SUPERBOWL XLIII

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
fishnislife
Admiral

RE:SUPERBOWL XLIII

Post by fishnislife » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:38 am

The line is 7 in favor of the Steelheaders.

I'll stick with the Cards.
Have a good Superbowl party guys. Hope some one wins a big pool.

fishnisilfe
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:18 pm

shawn wrote::cheers: I'm still bitter about our superbowl against the steelers.So I'm going with the cards.I would love nothing more than the steelers to get shafted by refs like we did.One can only hope.GO CARDS..
shafted? lol

i clearly remember someone in green dropping the ball 3+ times. the ref doesnt make you drop the ball. most of those plays were crucial to continuing the drive. 1 of them would have been a td.

i call a steelers blowout
.: Half Man Half Amazing :.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 201 HDSV
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

Crumb
Petty Officer

Post by Crumb » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:23 pm

T Dot wrote:
shawn wrote::cheers: I'm still bitter about our superbowl against the steelers.So I'm going with the cards.I would love nothing more than the steelers to get shafted by refs like we did.One can only hope.GO CARDS..
shafted? lol

i clearly remember someone in green dropping the ball 3+ times. the ref doesnt make you drop the ball. most of those plays were crucial to continuing the drive. 1 of them would have been a td.

i call a steelers blowout
As I recall, the Hawks wore BLUE...soooo I'm not sure which game you watched. But still, you're right, the team in BLUE did drop some balls. However, I still say they got SHAFTED!!!!

I remember a few BAD calls the refs made that ended a couple of hawks drives. Including a phantom holding call when the Hawks had actually caught the ball in the endzone. And at NO POINT did ANY PART of Ben cross the plane of the endzone!

At least Vinnie got his helmet over.

Oh ya, GO CARDS!

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:08 pm

Crumb wrote: As I recall, the Hawks wore BLUE...soooo I'm not sure which game you watched. But still, you're right, the team in BLUE did drop some balls. However, I still say they got SHAFTED!!!!

I remember a few BAD calls the refs made that ended a couple of hawks drives. Including a phantom holding call when the Hawks had actually caught the ball in the endzone. And at NO POINT did ANY PART of Ben cross the plane of the endzone!

At least Vinnie got his helmet over.

Oh ya, GO CARDS!
blue / green - none the less, refs are a part of the game. no matter how they call it, you have to deal with it. in the end no one really remember 2nd place.

fyi - i now have mo leverage on ya, ima make mo fun of ya, cuz you be a chicken fan.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

Crumb
Petty Officer

Post by Crumb » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:34 pm

T Dot wrote:blue / green - none the less, refs are a part of the game. no matter how they call it, you have to deal with it. in the end no one really remember 2nd place.

fyi - i now have mo leverage on ya, ima make mo fun of ya, cuz you be a chicken fan.
Ya, I'm a Hawks fan. I've been here since day one. And believe me, you need all the leverage you can get. But it doesn't change the fact, and with the above statement you obviously understand the refs interfered in that superbowl, the Hawks got robbed.

I've dealt with it just fine, but for the record...I will always remember who came in second in superbowl XL.

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:08 pm

Crumb wrote: Ya, I'm a Hawks fan. I've been here since day one. And believe me, you need all the leverage you can get. But it doesn't change the fact, and with the above statement you obviously understand the refs interfered in that superbowl, the Hawks got robbed.

I've dealt with it just fine, but for the record...I will always remember who came in second in superbowl XL.
i dont recall the whole game, but i do recall there were alot of drop balls. enough where i thought the other team should have won easily.

im not a seahawks fan, so i dont remember how much impact the refs had if any. yes in all games there are good and bad calls. i play alot of sports and understand thats just the nature of the game. you deal with it and move on, but its better if you just blow the team out, so it doesnt effect you at all.

in my lifetime that will be the most talked about controversial superbowl, especially because the state i live in. either way, its more a stab in the back, as they dismantled the team the very next season.

i do like die hard fans and detest bandwagon jumpers. ima dallas fan, which is another reason for me to hate the seahawks.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

Anyfish
Petty Officer

Post by Anyfish » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:04 pm

Stweelers! To HATE or not to HATE? If the chickens were in the dance I would probably say HATE. But they ain't.

Go Cards. The last time Warner won the SB, he won me $350.00 Not a big fan of the red bird team, but, needless to say, I will be rootin for Warner to win the game as I again already have my money on the vet (kurt) to pull the unkown 9/7 cards past the stealers. As a matter of fact, I hope the cards kick their #@&.

I think if the cards can compete in the 2nd half, it will be close.
84 Bass Tracker 17' V
72 EV Lark 50

HillbillyGeek
Captain

Post by HillbillyGeek » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:16 pm

I was a Cardinal fan as far back as I can remember. Jim Hart was my idol.

Then those A-holes moved to Phoenix and I've despised them ever since. Bill Bidwell is a wanker.

PS: I also hate the Rams -- including ex-Ram Kurt Warner.
Go Chiefs! :cheers:

(Yeah, the Chiefs suck big-time but they're still my #1 team.)
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piscatory Geekus Maximus

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:52 pm

T Dot wrote:i call a steelers blowout
close game - but it was a good ending

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

Basshunter048
Petty Officer

Post by Basshunter048 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:20 pm

I was hoping for the Cards, but knew it was a wish. I good game though!!!!

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:27 pm

Basshunter048 wrote:I was hoping for the Cards, but knew it was a wish. I good game though!!!!
My thaughts excactly, great game through. The Cards have nothing to be ashamed about. The Steelers on the other hand, like harris's punch in the back and then pushing when someone is down already should have been ejected.

:batman:
Well its not called Catching!

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:48 pm

eustace wrote:My thaughts excactly, great game through. The Cards have nothing to be ashamed about. The Steelers on the other hand, like harris's punch in the back and then pushing when someone is down already should have been ejected.

they are not going to eject anyone in the biggest game of the season

and it was a push not a punch, his fist wasnt closed.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:05 pm

T Dot wrote:
eustace wrote:My thaughts excactly, great game through. The Cards have nothing to be ashamed about. The Steelers on the other hand, like harris's punch in the back and then pushing when someone is down already should have been ejected.

they are not going to eject anyone in the biggest game of the season

and it was a push not a punch, his fist wasnt closed.
You honestly think he shouldn't of been kicked out for this?
http://i40.tinypic.com/whbja8.gif
Watch it again to remind yourself...Cuz it wasn't just a "push"...

He is clearly punched while on the ground, then pushed back down again, then finally gets up and avoids being pushed back to the ground and gets on his feet..

One of the most classless acts I've seen in a while. I'd be ashamed to have a player like James Harrison on my team if I ran a football organization....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Awoods
Warrant Officer

Post by Awoods » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:28 pm

eustace wrote:
Basshunter048 wrote:I was hoping for the Cards, but knew it was a wish. I good game though!!!!
The Steelers on the other hand, like harris's punch in the back and then pushing when someone is down already should have been ejected.

That was a very stupid part on Harrison's part. Even though I hate the Steelers with a passion that guy had my respect after he ran in that 100 yard interception for a touchdown. But once he pushed that dude all of my respect was gone for him. Good game though. Officiating was'nt terrible even though that second (of the 3) personal foul was very iffy. Both teams were getting penalized fairly, unlike superbowl XL! Well now it's time to focus on husky basketball and a mystery mariner team which is turning out to be exciting.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:34 pm

Amazing game. It has been awile since we have had quality SuperBowls back to back. I thought the Cards could have pulled it off but the D couldn't hold. None the less, great game. I still hate the Steelers.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Awesome game....thats how they should be....down to the wire.

Totally agree with A9... Football is physical but that move was totally uncalled for and he should've been tossed.

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:36 pm

A9 wrote: You honestly think he shouldn't of been kicked out for this?
http://i40.tinypic.com/whbja8.gif
Watch it again to remind yourself...Cuz it wasn't just a "push"...

He is clearly punched while on the ground, then pushed back down again, then finally gets up and avoids being pushed back to the ground and gets on his feet..

One of the most classless acts I've seen in a while. I'd be ashamed to have a player like James Harrison on my team if I ran a football organization....
its a part of the game - yes it has its up and downs... and to answer you question, it still not a punch. there is always alot of pushing and shoving like that.

you tell me if you have ever punched and held you hand backwards like that after the fact. call it a punch if you will.

i wouldnt be ashamed if he was on me team. every person has a role - some play the neck breakers, some play the superstar.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:09 pm

T Dot wrote:
its a part of the game - yes it has its up and downs... and to answer you question, it still not a punch. there is always alot of pushing and shoving like that.

you tell me if you have ever punched and held you hand backwards like that after the fact. call it a punch if you will.

i wouldnt be ashamed if he was on me team. every person has a role - some play the neck breakers, some play the superstar.
Pushing an opponent into the ground multiple times and keeping him from getting up like that is no where near part of the game of football.

Regardless if it was a punch or not, it was completely uncalled for and absolutely unsportsmanlike....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:16 pm

definately no class and in my eyes negated his amazing 100 yard return. Would even have considered him for MVP up to that point. That return was huge.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:22 am

A9 wrote:Pushing an opponent into the ground multiple times and keeping him from getting up like that is no where near part of the game of football.

Regardless if it was a punch or not, it was completely uncalled for and absolutely unsportsmanlike....
you must be watching a different channel or something. this is the nfl, and the playoffs for that matter. are you saying you have never seen that type of play before? this is not the first time, nor will it be the last. that is pretty tame from the other things ive seen, because all i see here is shoving and pushing.

time after time, you see tiny little qbs get body slammed by enormous dlinesmen. tell me you dont see those quarterbacks that get blindsided after the plays being called dead - with some being head shots to boot. they get it day in day out. it is unsportsmanlike - hence the flag... but it is a part of the game. it is rare you dont see something like that in a game.

some guys are relentless, case in point. just because mr #7, is bigger and strong doesnt mean he has a different set of rules. people hit him harder, especially because of his concussions. people in the league make a point on how hard they can punish you, how hard they can hurt you - even if it draws a flag. it will make you think twice next time, when you go for a block, jump for a ball...

some people in the game are designed to take penalties - get under your skin and cause you yourself to get a penalty.

case in point - cuz you say you have played bball before. its like a flagrant foul in basketball, you do something to make a point. push your team harder - or whatever. so are you saying the badboys of the 80's were [fill in the blanks as you so please]. they do play a different style - but they win championships as well. some people will see them as the dirty boys, some will see them as champions.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV