NKorea fires artillery onto SKorean island

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Iamfishing
Petty Officer

NKorea fires artillery onto SKorean island

Post by Iamfishing » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:08 am

could this be the pot boiling over? i hope they do not bring back the draft if anouther war breaks out,the top US commander in the south said that if war was to break out US forces in the reigon would be wiped out in less than three hours heres the link to that

http://www.rense.com/general37/nkorr.htm

here is the link to the news story about the artillery fire

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101123/ap_ ... reas_clash

G-Man
Admiral

RE:NKorea fires artillery onto SKorean island

Post by G-Man » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:40 am

I can't see our troops being wiped out by North Korean forces unless someone totally drops the ball or completely loses their spine. We rule the sky and I'm sure that after this display of hostility, we will have upped our air presence in the region. Death from above baby! Ask the Iraqis what it was like to fight knowing that at any time the ground they were standing on could turn into a smoking hole.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:41 am

considering the North Koreans most likely sunk a South Korean warship killing 46 sailors earlier this year, this is just another in a long history of acts they've done:

South Korean warship sunk
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Am i nuts to say either bomb them or leave um alone enough of the pussy footing around them.
Seeking the violent take downs

Thunder jet
V8 309 pump
HAL the tr1 auto pilot
T8 high thrust
LCX 28 HD
Lowrance Broadband Sounder
Fusion for the beat
Penn 835's for the bang zone

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Iamfishing wrote: The top US commander in the south said that if war was to break out US forces in the reigon would be wiped out in less than three hours heres the link to that

http://www.rense.com/general37/nkorr.htm
I would take this article with a grain of salt. "A Strategy Of Massive Retaliations Against US Attacks By Han Ho Suk Director Center for Korean Affairs". It was written by Han Ho Suk, a Korean, from the "center for Korean affairs". If you were writing a paper representing your country intended to be viewed by your countrymen I doubt you would admit intimidation. Not only that but this is an abstract translated into English, not the exact original document. That document seems like scaremongering and whistle-blowing rather than actual fact.

I am sick of us sticking our nose where it doesn't belong. This is a civil dispute and should remain as such, we need to leave them alone! No more Freedom Wars!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:34 pm

We have committed to helping south Korea and that will not change.

We will fight that fight when it comes.....the only way we will not get invovled is if we remove all troops from there. Not going to happen....close to 15,000 troops just on the border and about another 20,000 in land between navy, air force, marines and army.

I am not for the way and it will be another blood bath like the 3 year war we had there before. You fight anyone on there home turff they are going to be willing to die for their country than the soldiers going over to fight there.

This war has been on the table for some time now and I think it is only a matter of time before we are all a part of it
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:45 pm

scott080379 wrote: I am not for the way and it will be another blood bath like the 3 year war we had there before. You fight anyone on there home turff they are going to be willing to die for their country than the soldiers going over to fight there.
Yep, I'm with yah on this one for sure Scott. It is inevitable and I just hate thinking that my brothers and sisters will have to die for a fight that I do not believe is just. :thumbdown
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:51 pm

part of joining the military you go and do as you are told even if you don't believe in it. I deal with it all the time and two tours in Iraq, I try to stay out of these kind of talks cause to be honest you can't support our troops and not our government.....they are fighting for our governemnet so there bullets speak for them and are supporting our governmnet choices. they go hand in hand.

I hate it at times but love at others. but come march no more for me

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:10 pm

I do not think it is the fact of wiping out N korea it is when china gets involved thats more of an issue. I would say both countries have Nuc weapons. so this fight will be home and a broad. but as scott says when in the miltary you do as told and as I always say at work do as asked then ask questions later when task is complete. makes for happy manager and easier work schedule.
Proud member of http://www.WAGUNS.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud Member of http://www.washingtonlakes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

follow my blog http://washintgonstatefishing.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kcc
Warrant Officer

Post by kcc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:07 am

My son is stationed in S. Korea. I pray to God that this doesnt escalate to an all out war!!!!! I havent been able to get a response from him since this happened and i am worried sick.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:43 am

They are probably just on full alert, and not allowing outside contact for awhile.
Tom.

Interests: living

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:26 am

I hope we dont do the Korea thing again. Once was enough.Maybe the govt owns alot of Hyundais so they are saving them.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:55 pm

I'm tired of screwing around with that pot bellied little moron. Nuke him.

Iamfishing
Petty Officer

Post by Iamfishing » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:40 am

G-Man wrote:I can't see our troops being wiped out by North Korean forces unless someone totally drops the ball or completely loses their spine. We rule the sky and I'm sure that after this display of hostility, we will have upped our air presence in the region. Death from above baby! Ask the Iraqis what it was like to fight knowing that at any time the ground they were standing on could turn into a smoking hole.
obama just sent an air craft carrier uss george washington.although i think it was already there

Iamfishing
Petty Officer

Post by Iamfishing » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:43 am

i think there will only be one way to stop this whole north korean bull$#%^ is by taking out the leaders,cut the head off the snake.otherwise i feel we are just going to keep seeing stuff like this happen over and over again...but as far as the war starting up again,there is a quote i am sure all of you have herd.....history repeats its self.first as tragedy second as farce....

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:28 am

Marc Martyn wrote:I'm tired of screwing around with that pot bellied little moron. Nuke him.
:cheers: :bom: :bom: :bom: :cheers: :compress: :salut: :salut: :rambo:
fish on!

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:32 am

There will always be wannabe super power leaders like Hussein, Hugo Chavez, Gadaffi. They will always talk big and try to show they are a big power to be dealt with.

I always liked Teddy Roosevelt's quote, "Speak softly and carry a BIG stick. [sneaky]
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:36 am

Marc Martyn wrote:There will always be wannabe super power leaders like Hussein, Cesar Chavez, Hugo Chavez, Gadaffi. They will always talk big and try to show they are a big power to be dealt with.

I always liked Teddy Roosevelt's quote, "Speak softly and carry a BIG stick. [sneaky]
Our stick isn't big enough, anymore, it needs to be built up again.
Tom.

Interests: living

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:14 pm

Our stick is not bigger enough because we are fighting on too many fronts.
Seeking the violent take downs

Thunder jet
V8 309 pump
HAL the tr1 auto pilot
T8 high thrust
LCX 28 HD
Lowrance Broadband Sounder
Fusion for the beat
Penn 835's for the bang zone

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:09 pm

Oh, it's big enough alright. We have been using it wrong. You carry a big stick, but you don't go around the world clubbing governments and then get caught up in the "We must fight a clean war" syndrome like we are in now.

In October of 1962, Kennedy picked up the stick, showed it to Khrushchev and basically told him to remove the missiles from Cuba or he would use it. Khrushchev backed down and the two gentlemen came to an agreement.[wink]
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.