Street Bikes

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
davidwat1
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Street Bikes

Post by davidwat1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:41 pm

RaMcVey wrote:Whos got a scooter, and loves to ride it?

Yea, yea, I know.. been told this before. "1200cc aint what I would call a scooter".

I have an '02 Kawasaki Concours, and an '06 Ninja for my lady. Im looking into making some mods to one of the bags to support a tube for a rod or two. I'd rather not get a pole that breaks down into 10 pieces to fit in one of the bags so a mod seems in order.

Anyone else here like to fish or camp from their bikes?
I can't say that I can fish or camp from my bike, but I got one nonetheless.

Here is a pic of my R6.
Attachments
yamahar6.jpg
yamahar6.jpg (288.18 KiB) Viewed 2644 times
http://www.WatkinsBassfishing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sponsor WashingtonLakes.com

davidwat1
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by davidwat1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:57 pm

I've apparently lost my mind, because I can't get the image to post as anything other than an actual attachment. can someone restore my sanity and tell me why the actual image isn't showing up? thanks!
dave
Attachments
yamaha2.jpg
yamaha2.jpg (131.84 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
http://www.WatkinsBassfishing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:13 pm

davidwat1 wrote:I've apparently lost my mind, because I can't get the image to post as anything other than an actual attachment. can someone restore my sanity and tell me why the actual image isn't showing up? thanks!
dave
Dave, take a look at your post above, on the top right it should read "Attach Edit Delete Quote". Click on "Attach" and follow the bouncing ball to upload your pics. Once uploaded, go back into the thread and the pic should be there.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Nice Bike!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

davidwat1
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by davidwat1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:59 pm

Thanks guys, fishaholictaz you were right, the size was too big, so it made it an actual attachment rather than the image. Gringo, I was confused because I was trying to use the attach option, but that worked just fine once I resized. Again thanks to both of you! -Dave

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:09 pm

davidwat1 wrote:Thanks guys, fishaholictaz you were right, the size was too big, so it made it an actual attachment rather than the image. Gringo, I was confused because I was trying to use the attach option, but that worked just fine once I resized. Again thanks to both of you! -Dave
IS THAT YAMAHA!:colors:
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:49 am

flippinfool wrote: IS THAT YAMAHA!:colors:
If it's got two wheels and no doors, it is good with me! :cheers:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:17 am

Were doing an office move here at work, I was supposed to drive the truck again today... Oops...

The :sunny: weather :sunny: is so nice I had a brain cramp and took my wifes Ninja :rambo: to work.

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:52 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:
I WAS FOOLIN WITH DAVE HE RUNS A MERC ON HIS BOAT AND I RUN A YAMAHA ON MINE SORRY BOUT THAT GRINGO! :compress:

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:08 am

flippinfool wrote:
Gringo Pescador wrote:
I WAS FOOLIN WITH DAVE HE RUNS A MERC ON HIS BOAT AND I RUN A YAMAHA ON MINE SORRY BOUT THAT GRINGO! :compress:
No apologies needed! No problem!

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:37 am

Nice bike DW!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:36 pm

I have ridden on the back of a dirtbike for about 2 minutes, does that count ?

In all seriousness, my brother started with a CBR F3, went to a Kawi ZX-7R, then to a ZX-10R. He was 2nd in points one year at SIR, only to be beat by his best friend and riding buddy at the time, who ran a Busa. They would run the crap out of them bikes all evening, and still hit Highway 18 on the way home at over 180+.

My brother is no longer with us, Be safe out there :pale: You have no idea how an accident can F up a family, or a close friend or relative forever.
aka Powerworm

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:19 pm

Right now, I ride a '04 Ducati Monster and a '06 Kawasaki Vulcan. The latter is my commuter bike.

I don't have any pic's of the Vulcan, but here are two of the Monster: The top one is from a few years ago at the DNW calendar photo shoot. The bottom one is after I swapped my pipes out. Its for sale if anyone is interested...
Attachments
Monster_side.jpg
Monster_side.jpg (87.18 KiB) Viewed 2697 times
DNW_calendar_pic.jpg
DNW_calendar_pic.jpg (34.74 KiB) Viewed 2694 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:49 am

GOOD LORD HOW FAST DOES THAT GO!!!!!!!

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:42 am

Most bikes are limited to ~180 mph by the onboard electronics. The fun part is seeing how fast you can achieve that. Not sure exactly what motor in in the Monster but Im willing to bet it can hit the 150-160 range. My C-10 can. But I dont drive it that fast for a number of reaseon... death and tickets come to mind first.

I second what ChrisB said!

If your gonna ride, get a bike you can handle (weight, power, height).
Take a riding class.
Wear protective gear.

Here is a fun website, I'd like to go ride this road one day... just WITHOUT the semis!

TAIL OF THE DRAGON AT DEALS GAP, 318 curves in 11 miles

Main Route - http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps_dragon_road.html

Trucks page - http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon_trucks.html

Ride Safe! :cheers:

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

The Monster is only a 620 (I used to have a 900 Cromo, but it got the best of me and is now a parts bike :-" ). Being that it is a naked bike I tend to keep it in the double digits except for quick bursts every now and again. The bike is really more at home on the twisties than the superslab anyways. The toys on it you can't see are what really make it fun- PCIII, 14T front sprocket (-1 from stock), cone filters (no airbox) w/ tuned venturi's, and no innards in the exhaust. I love a bike that sounds downright angry.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:58 am

Hey boys, Here's my 1999 Harley Roadking. She's had a few custom upgrades done to her. New front fender, stretched tank, and of course the flamed paint job to mention a few. I love it. If I aint fishin I might as well be ridin. I had the mods dome after I hit a moose, that's right, a moose, on it back in October of 2006. It was worth the pain. Happy Fishing
Attachments
ROADKING.JPG
ROADKING.JPG (423.08 KiB) Viewed 2642 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Pike Supremacist"

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:33 am

AJ's Dad wrote:I had the mods dome after I hit a moose, that's right, a moose, on it back in October of 2006. It was worth the pain. Happy Fishing
Congratulations on surviving the moose but that is a heck of a way to get mods done!#-o

I dodged a few deer in the middle of the night in South Dakota before. Not many around to tell about it after actually making contact though..

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:00 am

I was looking back at some of my old posts and saw this thread. Havent seen any new additions to it in a while. I have done a few changes to the bike so I thought I would post another photo. This spring I had a dual exhaust installed along aith 14" ape hangers and a 21" aluminum front wheel. We had to raise the front fender a little but I love the way it looks and rides.
Attachments
DSC_0301.JPG
DSC_0301.JPG (303.77 KiB) Viewed 2632 times
"The Pike Supremacist"

MrJohn
Petty Officer

Re: Street Bikes

Post by MrJohn » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Some sweet machines up there.
Used to ride but I really can't anymore.

Have an 81 Goldwing with less than 40,000 on it that I thought I'd be riding all over.
Need to get her running and sold.