Mariners GM Shaking it up-Shipping Putz off to Mets

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Mariners GM Shaking it up-Shipping Putz off to Mets

Post by A9 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:38 pm

Not a big baseball fan here, but thought it was interesting that our new GM is making some bold moves pretty early.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3761556
Putz, Reed and Green all go, we get some younger talent in return.

Interesting that the Met's pick up another closer after signing K-rod...Maybe they'll trade him away for a bat? Or are they gonna utilize him as a setup man?

Who knows, Putz might not ever regain '07 form after his injury, it would turn out to be a heckuva deal if Franklin Gutierrez turned out good and Putz never regained top shape. I wish Putz all the best though, and hope stays up there as one of the best closers in the game.

Good call/Bad call? Opinions?

Things can't get worse now that Bavasi is gone...Wish Gillick stuck around....Look where his team (Phillies) ended up this year!
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Gonefishing
Commander

RE:Mariners GM Shaking it up-Shipping Putz off to Mets

Post by Gonefishing » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:46 am

I didn't want to see JJ go but he was getting beaned so often last year that it wasn't funny....

Not sure what to think of it but the new GM is making moves... hopefully good ones.

CaptainJack
Petty Officer

RE:Mariners GM Shaking it up-Shipping Putz off to Mets

Post by CaptainJack » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:45 am

I like the trade. M's get 4 decent prospects and now have one of the best (if not the best) outfield defenses with Gutierrez, Chavez, and Ichiro.