Deadliest Catch

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Deadliest Catch

Post by kevinb » Tue May 13, 2008 11:06 am

Heres another annoying reminder.

If you havn't seen this clip before....hilarious, about a minute and a half in. P_rGxa4BJ9w

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue May 13, 2008 5:01 pm

kevinb wrote:Heres another annoying reminder.

If you havn't seen this clip before....hilarious, about a minute and a half in. P_rGxa4BJ9w
LOL

YAAA! That was great. Can't wait for tonights episode "Racing The Clock".
Thanks for the sweet clip kevinb, you got me all excited now to watch Deadliest Catch and shoot off a gun.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:27 pm

OK,here's another reminder.....its on tonight!!!!
I hope Uncle Phil doesn't have a heart attack

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:51 pm

Time for the Opilio Season. Should be a stormy, wet episode. Could get pretty nutty on deck.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kavykid2k6
Warrant Officer

Post by kavykid2k6 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:08 am

who watched the first of the opie season, crazy stuff, backto back storms, the coastguard havin ice problems. looks like they are in for some good fishin though.

something happened to phils boat too, like a head gasket or something
Fishing the waters of the stilly, sky and snoho and the lakes of
North Snohomish county-- and my pond

Reel_Nut
Petty Officer

Post by Reel_Nut » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:31 am

I'll never forget fishing out off St. Paul Is and the Mavrick picking me up to take me in so that I could fly out for my sons birth. That was an exsperiance. They say "Throw your Bags", and they are like 10' from the side of the boat. Then they come back around and you have to jump from the cap rail to their deck. I worked on the MV Galexy for three seasons. She went down a few years ago.

Some of the longest days of my life were fishing for Snow and king crab in the Berring Sea.

ReelFisher
Petty Officer

Post by ReelFisher » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:56 am

Great Show, it's a must on the DVR list for recordings!
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

kavykid2k6
Warrant Officer

Post by kavykid2k6 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:36 pm

ice road truckers season two--- this sunday at 9pm!!!! going across the ocean somewere now i guess, looks crazy
Fishing the waters of the stilly, sky and snoho and the lakes of
North Snohomish county-- and my pond

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:00 pm

fishnislife wrote:That was freakin hilarious when they pulled up that truck. I can't imagine what was going through their minds. Best punk'ed yet. I don't think that one will be beat very soon. I thought both episodes were great. Had me glued to the screen for awhile.
Thanks again for the constant reminder kevinb, I probably would have forgot without it.

fishnislife
when they welded the other boats pot shut was pretty good as well. lol i got a kick out of it.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:07 pm

Season finale is tonight.
I hope I can watch the whole thing.I'm at work and today has been mellow(good thing)but usually that means payback in the evening.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:42 pm

Personally I think the show is boring, same old thing day after day. But my woman and the 14 year old geek on it. I even got her the XBOX360 Deadliest Catch game. Its even more boring than the show.

I prefer Star Gate SG1, Atlantis.... Get to fight the same old aliens day after day after..... #-o

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:08 pm

RaMcVey wrote:Personally I think the show is boring, same old thing day after day. But my woman and the 14 year old geek on it. I even got her the XBOX360 Deadliest Catch game. Its even more boring than the show.

I prefer Star Gate SG1, Atlantis.... Get to fight the same old aliens day after day after..... #-o
Ouch...
Thats ok,not everyones cup of tea.
I love this show

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:56 am

My wife hates the reality TV shows that I like on the Discovery Channel (Deadliest Catch, Survivor Man, Man versus Wild).

She does like "Project Runway" on Bravo. Actually, I will admit that PR is a rather entertaining show.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:05 pm

I don't like sci-fi (too cheezy), I don't like contrived reality shows.

DC is more of a documentarian film with legs, getting more into interpersonal relationships and the life of a fisherman than the actual act of hauling pots.

Makes me want to go crabbing.

Oh, and DVT is a bad thing. (Deep Vein Thrombosis).

E

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:48 am

Funniest thing....I hadnt been watching Deadlist Catch in awhile since I dont have cable and usually only caught it at work....I was at my father inlaws house watching it and it showed a guy I went to high school with....Darrell Labay aka greenhorn D-Bo.....i laughed my arse off!
Oh, and DVT is a bad thing. (Deep Vein Thrombosis).
yeah since I work in respiratory I see a lot of people who get pulmonary emboli from DVTs that have broken free. Those with sitdown jobs are at higher risks for DVTs...truckers, airline pilots, etc. Not only did get have a pulmonary embolus, he punctured his lung via a broken rib when he got knocked out of his bunk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_embolism

“In a scene to be shown later this season, a monster wave pummeled his boat in January, causing him to fall out of his bunk. He punctured a lung and broke his ribs. But his condition worsened after a blood clot dislodged from his leg and traveled to his heart.” http://www.accessatlanta.com/services/c ... cxtype=rss
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owner, Bakercraft Lures - http://www.bakercraftlures.com/

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:09 am

Hmm, it was my understanding that he did have a few ribs break, but no actual penetration of the lung sac itself.

Interesting.

E

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:59 am

Gisteppo wrote:Hmm, it was my understanding that he did have a few ribs break, but no actual penetration of the lung sac itself.

Interesting.

E
well he was coughing up blood so either he punctured the lung or the embolus cause an anuerysm.......or the whole thing caused some capillaries to burst....who knows...i was looking around to find out what exactly he had....one report said he had a pulmonary aneurysm, another said embolus, another just said he had a dvt break loose...
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:29 am

My money is a PE secondary to the DVT scootin through the heart. Once it was lodged, overpressurization (nothing 13 red bulls a day couldn't cause) due to HTN, a little pink, frothy sputum, and a good time was had by all.

But thats just my layperson thoughts...

E

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:38 pm

Gisteppo wrote:My money is a PE secondary to the DVT scootin through the heart. Once it was lodged, overpressurization (nothing 13 red bulls a day couldn't cause) due to HTN, a little pink, frothy sputum, and a good time was had by all.

But thats just my layperson thoughts...

E
hehe.....you say layperson's thoughts???? My guess its not so lay lol.....

that and Im sure how much stress he is under doesnt help his blood pressure any either lol

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:25 pm

CatchCon

Seattle to host 'Deadliest Catch' fan festival

11:54 AM PDT on Thursday, March 26, 2009

By KING5.com Staff

SEATTLE – The Discovery Channel has selected Seattle to host the first convention for fans of the popular television show "Deadliest Catch."

The April 25 event, called CatchCon, is billed as "the first, ultimate 'Deadliest Catch' fan experience." It will bring together cast and crew members from the reality show, which follows crab fishing vessels in the Bering Sea.

Captains set to attend include Sig Hansen, Keith Colburn, Phil Harris and Andy and Johnathan Hillstrand.

According to the Discovery Channel’s Web site, the event will give fans a behind-the-scenes look at the making of "Deadliest Catch." Fans will also have the opportunity to get autographs.

Registration has already filled up for the event, but fans can sign up to be on the waiting list by visiting this link.

There is no cost to attend CatchCon.