two poles!!!!

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
panfisher
Captain

two poles!!!!

Post by panfisher » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:01 pm

i pay'd for the second pole license last week so i could target multiple fish while ice fishing. rigged up for trout with a trout candy jig and the other with a bobber and panfish ice-jig tipped with a maggot for perch. all though the trout were the only one's interest'd in the candy-jigs.this is only one reason to have the second pole option. i can combine the fly-fisher purist/ bait fisher at the same time:-" :cheers: 8-[ 8-[ when spring comes:thumleft:

G-Man
Admiral

RE:two poles!!!!

Post by G-Man » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:23 pm

I'll probably end up getting my 2nd rod endorsement when I head over to the dry side to chase walleye this year. It would also come in handy when targeting kokes come June.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:45 am

I think Im going to get it too. Trolling for Kokanee, oh yea.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:42 am

I am going to get it closer to April. I went and figured how much I would need for all that I fish and it will be over $80.00.

But that 2 pole thing will be nice at Clear Lake (Pierce County) for kokanee.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:29 pm

I plan on fishing for catfish (as they are in most waters i fish) while i'm targeting panfish/trout. most cats i've gotten and seen caught were incidental as many were caught by trout fisher's off the bottom. if it were thought more of, there are many ways to use two poles whether shore fishing or using a boat.

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:16 pm

seems like everyone was trash talking the 2 pole thing last year! But me, I'll get it for sure. There were many times last year that I had my boat running parallel to the shoreline, I was bassin' towards the shore and wishing I could sling some powerbait in the other direction.

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Dustin07 wrote:seems like everyone was trash talking the 2 pole thing last year! But me, I'll get it for sure. There were many times last year that I had my boat running parallel to the shoreline, I was bassin' towards the shore and wishing I could sling some powerbait in the other direction.
thats what i'm talking about! used that method fishing for northern pike in the midwest. trolling a lure and casting towards shore. would catch them both ways and sometimes would have a double hitter which was really fun when your alone.

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Dustin07 wrote:seems like everyone was trash talking the 2 pole thing last year! But me, I'll get it for sure. There were many times last year that I had my boat running parallel to the shoreline, I was bassin' towards the shore and wishing I could sling some powerbait in the other direction.
thats what i'm talking about! used that method fishing for northern pike in the midwest. trolling a lure and casting towards shore. would catch them both ways and sometimes would have a double hitter which was really fun when your alone.

Gamefisher
Petty Officer

Post by Gamefisher » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:41 am

I had the two poles when it first game out. Only one time did I have two on at once(trout). That was a lotof fun, but the biggest one got a way. I will buy it again this year.
A bad day of fishing, is better then a good day at work !!!!!!!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:25 am

I won't. Most all of the waters I fish are migratory so no two pole ticket for me. Now if it extended to salt water........
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:08 am

None of the places that I like to fish are 2 rod eligible. I can catch plenty of dumb put and take planter trout with one rod. The only way that I would pay to use a 2nd rod would be in salt water. I'd pay $100 for the 2nd rod then.
Life's short - fish hard!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:13 am

Yep, $100 no problem!!!!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

datsun
Petty Officer

Post by datsun » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:59 am

I purchased my two pole endorsment for my "old man" type fishing like I do at blackmans. that way I can soak some powerbait on one pole and cast lures, or throw the other pole off the other side of the dock if I want to. If I had a boat id be double trolling if I determined I was that coordinated!
The only thing I think bothers me a bit, is if people thing your "cheating" since up untill this year you were only allowed to have 1 pole in the water.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:48 pm

datsun wrote:I purchased my two pole endorsment for my "old man" type fishing like I do at blackmans. that way I can soak some powerbait on one pole and cast lures, or throw the other pole off the other side of the dock if I want to. If I had a boat id be double trolling if I determined I was that coordinated!
The only thing I think bothers me a bit, is if people thing your "cheating" since up untill this year you were only allowed to have 1 pole in the water.
that is when you give them one of the highly sought-after cards to this sight. PM mike to get yours. i'll be giving out at least 100 by spring:thumright

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:09 pm

It will be nice running 2 poles trolling, trying to find proper depth, action and color prefered.
I hope they provide a list of lakes we can do this, since there are many bodies of water exempt.
Is this included in the new regs? This rule is new to me so I looked it up on the wdfg web and saw
a huge list of the exempted lakes, I was quite disappointed. I'm still looking forward to trying it out!
FISH-ON
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cast first, worry later.

datsun
Petty Officer

Post by datsun » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:35 am

spindog wrote:It will be nice running 2 poles trolling, trying to find proper depth, action and color prefered.
I hope they provide a list of lakes we can do this, since there are many bodies of water exempt.
Is this included in the new regs? This rule is new to me so I looked it up on the wdfg web and saw
a huge list of the exempted lakes, I was quite disappointed. I'm still looking forward to trying it out!
FISH-ON
Yea so basically any lake that has migratory fish it seems and any lake with modified limits? like 3 or 4 trout vs the 5 standard.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:51 am

This is just a tool to make more money. I don't really blame them for doing it, but I miss the south, where you could use as many poles as you want. Doesn't matter how many poles you have out since your daily limit doesn't change.
Lee

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:00 am

can someone post a link for a list of legal waters, or is there one? thanks
fish on!

Big D

Post by Big D » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:22 am

saltyseadog wrote:can someone post a link for a list of legal waters, or is there one? thanks
Here you go: http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/twopole/lakes.php
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:47 am

That sure seems like a long list. I notice that a lot of the bigger lakes, where I think this would be most helpful, are on the list of no "two-pole" fishing. :scratch:
The thought of sitting on the bank and casting two lines, does not appeal to me, but trolling two lines at different depths or with different gear, I will admit, does. However, it would seem that it should apply to all fresh water bodies that are fishable. I could see it being off-limits when selective gear rules apply, but link it, so there isn't an additional rule that you have to look up. There are already enough of those.