pm

[quote="Matt"]Props to the Seahawks for breaking an all time NFL record]

Think we could get all the fans to wear brown paper bags to the next game? The entire NFC west is a joke, a true embarrassment to the NFL and shining example of why the league should contract.

lonnie197272
Warrant Officer

Post by lonnie197272 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:15 am

Here is for all the Seahawk haters!!!!

A PLAYOFF BAKER'S HALF DOZEN
The Seahawks have advanced to the postseason for the seventh time in the past 12 seasons. How that accomplishment stacks up with the NFL’s other perennial playoff teams:

Team Berths
Colts 11
Eagles 8
Patriots 8
Seahawks 7
Ravens 7
Steelers 7
Giants 6
Packers 6
Buccaneers 6
Jets 6
Titans 6

So is the fact that the Seahawks have advanced to the postseason for the seventh time in the past 12 seasons. The only team in the NFC that has been more often in that span is the Philadelphia Eagles (eight). The only teams in the AFC that have been more often are the Indianapolis Colts (11) and New England Patriots (eight).

Not bad company that the Seahawks find themselves in, especially after all the trials and tribulations during Carroll’s first season as coach.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:21 pm

The only reason they go all the time is cause our division sucks ass. We have nothing to offer in comparison to the true powerhouses of the NFL
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."