So what are your Thanksgiving day plans??

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

So what are your Thanksgiving day plans??

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:57 pm

We are getting some much needed family time in. Going out to the coast near Copalis area (Seabrooke) staying for 4 days. Bringing a smoked bird from home, cooking garlic mashed potatoes and dressing at the ocean. Doing pumpkin and apple pie here to bring with. Probably a side dish of green beans stir fried in bacon/Chantrells. (heart attack coming)
4 days of beach walking, ( a little surf casting b4 the fam. wakes up) go into Ocean Shores and do some go-carting in the freezing cold, and if the horses are on the beach maybe a little horse back riding for my daughter.
Leave work at work.... and the people you need a break from at home:dwarf:

What you??
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:So what are your Thanksgiving day plans??

Post by Amx » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Suppose to warm up, so I'm going to finish digging a water drainage ditch along the front pasture to keep the water from flooding the wellhouse when it rains ALOT, seperate the rocks from the dirt, hose the dirt off the rocks, haul rocks to the ditch and dump them in. Dump the dirt along the 'driveway' to the back 20 and slope it nicely. Then finish a rock wall along the front driveway, and start filling in the side of the driveway to make it all flat along there. :-) Not to mention watch lots of tv if it rains too much, or if a good movie is on.
Tom.

Interests: living

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:17 pm

I got to work 5:30 am to noon then I got to go to the inlaws#-o #-o #-o :-& We are supposed to have a high of 18* for turkey day:colors:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Gonna spend the weekend with the inlaws in adna, wa. My wife's parents are italian and make sooooooooooooooooper good food, so I'm pretty stoked. My wife convinced me to fish at the skookumchuck black friday, so we'll do that together and then go shopping at the outlets there in centralia. Heheheheh.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Im thinking Ill start by fishing on wednesday. Trying to get another load of chromey coho. Then I will be spending the day doing a huge dinner at my house. We have a 20lb bird Ill be cooking up and my wife will be doing most of the side work. Ive already smoked up a bunch of fish and have it vac sealed and in the freezer. Friday morning will be an early day. Shopping for xmas gifts all in one day. We have a few stores planned to hit and we have to do it fast and furious. Then saturday prolly fishing again. And sunday will prolly be spent sledding with the kids in the mountains. I have to tivo the game so I can watch it when I get home though lol.
More fish please!

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:43 am

Smoking a Turkey.

Eating it.

Yard work if the weather permits.

XBOX if the weather is foul.

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:07 am

going to my fishing buddy's house (we grew up together) and eats some bird, drink some crown, and tell some fishing tales.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:24 am

Chasing Steel early Thursday and Friday. In between eating some bird, napping, boozin. Go Patriots! Might be chasing those elusive Late Chrome Ho's that are rumored in some Rivers Saturday :-$ :-$ The Notellum got a late run...
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:38 am

frying a bird but fishing first then come home to fry up the bird for the dinner having my sister and her family come over for dinner. so the son and I will be out hitting the water holes for a while. and the wife and daughter will start on the from scratch cheesecakes hmmmm and pies Sweet potatoe my moms recipe this is our first TG up north. and first time living in a snowy enverioment this is going to be a great winter I love the snow. and fishing in it is better than fishing in the rain lol.
Proud member of http://www.WAGUNS.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud Member of http://www.washingtonlakes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

follow my blog http://washintgonstatefishing.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

crankbait42
Commander

Post by crankbait42 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:02 am

WINTER STEEL!!!

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:48 am

day plans.......hmm trying to stay awake while making food right after coming off 24 hour duty Wednesday.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:34 am

scott080379 wrote:day plans.......hmm trying to stay awake while making food right after coming off 24 hour duty Wednesday.
a 24,you a firefighter too?

Our plans changed a bit. We usually play host to the family coming over here but this time we are headed to my brother inlaws place up in Graham.
Have a great holiday everyone!

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:38 am

kevinb wrote:
scott080379 wrote:day plans.......hmm trying to stay awake while making food right after coming off 24 hour duty Wednesday.

Our plans changed a bit. We usually play host to the family coming over here but this time we are headed to my brother inlaws place up in Graham.

Nope in the Nayy, jsut my Duty day, I get about 1 to 3 hours of sleep if I am lucky on duty days. Sometimes I get none though

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:40 pm

My family has been the family gather spot for Tday for as long as I can remember, whole lot of family coming up from all over, 20 lb bird, smoked salmon, tons of booze and laughter and catching up with those we don't see often enough. Then Friday AM its off to the Snoho for sturgeon fishing with a good buddy and Saturday I think its up to Rockport and launching at the Steelhead Park to look for some early hatchery brats [thumbsup]

Have a happy and SAFE Turkey Day all!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Matt wrote:My family has been the family gather spot for Tday for as long as I can remember, whole lot of family coming up from all over, 20 lb bird, smoked salmon, tons of booze and laughter and catching up with those we don't see often enough. Then Friday AM its off to the Snoho for sturgeon fishing with a good buddy and Saturday I think its up to Rockport and launching at the Steelhead Park to look for some early hatchery brats [thumbsup]

Have a happy and SAFE Turkey Day all!!
Careful launching a steelhead park, the last time I was there you could barely put a drift boat in. They weren't allowed to use a wheel loader to clean the launch. There is a launch just before town that doesn't get filled with gravel. That’s one of my favorite spots bar none. When the clouds part you don't even need to catch fish, just stair around in awe.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Racer
Warrant Officer

Post by Racer » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Gonna fry up the turkey and relax. Work has been hectic for the wife and I. We're going to have some cop friends from town over for dinner that have to work that night. THey don't get to have the full deal with their family so they get to come over to ours for a bit.

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:26 pm

playing call of duty black ops
Seeking the violent take downs

Thunder jet
V8 309 pump
HAL the tr1 auto pilot
T8 high thrust
LCX 28 HD
Lowrance Broadband Sounder
Fusion for the beat
Penn 835's for the bang zone

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:21 pm

goin to wifes family thursday then brining and smoking a bird in the treager on friday
fish on!

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:26 pm

Bodofish wrote: Careful launching a steelhead park, the last time I was there you could barely put a drift boat in. They weren't allowed to use a wheel loader to clean the launch. There is a launch just before town that doesn't get filled with gravel. That’s one of my favorite spots bar none. When the clouds part you don't even need to catch fish, just stair around in awe.
Thanks bodo, you're always full of helpful info! :cyclops: I am a newb on the Skag, but it's time I start gettin' after it!
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:55 pm

scott080379 wrote:
kevinb wrote:

Nope in the Nayy, jsut my Duty day, I get about 1 to 3 hours of sleep if I am lucky on duty days. Sometimes I get none though
Hang in there brother,I never knew they'd put you folks on a 24hr rotation. They can be brutal but you know that already.
For what its worth,we appreciate your service and we wish you a happy Thanksgiving!